Windows 10: My Microsoft Community Contact Email is Different From Microsoft Account Primary Email

Discus and support My Microsoft Community Contact Email is Different From Microsoft Account Primary Email in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a new email address, and I successfully changed it to be primary in my Microsoft Account. However, the contact email for the Community is still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeorgeFlach, Oct 3, 2019.

1. My Microsoft Community Contact Email is Different From Microsoft Account Primary Email

I have a new email address, and I successfully changed it to be primary in my Microsoft Account. However, the contact email for the Community is still my old address. I have yet to find a way to change that one to my new email address. What am I missing? Thanks so much.

:)

GeorgeFlach, Oct 3, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Oct 3, 2019
  3. crawfish Win User
    Email used to create Microsoft account permanently associated with it?

A few months ago, I decided to use another email address with my Microsoft account. I linked it, made it the primary alias, and I deleted the original email address, the one I used to create the account, I think back in the live.com days (2013, anyway). When I go to "Your Info" on the account.microsoft.com/profile web site, I see only the new email address in the "Profile" tab. I click on "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft," and it's the only Account Alias listed. Great, right?

However, back on the "Your Info" page, there is the enigmatic "Contact info" link to the right of "Profile." I click on it, and my original email address is the only email under "These email addresses are associated with your Microsoft account, including the best place to reach you, and how you sign in." In particular, the primary alias is nowhere to be found. There's no way to change it, as "Manage this email address" takes me back to "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft," where the new email address is the only Account Alias listed, as I mentioned above. When I click on "Change sign-in preferences," only my new email address is listed, it's grayed out, and the only button on the page is Cancel.

So this "Contact info" part of Microsoft is fixated on my original email address, and I can't change it. I don't know what it's used for, and I don't monitor it anymore, so it's a problem.

Any ideas?

crawfish, Oct 3, 2019
  4. My Microsoft Community Contact Email is Different From Microsoft Account Primary Email

How to add a Microsoft email account to Outlook 2016

I saw an old post describing the steps to add an msn.com email account to Microsoft Outlook. It had to be done manually selecting the first option and using blu404.m.hotmail as the server. If I try to do the same, however, I get an error message saying that the server can't be reached.

How can I add a Microsoft email account (hotmail/outlook) to desktop Outlook? I can use this email account in Outlook Live, (it shows Outlook Mail in the upper left corner of my emails), but I can't add it to Outlook 2016 from Office Professional. I was able to add an @att.net email account, but I don't know what to do for a Microsoft account.

If I try to add it without any manual steps I get an error message saying (more or less): "an encrypted email did not work, try and unencrypted email", but that does not work either. Clearly, some manual configuration is needed: please guide me along the required steps. In case it matters, my password is 8 characters long.

Karen Clayton, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

My Microsoft Community Contact Email is Different From Microsoft Account Primary Email

1. My Microsoft Community Contact Email is Different From Microsoft Account Primary Email - Similar Threads - Microsoft Community Contact

2. Different email same Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Different email same Microsoft account: I changed my email in my Microsoft account, and now i cant log in to my laptop. Cant find the option to change the user or email in the start screen before singing in. I tried the option of reseting the password in the laptop but it goes back to the old user when i have to...
  3. Different email same Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different email same Microsoft account: I changed my email in my Microsoft account, and now i cant log in to my laptop. Cant find the option to change the user or email in the start screen before singing in. I tried the option of reseting the password in the laptop but it goes back to the old user when i have to...
  4. Different email same Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. primary email account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    primary email account: Hello,I just bought a desktop from a private seller. He said he just created the email address he used to set up windows and that I could just use my own email address and remove his if I want to. He also used his cellphone # for code verifications. I would like to use my...
  6. Email from Microsoft account team

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email from Microsoft account team: Is this a legit email address.......Microsoft account team *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Email says to click on links in email to verify activity........
  7. changing my primary email on microsoft acc

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    changing my primary email on microsoft acc: question 1 Can i change from gmail to yahoo? Question 2 When it says remove similiar accs does that mean delete them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-my-primary-email-on-microsoft-acc/718b7144-7655-4603-9fc5-803061aab979
  8. Emails from Microsoft domains in different language

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Emails from Microsoft domains in different language: Hello, I setup and configured my Microsoft Family settings and receive emails from "microsoftfamily" and "accountprotection" in Vietnamese. I've checked all my location, language and time zone settings and still receive these emails in Vietnamese. Any ideas?...
  9. Changing primary email address on my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing primary email address on my Microsoft Account: I would like to change my email address on my Microsoft account to my work email but when I try it tells me that email address is already taken. How can I change it to my work email rather than my personal gmail account? Thank you...
  10. Microsoft Community Email Account Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Community Email Account Issue: Hello, I am having a problem with my Microsoft Community email account. I switched it from one email address to a different email address, and I cannot sign in to my new email address without creating a new profile, but when I sign in with my old email address, my new email...