Windows 10: My Microsoft Account won't sync anything, except favorites in Edge.

Discus and support My Microsoft Account won't sync anything, except favorites in Edge. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Dear community, This problem began when I first installed the Fall Creator's Update (1709) last year. Since then, it's been nothing but sync issues. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Skull Kid, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Skull Kid Win User

My Microsoft Account won't sync anything, except favorites in Edge.

Dear community,

This problem began when I first installed the Fall Creator's Update (1709) last year. Since then, it's been nothing but sync issues. I created a new Microsoft Account, just to try and see what happens when I try to sync passwords, theme and other things. It worked once, then nothing more.

This is getting really frustrating, because in Firefox, and Chrome, it works flawlessly. I'd prefer using Edge, as I don't like any third-party replacements/compliments for already existing software in an operating system.

So, I am basically reaching out to anyone here, who experiences the same "sync bug" in the April 2018 Update of Windows 10, as that's the version I'm running right now.

Lastly, the Microsoft Account troubleshooter doesn't work, either.

:)

Skull Kid, Nov 9, 2018

2. Microsoft Edge Favorites Not Syncing

OK. I've made some progress here. I had to uninstall edge and reinstall it as described at

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-reinstall-microsoft-edge-in-windows-10/

A few things that I had to do different...

• I changed my standard user account to an admin account before I did this. I changed it back when done.
    • I uninstalled all extensions before I did this. I reinstalled them when done.
    • Step 6: I booted into safe mode before I did this so that I could delete the Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder.

I did this to both computers. I then imported the favorites from IE11. After the computers synced then some favorites went away. I then deleted all favorites and them both Edge browsers sync between computers. I then reimported the favorites, added some
    to the favorites bar, including folders, and all has synced now.

So far so good.

Mike

Mike McCollister, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Arul_D, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. My Microsoft Account won't sync anything, except favorites in Edge. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account won't

2. Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing: Hi there, All my Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing yahoo account with Hotmail account. I have checked in the users folders to no avail. I have done a search on the C:\ drive but no luck.Please advise how I can restore all my favorite files on...
  3. Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing: Hi there, All my Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing yahoo account with Hotmail account. I have checked in the users folders to no avail. I have done a search on the C:\ drive but no luck.Please advise how I can restore all my favorite files on...
  4. Favorites on Microsoft Edge have disappeared after syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sync Edge and Chrome Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync Edge and Chrome Favorites: I want to sync my favorites in Chrome and Edge. I used XMARKS to remove duplicates and sync between different browsers but cannot find an equivalent app since they went out of business. I have found some app that claim to sync just not Chrome and Edge. Any suggestions? 170911
  6. MS Edge with corporate account, favorites don't sync ...

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge with corporate account, favorites don't sync ...: Hello everyone, everything good? I believe I have tried almost everything so that my MS Edge favorites are synced using my corporate account and there is no way to make this happen ... => Personal Account: [img] => Corporate Account: [img] I'm using the latest version...
  7. edge favorites won't sync with my other devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    edge favorites won't sync with my other devices: my edge favorites will not sync with office 360 to my other devices. I get this message when try to set "Sync is not available for your account. Contact your system administrator to resolve this" I believe that my 2 "work school email accounts are causing part of the...
  8. Microsoft Edge Favorites are not syncing after the last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Favorites are not syncing after the last update: After the last update of my PC in October I lost my synchronized files on the other devices. I mean Favorites that are located also on the smartphone and Xbox. How can I sort it out?...
  9. Edge favorites sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge favorites sync: Edge favorites won't sync from pc to Android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/edge-favorites-sync/e2d40dc9-7ea1-4625-b43d-ea9896d023bc
  10. Microsoft Edge Favorites Sync Unable to be turned on

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Favorites Sync Unable to be turned on: Okay, I did not see a thread for this so please do not ban me if there is one: I am having a problem with Microsoft Edge. I am trying to turn on the Sync Your Content setting in Windows 10 Pro to sync my favorites and reading list. The problem is that it has that red...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge favorites not syncing

2. microsoft account doenst synchro

3. microsoft edge favorites not syncing

4. edge wont sync favorites,
  5. edge favorites dont sync,
  6. microsoft account doesnt sync,
  7. account wont log in to edge