Windows 10: my microsoft edge has a black screen with a white and red light at the top of the screen It...

Discus and support my microsoft edge has a black screen with a white and red light at the top of the screen It... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Edge has a black screen with a white and a red light at the top of the screen. It won't do anything. I can't turn it on or off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ken boettcher, Jan 25, 2021.

1. my microsoft edge has a black screen with a white and red light at the top of the screen It...

My Edge has a black screen with a white and a red light at the top of the screen. It won't do anything. I can't turn it on or off

:)

ken boettcher, Jan 25, 2021
  2. mipak Win User

No or little responce to the black/white screen after log-in

Hello,

I'm using W10 Pro 64bit v1903 and after entering my password, the screen goes to a black blank screen for about 30 seconds after which, a white screen appears with a bit of standard text on it, mostly about 'ease of access' and that's it!!

This all happened early this morning (15/6/20) so, using my laptop, I put my question on the net. A thousand and one suggestions came up on screen and I looked at quite a lot of them but they all seemed to be more concerned with the black screen rather than the white.

The first suggestion told me to use CTRL+Alt+Del but the white screen didn't accept anything so I shut the PC down by pulling the plug out ... only the other way I know ... firing up again, password and a black screen. Then I hit CTRL+Alt+Del and the screen turned red showing a little menu, one of which said 'task manager' which led to checking the registry. Needless to say, it all sounded very positive but wasn't successful.

The regedit path was HKLM/software/microsoft/win nt/current version/winlogin left click /double click on shell and check that the entry in the small window says explorer.exe (it did) then OK and close rededit.

That's about as much detail I can give you. When I attempted to restart, it just kept repeating what I've told you above.

Finally, on a couple of attempts at startup, my desktop picture flashed up on screen for a second or so.

I would be most grateful for any help to get my desktop up and running again.

Michael.

mipak, Jan 25, 2021
  3. bigian279 Win User
    N5800 won't start Black screen

thanks aspergerguy

tried your suggestion for about 45secs, but it does the same.. "I get a little vibration, the red, white and green button lights come on and stay on, along with the little white light next to the "XpressMusic" graphic. The screen also looks like its on but
    its black sort of backlit." No sign of the shaking hands or anything :-(

Have you got any other solutions.

Ian

bigian279, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Ernie San Win User

my microsoft edge has a black screen with a white and red light at the top of the screen It...

Black and white screen

Hello Benjamin,

There are a lot of possible causes why the screen of your computer turns into black/white. This may be an issue with your graphics driver, monitor (hardware) or corrupted system files. For better assistance, we'd like to ask additional information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, can you send us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we recommend using the screen filter keyboard shortcut. Press
    Windows key + Ctrl + C
    to change the color filter.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

my microsoft edge has a black screen with a white and red light at the top of the screen It...

1. my microsoft edge has a black screen with a white and red light at the top of the screen It... - Similar Threads - microsoft edge has

2. White bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White bar at the top of screen: I'm having a white bar at the top of my screen for the past three months with two monitors connected to my PC. Ctrl + Shift + Win + B doesn't help anymore. I've tested my computer's RAM and found errors, therefore replaced the RAM with a new one. After that I reinstalled OS...
  3. White bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White bar at the top of screen: I'm having a white bar at the top of my screen for the past three months with two monitors connected to my PC. Ctrl + Shift + Win + B doesn't help anymore. I've tested my computer's RAM and found errors, therefore replaced the RAM with a new one. After that I reinstalled OS...
  4. White screen at the top of my bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    White screen at the top of my bar: Hi! I was playing a game Genshin Impact using full screen, mode, and everything was going smoothly. But then I pressed something on my keyboard, and a white bar suddenly appeared at the top. I can't seem to find any way to get rid of it, and it is really irritating since it...
  5. My screen goes black, white, green, light blue not the famous death screen, red, and much...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen goes black, white, green, light blue not the famous death screen, red, and much...: I've been facing this problem recently, tried nearly every solution there is on the internet reinstalled drives, windows multiple times, I don't know if It's a hardware issue but I've tried sending it to some people to check the hardware and they said it was "fine", don't...
  6. Webcam black screen and red light dot?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webcam black screen and red light dot?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ew5378f8vtd61.png?width=3840&format=png&auto=webp&s=b6b6aa14f6e00f06608255266d1a1fbbdfd8724a There is nothing covering the webcam. I've updated my drivers and checked for updates in windows settings. What should I do? submitted by...
  7. computer screen has gone black and white

computer screen has gone black and white: I tried ctrl+winkey+ckeys screen still black and white https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-screen-has-gone-black-and-white/e4b068e8-09b4-4db0-9778-e2265659927d
  8. my screen in in black and white

my screen in in black and white: my screen in in black and white https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-in-in-black-and-white/50a9128a-25f0-4415-8c94-295add4a665d
  9. microsoft edge black screen

in Browsers and Email
    microsoft edge black screen: when i run netflix on edge it works fine until i switch to full screen when i click on full screen icon audio works fine but shows black screen amazon prime video works fine on my laptop netflix works fine but it is desktop that gives problems i am on windows 10 64 bit I5...
  10. My screen is black and white

My screen is black and white: I have lost all my colors and have tried fixing it according to help, but it is still black and white. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-black-and-white/838b3c44-91c1-4f94-a99b-a579e34e28c7