Windows 10: My microsoft account keeps saying I don't have internet

Discus and support My microsoft account keeps saying I don't have internet in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I recently attempted to change the primary email associated with my microsoft account, because when they changed xbox accounts over to full... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PendulumSoul, Oct 12, 2020.

1. My microsoft account keeps saying I don't have internet

So I recently attempted to change the primary email associated with my microsoft account, because when they changed xbox accounts over to full microsoft accounts, they migrated my account with the parental control email as the primary email, and I was finally tired of my mom changing my password because she thought my xbox account was her microsoft account, and she had lost access to the email she had tied it to anyway. After that, my microsoft account started throwing up errors when I tried to use it in apps, including the store, but I thought it was just a migration thing and would go away. At the time I did the migration I had contacted Help and in the process, had created a second microsoft account to transfer a bogus xbox profile onto. Two weeks later, still no solution, I contact Help again, and they have me update my windows, which requires a restart, so I let it lie for a while and see if that fixes it. It didn't. Today, I contacted Help again, and after two hours of troubleshooting, their answer is to just move onto the new microsoft account and ditch the old one. I find this answer unacceptable. If I was open to that idea, I could have done so without ever contacting Help. Does anyone have an idea for how to fix my current account rather than just jumping to a new one?

Edit: Funnily enough, the troubleshooting today has allowed me to log into the Xbox app on my computer with my current account, and it shows up properly, but is confused which email I'm using and doesn't register that I have Game Pass.

:)

PendulumSoul, Oct 12, 2020

2. Local account to Microsoft account: Swap motherboard & keep win 10?

It looks like you defininately need to link a microsoft account with windows 10 or it says go to the next section (if u didn't) and the next section explains how to purchase a new licence:
    "

• Select I changed hardware on this device recently, then select Next.
    • Enter your connected Microsoft account and password, then select Sign in. The troubleshooter will only work with the connected Microsoft account.
    • From the list of devices that are linked to your Microsoft account, select the check box next to This is the device I’m using right now.
    • Select Activate.
    If you don’t see the device you’re using in the list of results, make sure that you signed in using the same Microsoft account you associated with the Windows 10 digital license on your device.
    If you continue to experience errors while activating, see Get help with Windows activation errors and locate the error you're getting.
    If you didn’t link your Microsoft account to the digital license before the hardware change AND you used a product key to upgrade to Windows 10, then continue to next section."

sgtsixpack, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Addie Win User

My microsoft account keeps saying I don't have internet

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

My microsoft account keeps saying I don't have internet

1. My microsoft account keeps saying I don't have internet - Similar Threads - microsoft account keeps

2. My Microsoft thinks I don't have an account!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft thinks I don't have an account!: Im trying to play minecraft kept logging me out but i just logged in this whole time But now it completely doesn't work. When I try to login to mojang, it says I have migrated to microsoft and tells me to go there Which is trueBut when I try to login to microsoft, it says...
  3. My Microsoft thinks I don't have an account!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft thinks I don't have an account!: Im trying to play minecraft kept logging me out but i just logged in this whole time But now it completely doesn't work. When I try to login to mojang, it says I have migrated to microsoft and tells me to go there Which is trueBut when I try to login to microsoft, it says...
  4. My Microsoft thinks I don't have an account!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Microsoft store says that I don't have internet connection when I do.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store says that I don't have internet connection when I do.: I have been trying to download minecraft after uninstalling it due to bugs and this keeps popping up. Troubleshooter also seems to think that I'm not connected, and windows isn't updating....
  6. Microsoft store says that I don't have internet connection when I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store says that I don't have internet connection when I do.: I have been trying to download minecraft after uninstalling it due to bugs and this keeps popping up. Troubleshooter also seems to think that I'm not connected, and windows isn't updating....
  7. Microsoft store says that I don't have internet connection when I do.

8. I don't have Settings in my Microsoft Account

I don't have Settings in my Microsoft Account: Hi everyone, I am trying to set Offline Permissions, which is supposed to be under Settings in my Microsoft Account.However there isn't a Settings area in my account. Wondering why this is, and how I can set Offline Permissions so I can play Solitaire offline. It says I have...
  9. My minecraft account says I don't own the original game, but I have it on my microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My minecraft account says I don't own the original game, but I have it on my microsoft account.: I bought the original Minecraft game on the Microsoft Store for Windows PC. The download and the game worked just fine, but I wanted to change the version of the game so I got the Minecraft launcher. Then I had to log in into my Mojang account and I already had one, even...
  10. Microsoft says "no internet" but I have internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft says "no internet" but I have internet: This has been going on for months at this point. Whenever I log into our desk top computer, my Microsoft account says it needs attention and for me to log in. When I click on the grey notification box in the lower right corner, it takes me to the menu where I click to log in...