Windows 10: my microsoft account was stolen and the email was changed

Discus and support my microsoft account was stolen and the email was changed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my microsoft account was stolen and the email was changed and the have changed the email again so i cant see what email the used for it the email i saw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steve Linn, Jul 29, 2022.

1. my microsoft account was stolen and the email was changed

my microsoft account was stolen and the email was changed and the have changed the email again so i cant see what email the used for it the email i saw them change it to was *** Email address is removed for privacy *** if you could please help recover it i would be very grateful

:)

Steve Linn, Jul 29, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 30, 2022
  3. Microsoft Account Email Change

Hi Carlo,

Do you want to replace the current account with another Microsoft Account?

I suggest you to convert the current Microsoft Account to a local account and then convert back to Microsoft account but while doing so add the new Microsoft account that you want to replace with the old.

This way you would not need to transfer all her applications, software, data, etc.

1. Convert Microsoft Account to a local account

• From the Desktop. Press the Windows key and then press the letter R.
    • This will bring up the run box.
    • Type Control Panel and click OK.
    • This will bring up the control panel and you will be able to access the user accounts from there.
    • To change to local account, do the above steps, If in category view Click on user accounts and Family safety.
    • Then click on user accounts. Click on make changes to my account in PC settings. You should be able to change to a local account.

2. Convert local account to a Microsoft Account

Step 1:
    Go to Start
    my microsoft account was stolen and the email was changed 6ec55dc1-424c-4352-b681-3d4a8342bc62.png?n=windows-10-windows-icon-20.png
    , and select
    Settings > Accounts > Your account.

Step 2:

Look to see which kind of account you used to sign in:

• A Microsoft account. If you're already signed in with a Microsoft account, your name and email address appear above your account picture.
    • A local account. If you're signed in with a local account, you'll see the words
      Local Account below your name, along with the Connect to a Microsoft account link.

Switch your local account to a Microsoft account.

Step 1:
    Go to Start
    my microsoft account was stolen and the email was changed 6ec55dc1-424c-4352-b681-3d4a8342bc62.png?n=windows-10-windows-icon-20.png
    , and select
    Settings > Accounts > Your account.

Step 2:
    Select Sign in with a Microsoft account.

You might have to verify your password.

Step 3:
    Choose one of the following:

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries on the issue above. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jul 30, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

my microsoft account was stolen and the email was changed

change microsoft account email

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If you need to change the email address associated with the user account, first you have to switch the login account to

Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account and provide the desired Email ID to that user account.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Go to All settings.

• Select Accounts.

• Sign in with Local account instead and follow the on screen instructions.

• And again change it Microsoft account provide the new Microsoft Email account.

Sign in with a Microsoft account

Sign in to your Microsoft account dashboard

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 30, 2022
Thema:

my microsoft account was stolen and the email was changed

1. my microsoft account was stolen and the email was changed - Similar Threads - microsoft account was

2. Account Stolen, Email changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Stolen, Email changed: This is my last desperate attempt to get my account back because Xbox support isn't helping, I'm on my alternate account for obvious reasons.The Issue is my account Wildgamer117's email was changed to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** which is very close to the...
  3. Account Stolen, Email changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Stolen, Email changed: This is my last desperate attempt to get my account back because Xbox support isn't helping, I'm on my alternate account for obvious reasons.The Issue is my account Wildgamer117's email was changed to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** which is very close to the...
  4. Account Stolen, Email changed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Microsoft Account Stolen, Email Changed, Cannot Recover through ACSR

Microsoft Account Stolen, Email Changed, Cannot Recover through ACSR: Hello, Microsoft Support. I recently made a rather careless mistake and found my Microsoft Account had been completely stolen. My email no longer works to sign in to my account "This email does not belong to a Microsoft Account", and the fake email that showed up in my email...
  6. my microsoft account was stolen and the email was changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my microsoft account was stolen and the email was changed: my microsoft account was stolen and the email was changed and the have changed the email again so i cant see what email the used for it the email i saw them change it to was *** Email address is removed for privacy *** if you could please help recover it i would be very...
  7. my microsoft account was stolen and the email was changed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    my microsoft account was stolen and the email was changed: my microsoft account was stolen and the email was changed and the have changed the email again so i cant see what email the used for it the email i saw them change it to was *** Email address is removed for privacy *** if you could please help recover it i would be very...
  8. My account got stolen. And the recovery email got changed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account got stolen. And the recovery email got changed.: Why is it possible that an mailnesia email is used as an recovery email. Please help me. I bought game pass. The recorvery doesnt work. Please help me.*** moved to english Communizy ***...
  9. My account got stolen. And the recovery email got changed.

My account got stolen. And the recovery email got changed.: Why is it possible that an mailnesia email is used as an recovery email. Please help me. I bought game pass. The recorvery doesnt work. Please help me.*** moved to english Communizy ***...
  10. My account got stolen. And the recovery email got changed.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security