Windows 10: My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, I cannot sign in and cannot...

Discus and support My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, I cannot sign in and cannot... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I tried the ACSR form but when I try it and put in the email of the account that has been hacked it says there is no account with that email associated... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by juregozdnikar, Oct 17, 2021.

1. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, I cannot sign in and cannot...

I tried the ACSR form but when I try it and put in the email of the account that has been hacked it says there is no account with that email associated with it, but that is because the hacker probably changed the email to their email. So what do I do?

:)

juregozdnikar, Oct 17, 2021
  2. Time Lady Win User

Microsoft Account: Hacker changed security email address

Can you add a new phone & then download the authenticator app to said phone & authenticate that way?

Or add a new email as backup?

Can you change the account password?

If you follow the instructions here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil... can you not add another email
    account where you can receive the code?

If you can sign in to the account check the activity & when you see the hacker’s details click on ‘This wasn’t me’ to see what options you’re offered.

If the answer is no due to security settings then only Microsoft can assist you to recover the account.

The only other option is to create a new Microsoft account using a different email address & turn on 2-step authentication immediately.

Time Lady, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Microsoft Account: Hacker changed security email address

Hi, they removed the phone number I had linked with my account. Any time I try to make any changes to the security settings, including adding 2 step authentication, I get the "Verify your account" message where it wants to send me a security code but obviously
    now this is linked to the hackers email address so I cant get any further!

Thanks

NathanRees1, Oct 17, 2021
  4. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, I cannot sign in and cannot...

Microsoft Account: Hacker changed security email address

Someone has accessed my Microsoft account recently and changed my security info (i.e. the alternate email address used to get verification codes) to theirs so I cant update any of my security details and basically have no real access to my account. I can
    reset my password using the account recovery but once I'm actually in my account I cant remove their info as I dont have access to the email address to receive the verification code. I tried to do the manual override of the security info to replace it with
    one of my email addresses but as the waiting period is 30 days, whoever has hacked my account has just cancelled it. I keep changing my password and the hacker just keeps changing it back. I've rung the support line a few times but am basically told that's
    there is nothing they can do which seems ridiculous as someone has access to my account.

Any help would be great! Feel like there must be some way to escalate this!

Thanks

NathanRees1, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, I cannot sign in and cannot...

1. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, I cannot sign in and cannot... - Similar Threads - Microsoft account was

2. My Microsoft account was hacked., changed the email address, cannot sign in to see activity...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account was hacked., changed the email address, cannot sign in to see activity...: Please help! I've attempted recovery using the recovery tool many times, but it has now locked the account. My last option is to contact Microsoft Support. The recovery tool isn't working because apparently the information I put in isn't enough for a verification. The email...
  3. My Microsoft account was hacked., changed the email address, cannot sign in to see activity...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft account was hacked., changed the email address, cannot sign in to see activity...: Please help! I've attempted recovery using the recovery tool many times, but it has now locked the account. My last option is to contact Microsoft Support. The recovery tool isn't working because apparently the information I put in isn't enough for a verification. The email...
  4. My Microsoft account was hacked., changed the email address, cannot sign in to see activity...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign...: Please help! I've attempted recovery using the recovery tool many times with no success. I then called Microsoft support, and the only thing they said i could do is keep trying to recover using the recovery tool. The support phone call was ZERO help, I informed them that I...
  6. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign...

My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign...: Please help! I've attempted recovery using the recovery tool many times with no success. I then called Microsoft support, and the only thing they said i could do is keep trying to recover using the recovery tool. The support phone call was ZERO help, I informed them that I...
  7. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, I cannot sign in and cannot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, I cannot sign in and cannot...: I tried the ACSR form but when I try it and put in the email of the account that has been hacked it says there is no account with that email associated with it, but that is because the hacker probably changed the email to their email. So what do I do?...
  8. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, I cannot sign in and cannot...

My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, I cannot sign in and cannot...: I tried the ACSR form but when I try it and put in the email of the account that has been hacked it says there is no account with that email associated with it, but that is because the hacker probably changed the email to their email. So what do I do?...
  9. hacker ? I cannot sign into my aol email account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hacker ? I cannot sign into my aol email account.: I tried to sign into my free AOL email account today and it did not allow me to, it said I needed to verify it was me and it showed a portion of my landline phone number My landline phone number is how my internet comes through to my home and computer . I have NEVER entered...
  10. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store