Windows 10: My Microsoft account was deleted and I'm still logged in.

Discus and support My Microsoft account was deleted and I'm still logged in. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I made a new account a while ago, (as I disliked the email address) but then realized I could just swich out my email, so I sent in a ticket for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by theneutralcat, Nov 15, 2019.

1. My Microsoft account was deleted and I'm still logged in.

I made a new account a while ago, (as I disliked the email address) but then realized I could just swich out my email, so I sent in a ticket for deletion.

Later, when the account came to be deleted, I went to sign in on my laptop and got the "choose an account" screen upon booting.

Then, suspisiously, the screen died and refused to come back. As one does, I restarted it as I assumed it would be fine and I could just log in again later.

Although, when I restarted the computer, it didn't ask me to sign in, it logged me in automatically... to a deleted account?

Whenever I try to change any account settings, I recieve the message "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one."

How does one fix this?

Is there a way to remove an/this account from my laptop without resetting?

I'm considering factory-resetting it but sinse I bought the laptop from amazon with windows already activated I'm afraid I'll have to buy windows again.

Also, data loss can be considered.

I'm using the latest update (November 2019), which installed before I signed in.

:)

theneutralcat, Nov 15, 2019

2. Deleting Microsoft account

Hi Gene,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. However, the prompt might be because as you have mentioned that you have not logged in to the account for long period and we would need some information regarding the issue.

1. Could you please let us know where exactly you are getting the error message?
    2. Are you using Microsoft or local account to login to Windows?
    3. If Microsoft account, may I know which Microsoft account are you using to login to Windows

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to unlink your Microsoft business account from Gmail Microsoft account (If Microsoft Business account is linked to Gmail account).

1. Log on to primary
      Microsoft account
      (Gmail).
    2. Go to Your Info > Contact Info.
    3. Click on Manage email address.
    4. Then try removing secondary account.

If you are trying to remove the account from the device, we would suggest you to refer

To close your account
    under the section
    To remove an email account
    and To remove an account used by apps and check if it helps.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Nov 15, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Deleting hotmail accounts?

Dont log into them for 90 days. Used to be jsut 30 days. If you do nto log in for a certain length of time, the account gets removed. It can be re-activated for a certain length of time afterwords.

NOte that any log-in, using MSN messenger, or even a "live account" for gaming, will be considered a real log-in. ALso, having any game keys associated with teh live account will make it not get deleted as well.

cadaveca, Nov 15, 2019
  4. My Microsoft account was deleted and I'm still logged in.

Deleting microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Are you trying to access emails using a Mail app or Office Outlook?

If you are using a Mail app, then I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Check for updates for apps from Windows Store and install if you find any.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/check-for-updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store#

Restart the computer and check. Also, check for Windows updates.

Try to run the following commands and check if it helps.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.
    • Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    If you want to delete the account, then you need to create a new account/use existing Microsoft account and then give administrator permissions to it, then delete the old account.

Or other option is switching to a local account, then when switching a Microsoft account, it will ask you for the account, then enter a different email address and password.

Follow the steps below.

Step 1

Refer the link below to create a new account and to switch to a local account.

Set up accounts:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Step 2

Follow the steps to change the account type of the new account to administrator by navigating to user accounts under control panel:

a. Press Window key + X and select Control Panel.

b. Click on User accounts.

c. Click on Manage another account.

d. Click on the new account that you have just created.

e. Click on Change account type settings.

f. Click on Change account type.

g. Click on Administrator.

h. Click on Change account type.

i. Restart the computer and log in through the new administrator account.

Step 3

To remove the account log into your old account and delete it.

• Press Window key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on User accounts.
    • Click on Manage another account and then select the user account that you want to delete.
    • Click on “delete the account”.
    • Depending on whether you want to “Keep the files” or “Delete the files” choose the appropriate option.
    • You can delete the other accounts similarly.
    Note: Once deleted, the user accounts cannot be recovered. Make sure you back up any data if required.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

My Microsoft account was deleted and I'm still logged in.

1. My Microsoft account was deleted and I'm still logged in. - Similar Threads - Microsoft account was

2. I'm not able to log to my account but I still get charged every month

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm not able to log to my account but I still get charged every month: To whom it may concern or not: I've invested way too much time trying to log in to my previous account. The system locked it, and now even though I'VE TRIED MULTIPLE TIMES TO LOG IT, it won't allow me to. I've already done everything. I even tried calling to the useless...
  3. I'm not able to log to my account but I still get charged every month

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm not able to log to my account but I still get charged every month: To whom it may concern or not: I've invested way too much time trying to log in to my previous account. The system locked it, and now even though I'VE TRIED MULTIPLE TIMES TO LOG IT, it won't allow me to. I've already done everything. I even tried calling to the useless...
  4. my microsoft account not log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my microsoft account not log in: my windows not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-account-not-log-in/95fe21ce-8c0a-42e2-bfe5-16deeeeae3c7
  5. After reset to factory setting, is my microsoft account still logged in?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After reset to factory setting, is my microsoft account still logged in?: I reset my laptop. I logged in Microsoft account which i used before with the laptop that i reset with another device, could see the one that i resetused before is still on the device list. Is this normal, if i did not deleted the device registered in my account after...
  6. After reset to factory setting, is my microsoft account still logged in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After reset to factory setting, is my microsoft account still logged in?: I reset my laptop. I logged in Microsoft account which i used before with the laptop that i reset with another device, could see the one that i resetused before is still on the device list. Is this normal, if i did not deleted the device registered in my account after...
  7. After reset to factory setting, is my microsoft account still logged in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How can I reset my Microsoft account password connected account while I'm still logged in?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I reset my Microsoft account password connected account while I'm still logged in?: Recently I reset my pin for security reasons to a different combination. When I tried it out by unlocking saved passwords on my Edge browser I failed too many times and got blocked out from further attempts at trying permutations of my possible passwords. To my unfortune and...
  9. Microsoft account deleted but need it to log into minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account deleted but need it to log into minecraft: HiMy work email was deleted as I left, however my son used the email address for minecraft, now we cannot log into his gamertag. It's there to choose but obviously the email doesn't go anywhere. Help please....
  10. I'm unable to log into my account on the microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I'm unable to log into my account on the microsoft store.: [ATTACH] I receive this error whenever attempt to sign in on to the windows store on my laptop. also if it helps when I try to log in though the settings the part where it should load my account is stuck in an infinite loading screen saying "Please wait" Please and...