Windows 10: My mid range gaming laptop slows down SIGNIFICANTLY, EVERY TIME there is a new update...

Discus and support My mid range gaming laptop slows down SIGNIFICANTLY, EVERY TIME there is a new update... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had nothing but performance issue after performance issue with windows 10. Add to that the fact that windows 8 was forced off the market by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chasehill8.1, Mar 4, 2020.

1. My mid range gaming laptop slows down SIGNIFICANTLY, EVERY TIME there is a new update...

I have had nothing but performance issue after performance issue with windows 10. Add to that the fact that windows 8 was forced off the market by microsoft, when that is the most stable modernized system I can install on my machine easily 10,000x more stable than windows 10, and microsoft has pushed me away from its products!

Every single time, without fail, when there is an update available, my system slows to a crawl. Games that shouldn't be lagging start lagging. Videos lag. Even typing becomes slower! GIVE ME A STABLE SYSTEM THAT WONT SLOW DOWN FOR NO REASON AT ALL!!!!! I HAVE LITERALLY DONE EVERYTHING IN THE FREAKING BOOKS TO FIX THIS, AND NOTHING HAS WORKED!!!!

Oh, and another thing: RETURN MY OWNERSHIP OF PROGRAM FILES ****! I'M TIRED OF TRYING TO DELETE UNWANTED, NON-CRITICAL PROGRAM FOLDERS ONLY FOR IT TO SAY ACCESS DENIED BY TRUSTED INSTALLER!!!!!! I AM NOT SOME TECHNOLOGICALLY CHALLENGED ****, I GREW UP WITH THIS ****! I know full well what files are essential, and what files are not. Files in a program folder that I installed ARE NOT ESSENTIAL FILES! WANT ME OFF YOUR BACK MICROSOFT? RETURN MY ACCESS AND REMOVE THE BLOAT!

Oh, just for your reference, a Speccy screenshot so you guys KNOW my machine's performance level and can't blame it on my machine:

My mid range gaming laptop slows down SIGNIFICANTLY, EVERY TIME there is a new update... 8d331913-be99-4330-9e3a-98afbf1dba4d?upload=true.png

Task manager never reflects real world performance. It seems like when an update is available, twice as many resources are taken up twice as fast as when it is freshly updated, or even just a day before!

GIVE US BACK WINDOWS 8.1 YOU SCAM ARTISTS! I KNOW IT'S JUST A FEW LINES OF CODE YOU BASTARDS SLIPPED IN THERE TO BLOCK NEWER HARDWARE FROM SYSTEM UPDATES! I PAID MY $100 FOR WINDOWS 8.1! GIVE IT BACK AND STOP DEFENDING SUCH A FLAWED SYSTEM LIKE YOU DID WITH WINDOWS 95! Windows 10 is no longer user friendly, it is user hostile! There are loopholes upon loopholes that one must jump through just to regain administrator privileges, let alone file ownership! If you keep up these shenanigans, I will take my business to Linux! All it will take is one final straw before you have permanently lost a consumer and gained so much negative publicity, you will not be able to support windows 10 any longer! I'm already an advocate against Windows 10, don't make me a sworn enemy of it.

When that final straw comes, expect to lose a lot of users. I will be installing linux on my machine, and offering Linux installation as a free service to all windows 10 users in my area. Consider yourselves warned, Board of Directors of Microsoft, Inc.

Sent with my dragged to the ground Lenovo Legion y520 running the infamous Windows 10 with mozilla firefox NO, it is not my browser dragging my machine down!

:)

chasehill8.1, Mar 4, 2020
  2. THE_EGG Win User

New gaming laptop or mid-range gaming desktop

Ok so the easy answer to the title without any questions asked is - desktop. HOWEVER I'll be going to Washington for 5-6 months for a semester abroad studying (first half of 2015) and I'm trying to decide whether it is better to sell my G53 (which can play BF4 on low-med settings) and buying a new gaming laptop OR save up some cash and build a mid-range gaming desktop in the US and buy parts from newegg, microcentre tigerdirect etc while I'm over there. And then once I've finished my semester abroad, sell the parts a week or two before leaving on eBay or something.

I'm thinking convenience wise laptop is better but it in just about all other areas the desktop wins.

I will be taking a small convertible/hybrid laptop for uni as well.

Thoughts/Opinions?

THE_EGG, Mar 4, 2020
  3. WizardFIN Win User
    BSOD Mid R6S game

I got the bluescreen mid r6s game and it appears to have been caused by ntkrnlmp.exe.

I would appreciate if somebody would give me some suggestions on how to fix this.

Attachment 208818

WizardFIN, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

My mid range gaming laptop slows down SIGNIFICANTLY, EVERY TIME there is a new update...

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

My mid range gaming laptop slows down SIGNIFICANTLY, EVERY TIME there is a new update...

1. My mid range gaming laptop slows down SIGNIFICANTLY, EVERY TIME there is a new update... - Similar Threads - mid range gaming

2. How come every time I unplug my gaming laptop from the charger it gets significantly slower...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How come every time I unplug my gaming laptop from the charger it gets significantly slower...: I have a Dell G15 5520. I plug in the charger 24/7 so it doesn't run out of battery and because it's more smooth and more normal when I play games or just search things up. When I first got it, it wasn't like this and it was normal and smooth until a few days later when I...
  3. How come every time I unplug my gaming laptop from the charger it gets significantly slower...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How come every time I unplug my gaming laptop from the charger it gets significantly slower...: I have a Dell G15 5520. I plug in the charger 24/7 so it doesn't run out of battery and because it's more smooth and more normal when I play games or just search things up. When I first got it, it wasn't like this and it was normal and smooth until a few days later when I...
  4. every time I plug in my wireless headphones Bluetooth adapter my laptop slows down and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    every time I plug in my wireless headphones Bluetooth adapter my laptop slows down and...: i have had this headset for 1 year they are the hyper x cloud stingers and every time I plug the bluetooth adapter into my laptop the entire system slows down and does not play sound and go back to normal until I unplug them I have tried them on other laptops and it was fine...
  5. every time I plug in my wireless headphones Bluetooth adapter my laptop slows down and...

every time I plug in my wireless headphones Bluetooth adapter my laptop slows down and...: i have had this headset for 1 year they are the hyper x cloud stingers and every time I plug the bluetooth adapter into my laptop the entire system slows down and does not play sound and go back to normal until I unplug them I have tried them on other laptops and it was fine...
  6. Laptop slow down significantly begining 2021

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop slow down significantly begining 2021: Hi,Begining of 2021 my laptop started to slow down significantly.Then has normal, I've started checking viruses... run SFscan, Dism....Wouldn't change anything, neither find anything. Being fed up of spending time on it! I gave it to a professional, who reboot everything to...
  7. Slow down time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow down time?: hello. i want to slow my windows time by 1/2 or something like that, this code had to work but using System; using System.Threading; namespace ConsoleApp3 { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { string strCmdText; Console.WriteLine("Set hour"); int hour =...
  8. Laptop significantly slows down while charging/plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop significantly slows down while charging/plugged in: TL;DR is at the end of the post Hello everyone. My current laptop is an HP 15-r218nv. I know this isn't the best laptop for gaming, but it gets the job done. I have bought it 3 years ago and it has worked great throughout all this time. Last year, the laptop began to...
  9. Windows Update Slowed Down My Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Slowed Down My Laptop: Hello, It was going all well, My laptop was running games good, but the new update notifications were bothering me so I updated it. After that update, my PC has became quite slow! I used to get 60 frames before update now I hardly get 5 fps! Wth. Fortnite is unplayable...
  10. Encoding Videos slowed down significantly after Creators Fall update

Encoding Videos slowed down significantly after Creators Fall update: I often do video re-encoding for 4K Videos to reduce their ridiculous sizes that can reach up to 30 GBs for 90 minutes . Usually it took 24 hours to convert a 1 hour 4K movie to H265 2K (I7 CPU + NVIDIA Acceleration) , I know is too much but still , I have seen worse...