Windows 10: My Microsoft Account has a ghost password that **** up my logins

Discus and support My Microsoft Account has a ghost password that **** up my logins in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So, I have a microsoft account and this **** saga of ****. Starts with, my original xbox/microsoft account had an email that I lost access to.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TheSpiritFox, Aug 3, 2020.

1. My Microsoft Account has a ghost password that **** up my logins

So, I have a microsoft account and this **** saga of ****.

Starts with, my original xbox/microsoft account had an email that I lost access to.

So, I got in touch with support and worked to change my email. I had to jump through some hoops but we eventually got it changed to a current email.

Except, that my microsoft account will not forget the old email. When I sign in with my new email it displays my old email as the "account name" instead of my new one.

I just tried to sign into skype. First, it asked me for my pin. Sure, put it in. Then it asks me to verify the account belonging to my old address. An account which DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE. So I use all the passwords I have ever used for microsoft and what do you know, none of them work because THE ACCOUNT DOES NOT **** EXIST ANYMORE.

So I am locked out of skype now. I keep running into this goddamn issue and there is NOTHING I can do to change it, so I have to get in touch with a support agent.

But oh, guess what. You cannot contact support agents through the virtual help thing. I get to sign in, it signs in, then signs back out, and goes back to the virtual agent.

I have literally no way to address this at all. I cannot open a support ticket because apparently microsoft did away with that **** or something? I need a phone number, but apparently THERE ISN'T ONE.

So I have this microsoft account. With a ton of xbox purchases on it and ****. With all my information. And it keeps **** up.

I don't need suggestions, I NEED A **** MICROSOFT AGENT TO GET ON THE **** PHONE WITH ME AND REBUILD MY ACCOUNT FROM **** SCRATCH BECAUSE YOUR SYSTEM IS TOO **** STUPID TO UPDATE MY GODDAMN ACCOUNT

:)

TheSpiritFox, Aug 3, 2020

2. Ghost account at login screen

Hi there,

I recently changed my computer name in System and after restarting was presented with a ghost version of my usual account on the login screen. The account has the same name as my Microsoft account, but no avatar image. The usual password does not work with
    it.

I have auto-login turned on, however it defaults to this ghost account, so it tries to login with my Microsoft account password, fails, and then I can click cancel, select my Microsoft account from the bottom left and login.

I have tried looking in "Family & other people", and there are no entries in there, and I can't seem to find any information online about how to remove this ghost account.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

stuntboots, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Ghost account at login screen

Hi,

All that has done has locked me out of my account. As mentioned, there were no additional accounts in “Family & others”.

Using the command line method, it said the account was deleted successfully. However after restarting, the ghost account was still there, and now my password no longer allows me to login to my Microsoft account.

I tried changing my password on the Microsoft website, but the computer still rejects the new one.

This is a substantially worse situation than I was in prior. As I can no longer access my computer. I do not have an alternate administrator account.

stuntboots, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Addie Win User

My Microsoft Account has a ghost password that **** up my logins

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

My Microsoft Account has a ghost password that **** up my logins

1. My Microsoft Account has a ghost password that **** up my logins - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account has

2. Microsoft changed my windows login to microsoft account - don't know the password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft changed my windows login to microsoft account - don't know the password: So i had to use a Microsoft tool to verify my something in my Windows installation which required a MS account. I don't have one, don't want one, don't use one. But the tool required one, so i created a temporary account.After shutting down the PC it turns out my Windows...
  3. Microsoft changed my windows login to microsoft account - don't know the password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft changed my windows login to microsoft account - don't know the password: So i had to use a Microsoft tool to verify my something in my Windows installation which required a MS account. I don't have one, don't want one, don't use one. But the tool required one, so i created a temporary account.After shutting down the PC it turns out my Windows...
  4. Microsoft changed my windows login to microsoft account - don't know the password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Account locks up my computer after login in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account locks up my computer after login in: This is happening more and more, when i turn on my PC desktop computer and after I login, my computer is lockedup with a wait cursor and taskbar showing an "Microsoft Account" title. I clicked on it to see the app but nothing. It sat there for 5 minutes with nothing...
  6. Microsoft Account locks up my computer after login in

Microsoft Account locks up my computer after login in: This is happening more and more, when i turn on my PC desktop computer and after I login, my computer is lockedup with a wait cursor and taskbar showing an "Microsoft Account" title. I clicked on it to see the app but nothing. It sat there for 5 minutes with nothing...
  7. Microsoft Account locks up my computer after login in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Microsoft Account login password incorrect

Microsoft Account login password incorrect: I am setting up a laptop i got for christmas, and I am setting up my user account I'm the only account on the laptop. But when i try to configure my settings I get the message - 'Next time you sign in to this computer, use your Microsoft account password'When I enter the...
  9. Microsoft account login password error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account login password error: I just got a new computer. I am unable to register this device with my Microsoft account or use it to log into Microsoft because while it accepts my correct password at the first stage, it always claims my password is incorrect at the next stage when it prompts me to enter my...
  10. Login Password changed to microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Password changed to microsoft account password: I have been using the same password to login to my computer for 3 years and I have not changed any settings or logged into the Microsoft store. I have updated my pc many times and still used the same password but after putting to sleep it wants to use my microsoft account...