Windows 10: My Microsoft Store & Microsoft Photos app won't open.

Discus and support My Microsoft Store & Microsoft Photos app won't open. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, My Microsoft Store won't open and my Microsoft Photos app won't open up on my laptop desktop. It sometimes tries to open but immediately shuts... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PatriciaWatkins1, Apr 15, 2020.

1. My Microsoft Store & Microsoft Photos app won't open.

Hello,

My Microsoft Store won't open and my Microsoft Photos app won't open up on my laptop desktop. It sometimes tries to open but immediately shuts down. How can this be fixed? Thank you. Patty

:)

PatriciaWatkins1, Apr 15, 2020

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Microsoft apps and Store won't open and won't install

Hey guys, 2/3 days ago I resetted my msi laptop, but after the reset I can't open Microsoft apps anymore, like the calculator, photos, alarms & clock, weather, Microsoft store, etc. (Microsoft edge works just fine tho)

I already tried numerous 'solutions' from these pages:
    Microsoft Store won't open in Windows 10 [COMPLETE GUIDE]

Windows 10 Apps Won’t Open: Full Guide to Fix

But I don't know anymore what to do, anyone familiar with this? Or anyone can help me out?

I attached a video in the attachted zip file

Windows version: windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.720

- - - Updated - - -

I fixed it with installing a clean version of windows.

jelmerovereem, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Angry Cub Win User

My Microsoft Store & Microsoft Photos app won't open.

Microsoft Store and other apps such as Calc and Photos won't launch after Windows' update

After an update, Microsoft Store and several other apps such as Photos and Calculator stopped working. Clicking on them would open a window's frame for a split second, then immediately disappear without any error message.

I also noticed that in the pictures' properties, at the "Open with" line, Photos had been replaced by "TWINUI".

After a quick googling it appeared the problem was related to incoherences in the apps packages, however none of the guides I followed worked for me.

Another symptom was that the app's names weren't displayed in Windows' program list, instead they were shown as follow :

My Microsoft Store & Microsoft Photos app won't open. 1EjcJ.png

There are different suggestions that I found on the Internet, but none of them are relevant in my situation :

• sfc /scannow
    • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    • In powershell : Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$.InstallLocation -like
      "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode
      -Register "$($
      .InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Downloading the migration tool from Microsoft's website and updating over the current installation
    • Running Windows' problem diagnosis tools

Angry Cub, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

My Microsoft Store & Microsoft Photos app won't open.

1. My Microsoft Store & Microsoft Photos app won't open. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Microsoft

2. Microsoft Store, Photos, and Solitaire won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store, Photos, and Solitaire won't open.: It's been a while since my Photos app got very laggy and unreasonably slow, so yesterday i decided to try to find the solution for it. I stumbled upon the thread :...
  3. Microsoft Store, Photos, and Solitaire won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store, Photos, and Solitaire won't open.: It's been a while since my Photos app got very laggy and unreasonably slow, so yesterday i decided to try to find the solution for it. I stumbled upon the thread :...
  4. Can't open videos/photos and apps such as microsoft store won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open videos/photos and apps such as microsoft store won't open.: Recently I've been trying to open some videos and photos on my pc but everytime I'd attempt to I would get an error message like thisI have watched many tutorials and read many posts about how to make it work, tried alot of solutions and other things. I've also discovered I...
  5. Can't open videos/photos and apps such as microsoft store won't open.

Can't open videos/photos and apps such as microsoft store won't open.: Recently I've been trying to open some videos and photos on my pc but everytime I'd attempt to I would get an error message like thisI have watched many tutorials and read many posts about how to make it work, tried alot of solutions and other things. I've also discovered I...
  6. Can't open videos/photos and apps such as microsoft store won't open.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microsoft Store and other microsoft apps - e.g. photos, camera Won't Open.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and other microsoft apps - e.g. photos, camera Won't Open.: Microsoft Store, Camera, Photos, and other Microsoft apps just won't open. It doesn't open and crash, it doesn't give me any error message, it just won't open. When I click on any of them, it just won't open. I've tried every "solution" in this post...
  8. Microsoft Photos App won't open

Microsoft Photos App won't open: Hallo everybody! I experienced some problem with my laptop. Every time I tried to open the Microsoft Photos App it won't open. I am aware that all my photos are safe in my computer but the use of the app was very friendly and easy to manage and I really would like to have...
  9. Microsoft Store and Apps won't open

Microsoft Store and Apps won't open: So for the past two weeks I've been trying every solution i could find with no luck including resetting windows 10 and all of my apps and programs. I just don't know what to do at this point, all help is needed and appreciated....
  10. Microsoft Store won't open and other Microsoft apps camera, photos not working

Microsoft Store won't open and other Microsoft apps camera, photos not working: Hi, I don't really know where to start because I'm already so frustrated with my problems I wanna use my laptop webcam for video call in Microsoft Teams and there's no camera detected so I tried to open Camera application but it won't open. I tried to open Microsoft Store...