Windows 10: My Microsoft Account on Different Machines

Discus and support My Microsoft Account on Different Machines in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good afternoon, I have been using my One Drive to place a database for some ancestry information. I have 3 machines that I use at home and they all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkHarrison20, Jan 22, 2021.

1. My Microsoft Account on Different Machines

Good afternoon,

I have been using my One Drive to place a database for some ancestry information.

I have 3 machines that I use at home and they all log in with my Microsoft Account.

I thought I was going mad because I kept having problems with the Database Software locating the pictures.

After some investigation I found the machines each had a different User

1. Mark_

2. Mark

3. Mark Harrison

This means the path to the files is different depending on which machine I am using and effectively makes the One Drive redundant.

All the machines were setup by adding my Microsoft Account as the primary account, can you help me understand why the User is different on each machine.

Kind Regards Mark

:)

MarkHarrison20, Jan 22, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Addie Win User

My Microsoft Account on Different Machines

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

My Microsoft Account on Different Machines

1. My Microsoft Account on Different Machines - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Different

2. Moving my Activation Data to a different Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving my Activation Data to a different Microsoft Account: I have a pc activated on this Microsoft account and I want to move it to a different accountThe PC is listed here:https://account.microsoft.com/deviceshttps://account.microsoft.com/servicesIt comes with a Microsoft 365 Personal Subscription that is activated until August 2023...
  3. Moving my Activation Data to a different Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving my Activation Data to a different Microsoft Account: I have a pc activated on this Microsoft account and I want to move it to a different accountThe PC is listed here:https://account.microsoft.com/deviceshttps://account.microsoft.com/servicesIt comes with a Microsoft 365 Personal Subscription that is activated until August 2023...
  4. How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...: Hello, I am trying to help my father-in-law log on to his laptop. He said he was able to get in it before but today for some reason he was unable to log on and does not know the password to the outlook.com email that's registered on that laptop. I've tried the password reset...
  5. How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...: Hello, I am trying to help my father-in-law log on to his laptop. He said he was able to get in it before but today for some reason he was unable to log on and does not know the password to the outlook.com email that's registered on that laptop. I've tried the password reset...
  6. How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I have two product keys to same Microsoft account on two different machines

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have two product keys to same Microsoft account on two different machines: Hello,I have two product keys to same Microsoft account on two different machines one on my laptop and one on my PC, is it OK?i mean i log in with my same Microsoft account on my two different computers one windows home and one windows pro ....
  8. Showing different name on my Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Showing different name on my Microsoft Account: Hi, I’ve installed Microsoft Visual Studio on my laptop and to my surprise upon signing in, it is showing a different name Patrica Marie Jose Maderazo - a name I haven’t heard before. I tried changing it earlier but when I logged in again after 2 hrs in microsoft to verify,...
  9. Different Microsoft accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Different Microsoft accounts: The email showing up on my computer as my Microsoft account name is wrong. I changed emails and wasn't sure how to change that so I opened another Microsoft account under my new email. The wrong email still shows up under my profile on my PC and I can't buy anything from...
  10. Moving Windows to a different machine.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows to a different machine.: A question I've been curious about for a little while: I purchased a retail copy of Windows 7 not long after it first came out. With a retail license, you can install onto a different computer if your original one dies, or you decide to take in a different direction...