Windows 10: My microsoft surface will not start...ie the screen remains black. Any suggestions.

Discus and support My microsoft surface will not start...ie the screen remains black. Any suggestions. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My microsoft surface will not start...ie the screen remains black. Any suggestions.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PamelaUT, Oct 28, 2020.

1. PamelaUT Win User

My microsoft surface will not start...ie the screen remains black. Any suggestions.

My microsoft surface will not start...ie the screen remains black. Any suggestions.

:)

PamelaUT, Oct 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 Black screen, Start screen, Critical Low Battery

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the power troubleshooter if you are able to boot into the system.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    For black screen issues click on the link below and refer the suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

1. My microsoft surface will not start...ie the screen remains black. Any suggestions. - Similar Threads - microsoft surface start

2. my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank: My computer was working fine a few days ago but I restarted it and now when I turn it on its just a black screen. It is not an issue with the cables or my monitor, I can even get my mouse to appear on the screen. I have tried to clean the ram and switch it around. I have also...
  3. my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank: My computer was working fine a few days ago but I restarted it and now when I turn it on its just a black screen. It is not an issue with the cables or my monitor, I can even get my mouse to appear on the screen. I have tried to clean the ram and switch it around. I have also...
  4. my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My pc won’t let me do anything, and has a black screen, any suggestions?

My pc won’t let me do anything, and has a black screen, any suggestions?: Wont let me open settings or any apps, restarted and unplugged multiple times, background has gone and says windows isn’t responding, can I have some help?...
  6. Any suggestions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any suggestions?: Can't accept the agreement when trying to download vscode. The I accept button doesn't seem to work. I've tried several times to re-run it and always the same result. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-suggestions/026bf5e4-9c33-436c-a812-931dd041c1a0
  7. MS Surface 6 not even starting...black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Surface 6 not even starting...black screen: Windows 10, I think version 1903. Pressing the start button does not start the Surface...nothing happens (it is fully charged.) I believe that this may be due to the computer being stopped while installing the latest update. I didn't knowingly stop it. OR, somehow a faulty...
  8. PC screen remains blank. "black"

PC screen remains blank. "black": The computer got stuck like hanged remains till half an hour, and then i press the power button to switch off and when i again it switch on the screen remains black till now. it about 2 hr of the same screen....
  9. My computer won't start in safe mode. Any suggestions?

My computer won't start in safe mode. Any suggestions?: Hello all! After being forced to run a Windows 10 update, my computer crashed. It is now stuck in a boot up loop. However, I can't start the computer in safe mode. I have tried the "power OFF 3 times" method and still nothing. Any help will be greatly appreciated....
  10. does IE ActiveX work of microsoft surface?

does IE ActiveX work of microsoft surface?: Many times before I've been trying to open files on a Microsoft Surface Pro. But each time It says I do have to turn off Protected mode to open the file and shows the name IE ActiveX Interface Marshaling Library and having to open it. Each time I dare to open it, it flunks...