Windows 10: My Microsoft Account won't sync anything, except favorites in Edge.

Discus and support My Microsoft Account won't sync anything, except favorites in Edge. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Dear community, This problem began when I first installed the Fall Creator's Update (1709) last year. Since then, it's been nothing but sync issues. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Skull Kid, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Skull Kid Win User

My Microsoft Account won't sync anything, except favorites in Edge.

Dear community,

This problem began when I first installed the Fall Creator's Update (1709) last year. Since then, it's been nothing but sync issues. I created a new Microsoft Account, just to try and see what happens when I try to sync passwords, theme and other things. It worked once, then nothing more.

This is getting really frustrating, because in Firefox, and Chrome, it works flawlessly. I'd prefer using Edge, as I don't like any third-party replacements/compliments for already existing software in an operating system.

So, I am basically reaching out to anyone here, who experiences the same "sync bug" in the April 2018 Update of Windows 10, as that's the version I'm running right now.

Lastly, the Microsoft Account troubleshooter doesn't work, either.

:)

Skull Kid, Nov 9, 2018

2. Microsoft Edge Favorites Not Syncing

OK. I've made some progress here. I had to uninstall edge and reinstall it as described at

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-reinstall-microsoft-edge-in-windows-10/

A few things that I had to do different...

• I changed my standard user account to an admin account before I did this. I changed it back when done.
    • I uninstalled all extensions before I did this. I reinstalled them when done.
    • Step 6: I booted into safe mode before I did this so that I could delete the Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder.

I did this to both computers. I then imported the favorites from IE11. After the computers synced then some favorites went away. I then deleted all favorites and them both Edge browsers sync between computers. I then reimported the favorites, added some
    to the favorites bar, including folders, and all has synced now.

So far so good.

Mike

Mike McCollister, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Arul_D, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. My Microsoft Account won't sync anything, except favorites in Edge. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account won't

2. Syncing Edge favorites between computers

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Edge favorites between computers: I recently did a clean install of 10 on an older deskstop that I resuscitated. Is there a secret to syncing favorites/reading list between desktop and laptop? I know forever when I would add one to my phone it would show up on my laptop, and vice versa. I have sync enabled on...
  3. Microsoft Edge Favorites are not syncing after the last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Favorites are not syncing after the last update: After the last update of my PC in October I lost my synchronized files on the other devices. I mean Favorites that are located also on the smartphone and Xbox. How can I sort it out?...
  4. Edge favorites sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge favorites sync: Edge favorites won't sync from pc to Android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/edge-favorites-sync/e2d40dc9-7ea1-4625-b43d-ea9896d023bc
  5. "Device sync settings" eats my imported Favorites in Microsoft Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    "Device sync settings" eats my imported Favorites in Microsoft Edge.: Watch my sad story here. I have only two devices linked to my MS account. The second desktop PC has Device sync settings disabled for now. Anyway, my acute spidey senses tells me that this behavior is wrong. How do I go about getting Device sync settings working?...
  6. Microsoft Edge NOT opening my Favorites.

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge NOT opening my Favorites.: I still have all of my favorites intact under %AppData%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favo rites However, opening Microsoft Edge, it just won't load these at all. How can I fix this issue? One thing I did was...
  7. Microsoft Edge Favorites Sync Unable to be turned on

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Favorites Sync Unable to be turned on: Okay, I did not see a thread for this so please do not ban me if there is one: I am having a problem with Microsoft Edge. I am trying to turn on the Sync Your Content setting in Windows 10 Pro to sync my favorites and reading list. The problem is that it has that red...
  8. Moving favorites from Edge to anything else?

in Browsers and Email
    Moving favorites from Edge to anything else?: My computer gets extremely slow. If I look at the task manager (which can take 5 minutes to load) it shows I am out of memory because Edge is taking up sever GB. Since I don't seem to be able to fix that, I want to leave Edge; but I have lots of favorites and don't want to...
  9. How to specify a different microsoft accounts for syncing with Edge?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to specify a different microsoft accounts for syncing with Edge?: I am using local account to log into my PC. Because I use different microsoft accounts for my general usage (logging in to windows 8 on my tablet) and for gaming (for use in the xbox). microsoft edge can now sync settings and bookmarks in the latest update, but it...
  10. Microsoft Account and Syncing

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account and Syncing: I have often wondered what happens when you upgrade Windows with regards to syncing settings etc. For Windows 10 I don't want to find that I am syncing settings from older versions of Windows or from Windows 10 beta. So how do I ensure that for the first install of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft account doenst synchro

2. microsoft edge favorites not syncing

3. edge wont sync favorites

4. edge favorites dont sync,
  5. microsoft account doesnt sync,
  6. account wont log in to edge