Windows 10: My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign...

Discus and support My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Please help! I've attempted recovery using the recovery tool many times with no success. I then called Microsoft support, and the only thing they... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BrianMozzetta1, Jul 17, 2020.

1. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign...

Please help! I've attempted recovery using the recovery tool many times with no success. I then called Microsoft support, and the only thing they said i could do is keep trying to recover using the recovery tool. The support phone call was ZERO help, I informed them that I had the hackers probably fake email address, that pops up when i attempt to sign in using my security key, they did not take the email address, nor did they seem to care about helping find and/or stopping any purchases made under my account. I checked my credit cards and found that the hacker made a purchase through the Microsoft store . I've already disputed that charge with my card institution and that process is now on-going. Please help!

:)

BrianMozzetta1, Jul 17, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign... :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Jul 17, 2020
  4. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign...

Changing a hacked email address associated with Windows 10 account

Hello - I had a email address ( *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - YAHOO ) that has been hacked. I now have a Gmail account and all of my personal accounts have been changed. The last remaining one is my Windows 10 account. I have used the form provided by Microsoft to confirm
    my account (which of course uses the hacked email account to confirm) and they have responded that they cannot confirm my ownership...yet I have no problem logging into Windows 10 - although my Office Outlook 2010 is pretty much dead in the water. I need to
    find out if there is a way to associate my Gmail account to my Microsoft account and dump the hacked sbcglobal.net one. Any good suggestions ? Hopefully I can get an answer on my Outlook.com account. Thank you in advance - Steve in Kentucky

StevenOverton, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign...

1. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign... - Similar Threads - Microsoft account was

2. Change of email address for Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change of email address for Microsoft account: Hi, I'm about to retire and that means closing down my company and its web domain and my associated email address. I want to continue to use my Windows 10 computer but with the new private domain name and email address I have recently registered.When I tried to add my new...
  3. Microsoft Account Email Address Change

Microsoft Account Email Address Change: My Microsoft Account was set up some years ago. I have changed ISP since then. The email address associated with my account uses a domain that is no longer valid. My current ISP doesn't recognize the domain and will not process email containing that domain name. I no...
  4. hacker ? I cannot sign into my aol email account.

hacker ? I cannot sign into my aol email account.: I tried to sign into my free AOL email account today and it did not allow me to, it said I needed to verify it was me and it showed a portion of my landline phone number My landline phone number is how my internet comes through to my home and computer . I have NEVER entered...
  5. Cannot change email address for user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change email address for user account: The email address no longer exists and it needs to be updated to new email address. The Manage option does not allow to change the email address associated with this user account. Someone with an authoritative solution Microsoft?, PLEASE. Why is something so simple...
  6. Changing primary email address on my Microsoft Account

Changing primary email address on my Microsoft Account: I would like to change my email address on my Microsoft account to my work email but when I try it tells me that email address is already taken. How can I change it to my work email rather than my personal gmail account? Thank you...
  7. But I Can't Sign In Microsoft Account My Email Address Is *** Email address is removed for...

But I Can't Sign In Microsoft Account My Email Address Is *** Email address is removed for...: Please Unblock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/but-i-cant-sign-in-microsoft-account-my-email/281f79fd-062a-4e5a-a4e2-88b30924bac4"
  8. can my email address be changed on my microsoft account

can my email address be changed on my microsoft account: I would like to change my email address on my Microsoft account but can't figure out how to do that. Is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-my-email-address-be-changed-on-my-microsoft/8e0cfa29-a95b-40c4-852c-8e5348e67fd3
  9. Changing my microsoft email address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing my microsoft email address: So I want to change the email address associated with my microsoft account. The only problem is I am currently using a microsoft-enabled account for windows 10. So my old email I want to change from literally has an account on this computer. My question is, when I change my...
  10. Change sign in account (new email address) ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change sign in account (new email address) ?: I have a new email address so I want my Microsoft sign in to be this email and not my old one. Does anyone know what to do and how to transfer existing purchases to this new email so that signing in to Windows 10 uses my new email as the administrator? 28259