Windows 10: my microsoft news app freezes when i try to open an article.

Discus and support my microsoft news app freezes when i try to open an article. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; for the past two weeks I have been unable to open articles in the Microsoft news app. I have removed and reloaded the app and it didn't help. wonder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BettyReininger, Apr 16, 2020.

1. my microsoft news app freezes when i try to open an article.

for the past two weeks I have been unable to open articles in the Microsoft news app. I have removed and reloaded the app and it didn't help. wonder if a recent software update caused this. What can I do?

:)

BettyReininger, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. my microsoft news app freezes when i try to open an article. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 16, 2020
  3. IE11 freezes when opening new tabs quite often.

Hi Byron,

Based on your description of your concern, after fixing your Windows 10 update issue, your Internet Explorer 11 app is experiencing freezing issues when you open a new tab. In addition, a Microsoft Edge shortcut button appeared on your browser. We suggest
    that you follow the steps from the articles below to help you customize or reset your Internet Explorer settings:

Should you have further questions, feel free to post on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

my microsoft news app freezes when i try to open an article.

New Microsoft To-Do app version for Android - May 6

Source: Microsoft To-Do: List, Task & Reminder - Apps on Google Play

Brink, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

my microsoft news app freezes when i try to open an article.

1. my microsoft news app freezes when i try to open an article. - Similar Threads - microsoft news app

2. Microsoft News app suddenly began opening articles to a blank white page.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft News app suddenly began opening articles to a blank white page.: on Windows 10, I'm still using older Microsoft News app.not the updated Microsoft Start. which I didn't like.Suddenly it's not working right.News app still appears in Start Menu just as always.it launches just as always.the main page is filled with tiles of news snippets just...
  3. Microsoft News app suddenly began opening articles to a blank white page.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft News app suddenly began opening articles to a blank white page.: on Windows 10, I'm still using older Microsoft News app.not the updated Microsoft Start. which I didn't like.Suddenly it's not working right.News app still appears in Start Menu just as always.it launches just as always.the main page is filled with tiles of news snippets just...
  4. Why cannot I open some news articles?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cannot I open some news articles?: Some news articles simply don't open, and you can't read them. In general, it looks like random articles but because there is not Microsoft answer anywhere to be found, then I think it is NOT a random problem. At best, Microsoft don't know neither....
  5. Why cannot I open some news articles?

Why cannot I open some news articles?: Some news articles simply don't open, and you can't read them. In general, it looks like random articles but because there is not Microsoft answer anywhere to be found, then I think it is NOT a random problem. At best, Microsoft don't know neither....
  6. Microsoft start news articles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft start news articles: Reading an article on your site is frustrating when for no reason whatsoever the page switches to another unrelated story and you can't simply go back or find the article you were interrupted reading ever again! If it happened once or twice, fine, whatever, but you can expect...
  7. Microsoft start news articles

Microsoft start news articles: Reading an article on your site is frustrating when for no reason whatsoever the page switches to another unrelated story and you can't simply go back or find the article you were interrupted reading ever again! If it happened once or twice, fine, whatever, but you can expect...
  8. Microsoft start news articles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Forwarding news articles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Forwarding news articles: how do i send a news article by email when the draft form doesn't appear after clicking on the email Icon associated with the article? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forwarding-news-articles/03e7fe04-6304-46c6-9b15-675802319bca
  10. Microsoft News App freezing

Microsoft News App freezing: My Microsoft News on my Windows 10 desktop opens fine but when I click on one of the news articles, it just freezes. I've tried running the troubleshooter, I've tried resetting it and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it - all to no avail. I've also uninstalled and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft news freezing

2. microsoft news app freezes