Windows 10: My Microsoft adapter is just bringing the Total available Graphics Memory as 1943mb but...

Discus and support My Microsoft adapter is just bringing the Total available Graphics Memory as 1943mb but... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Microsoft adapter is just bringing the Total available Graphics Memory as 1943mb but showing nothing for dedicated video memory and system video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Femi-oladejiMakanjuola, Mar 11, 2019.

1. My Microsoft adapter is just bringing the Total available Graphics Memory as 1943mb but...

My Microsoft adapter is just bringing the Total available Graphics Memory as 1943mb but showing nothing for dedicated video memory and system video memory

:)

Femi-oladejiMakanjuola, Mar 11, 2019

2. Issues with total memory size of dedicated available RAM

Hello Gevorg,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community an we regret for the inconvenience.

From the description provided, I understand that the motherboard you are using has 4 DIMM slots which supports up to 8 GB of dedicated RAM.

To be able to understand the issue better. let us know how are you viewing the total memory size of dedicated available RAM in your PC.

Now, in one case, if you are using more than one module of RAM, and the frequencies at which they operate are not the same. There will be two outcomes:

• The modules will conflict in terms of DIMM frequencies and it will declare memory failure.
    • Instead of downclocking one or more RAM/s, the motherboard will reject the ones from being accepted.

In order to ascertain if the hardware is correctly configured, I suggest you to check the system information in the BIOS settings. Refer to the manufacturer provided manual to know more about on how to access the BIOS settings.

In another scenario, your computer may also be allocating part of your RAM to other hardware modules, such as your network hardware.

As a secondary workout, I suggest you to increase the Virtual Memory and check if it helps. Follow the steps below.

• Click Windows key + R to open the RUN command utility and type
      msconfig.exe, then press ENTER.

• Click on Boot option and select advanced options.

• Check the maximum memory box and change the value accordingly.

• Click on Apply and Ok to save changes and click Restart the computer.

Hope the above information is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Dedicated Ram and Total Available Memory and shared System Memory????help increase it.

I have a AMD System and I have come across many online posts regarding increasing the Dedicated and Total Memory.

here are my specs:

A10-9600p Quad-Core

2.4GHz Base speed Turbo to 3.4GHz

Dual Channel 6GB of RAM

Radeon R5 Graphics - 384MB Dedicated - with up to 3247Mb of total Graphics Memory - System Video Memory is 0MB - Shared System Memory 2368MB

Windows 10 64-bit

it says the same thing under advanced display adapter settings....

My Microsoft adapter is just bringing the Total available Graphics Memory as 1943mb but... 6632ca63-d782-4ded-a5f7-8fc2b7328cb3.png

I would like to find out if I an increase it to it's maximum potential,if there is available ram or memory I am not using I would like to put it to good use...

I need the RegEdit,BIOS,and other options to increase my Memory some more...

Why?

I have 6GB on Dual Channel,3247 is available and some of it is not being used....

I have a 4GB stick and a 2GB stick I know the OS needs at least 1GB of System use...

Is there a way to increase total available graphics and dedicated memory?and shared system???

and why is the system video memory at 0MB?

michaelshanks1, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Nahomeate Win User

My Microsoft adapter is just bringing the Total available Graphics Memory as 1943mb but...

intel hd graphics 620 total graphics memory decreased

Hi there! i bought hp pavilion core i5 7200U before a week, until yesterday the total graphics memory was 4178 shared system memory was a little bit lower like 4134 (am not sure the exact numbers) but now the total graphics memory reduced to 3278 and shared
    system memory 3150. can anyone tell me the reason why it decrease and the solution?

My Microsoft adapter is just bringing the Total available Graphics Memory as 1943mb but... fd4d59e2-b647-4ae7-b02a-1e9623f36e1b.png

Nahomeate, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

My Microsoft adapter is just bringing the Total available Graphics Memory as 1943mb but...

1. My Microsoft adapter is just bringing the Total available Graphics Memory as 1943mb but... - Similar Threads - Microsoft adapter bringing

2. How can i Fix my dedicated Video Memory 0mb but my Total Available Graphics memory is 4027mb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i Fix my dedicated Video Memory 0mb but my Total Available Graphics memory is 4027mb: Can u help me Fix my dedicated Video Memory 0mb but my Total Available Graphics memory is 4027mb. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-my-dedicated-video-memory-0mb-but-my/87ed7714-3381-4c79-af72-f654ad50718e
  3. How can i Fix my dedicated Video Memory 0mb but my Total Available Graphics memory is 4027mb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i Fix my dedicated Video Memory 0mb but my Total Available Graphics memory is 4027mb: Can u help me Fix my dedicated Video Memory 0mb but my Total Available Graphics memory is 4027mb. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-my-dedicated-video-memory-0mb-but-my/87ed7714-3381-4c79-af72-f654ad50718e
  4. Available physical/virtual memory half of installed/total memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Available physical/virtual memory half of installed/total memory: Hello,As you can see below my available memory is almost half of what I have installed.Whats up with that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/available-physicalvirtual-memory-half-of/e7e7d70f-cf45-4978-84c7-eabbb4a44745
  5. Available physical/virtual memory half of installed/total memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available physical/virtual memory half of installed/total memory: Hello,As you can see below my available memory is almost half of what I have installed.Whats up with that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/available-physicalvirtual-memory-half-of/e7e7d70f-cf45-4978-84c7-eabbb4a44745
  6. Available Physical Memory Low Compared to Total Physical Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available Physical Memory Low Compared to Total Physical Memory: I have read other questions similar to this one, but none really seemed to answer the part of the question I'm interested in. I have 16 GB of RAM on my laptop, but my laptop usually says I have anywhere from 5 to 7 GB available. Below I'll show my resource monitor when I have...
  7. Available Physical Memory Low Compared to Total Physical Memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Available Physical Memory Low Compared to Total Physical Memory: I have read other questions similar to this one, but none really seemed to answer the part of the question I'm interested in. I have 16 GB of RAM on my laptop, but my laptop usually says I have anywhere from 5 to 7 GB available. Below I'll show my resource monitor when I have...
  8. What is Total Available Graphics Memory and Dedicated Video Memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is Total Available Graphics Memory and Dedicated Video Memory: Can anyone explain what is the difference between these two? I have a Intel UHD 630 and it has 128MB dedicated and 2gb total available graphics memory Does that mean I can play games(say GTA V) with 2gb video memory. I have 4gb ram but will upgrade it to 8 next week I don't...
  9. Total Available Graphics Memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Total Available Graphics Memory: Hello Microsoft Teams! I'm sorry to ask a stupid question like this. But I hope anyone can help me. First I will give you my laptop specs : Lenovo V145-14AST OS : WIndows 10 64-bit Prosesscor : AMD A9-9425 3.10 GHz RAM : 4GB DDR4 Graphics : AMD RadeonTM R5 Graphics...
  10. Total available graphics memory and shared memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Total available graphics memory and shared memory: Hi, My PC has i3 8100, intel UHD 630 with 8GB RAM in display settings, total graphics memory is 4096MB, Shared memory is 4007MB. This 4007MB is detected by GTA. How to reduce this 4096MB amount to 2048MB so that no unnecessary extra memory is detected by GTA for...