Windows 10: My Microsoft Windows photo app will not accept jpgforemat photos.

Discus and support My Microsoft Windows photo app will not accept jpgforemat photos. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Photos that arrive in e-mails sometimes are formatted "jpg" When I try to save them I get a message that the photo viewer doesn't support that format.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bechap55, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Bechap55 Win User

My Microsoft Windows photo app will not accept jpgforemat photos.

Photos that arrive in e-mails sometimes are formatted "jpg" When I try to save them I get a message that the photo viewer doesn't support that format. Some of the articles I read say they are one in the same with "jpeg". I can't figure out how to fix this.

:)

Bechap55, Dec 13, 2018

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Photo App unable to sync photos

Hi,

I realize that you face difficulty with photos app. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, let us know whether you are using same Microsoft account to login to the Windows photo app on both laptop and Desktop.

If not I suggest you to use same Microsoft account to log-in both laptop and desktop.

Then sign out of the photos app and restart the system. Then login again into Windows photo app and check.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the source location within the windows photo app. Please follow below steps to change the source location.

• Type photos in search bar and press enter.

• Then click on settings (gear icon) in photos app and under
      sources section add the path where photos are saved.
    Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty with photos app.

Thank you.

Prahalad Aramanda, Dec 13, 2018
  4. My Microsoft Windows photo app will not accept jpgforemat photos.

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

My Microsoft Windows photo app will not accept jpgforemat photos.

1. My Microsoft Windows photo app will not accept jpgforemat photos. - Similar Threads - Microsoft photo app

2. Microsoft Photo Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo Apps: My computer updated to windows 11, now my microsoft photos app won't. What are the steps to getting it to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-apps/b9b34d5f-2de5-483b-81ab-21519118810e
  3. Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos: Hi all,I am working to download all of the photos in the Microsoft Photos App to an external hard drive. Last night I had pictures on the app dating back to 1999. Now the photos only date back to 2012. I am praying I havent lost 13 years of photos.I checked my recycle bin to...
  4. Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos: Hi all,I am working to download all of the photos in the Microsoft Photos App to an external hard drive. Last night I had pictures on the app dating back to 1999. Now the photos only date back to 2012. I am praying I havent lost 13 years of photos.I checked my recycle bin to...
  5. Photo microsoft app not openning photos

Photo microsoft app not openning photos: Photo app does not open any photos, but if I select modify/edit the image, then I am able to open it. What could be the solution here.thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-microsoft-app-not-openning-photos/57eeae5d-c54b-452c-8f46-1a232234d956
  6. Microsoft Photo App is not uploading my photos correctly

Microsoft Photo App is not uploading my photos correctly: Hi, I have tried to restart and repair and there is no change. It will find my pictures but uploads them with part of the pics grayed out. Additonally they no longer appear in the photo folder by date. I have tried to uninstall but that option is grayed out when I go...
  7. microsoft photos app

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft photos app: What happened to the delete files after import option in photos app.? I noticed it missing April 10, 2020. It seems pretty dumb to remove it. Did you guys hire trump to do updates or something?...
  8. Microsoft photo app

Microsoft photo app: The photo app on my desktop computer does not show the file info information for each picture anymore. It used to show the date of the picture, camera used, etc. Now when I click on file information for a picture it clicks out of the app entirely. The same app on my laptop...
  9. Microsoft Photo App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photo App: Hello, I just recently noticed that the Microsoft Photo App wasn't showing a lot of my photos. I went to Settings, Apps found the Photo app and clicked repair and it didn't do anything. I clicked it twice and with no luck. Then I clicked the reset option and it stated my...
  10. Microsoft Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photos app: I cannot figure out how to use a new Photo app. I mean the program that has replaced Picture Manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-app/9a6adda9-d373-4f0c-88cd-9c9abdab45d4"