Windows 10: My MIDI Device Akai MPK Mini 3 powers up but doesn't recognize in Windows 10 -- HELP!!

Discus and support My MIDI Device Akai MPK Mini 3 powers up but doesn't recognize in Windows 10 -- HELP!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a new HP Laptop - 15t-dy200 that I just hooked up my new Akai MPK Mini 3 to. I plugged in the Akai MPK Mini 3 to my new laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rikaer, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Rikaer Win User

My MIDI Device Akai MPK Mini 3 powers up but doesn't recognize in Windows 10 -- HELP!!

Hello,

I have a new HP Laptop - 15t-dy200 that I just hooked up my new Akai MPK Mini 3 to.

I plugged in the Akai MPK Mini 3 to my new laptop, followed the installation correctly, but the MIDI isn't working. I already installed it on my PC rig, but it does nothing.

The MPK3 shows up on the Dev Manager, in the sound, video, and game controllers - it doesn't show up in the Software Devices though. I tried uninstalled and reinstalling multiple times. I even reset and reinstalled Windows 10.

How do I get the MIDI to work on my laptop. The only other place I can see it is in the Bluetooth and other devices, but I can't do anything with it.

Below is from my PCL the MPK mini 3 [0] and [1] don't show up on my laptop. All I get is Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth in any of my programs I try to add the MIDI with.

My MIDI Device Akai MPK Mini 3 powers up but doesn't recognize in Windows 10 -- HELP!! 1586085f-d666-4067-8088-c6488f99c5d5?upload=true.png

Please help so I can make music!

:)

Rikaer, Dec 23, 2020
  2. Wavetek Win User

Windows driver issue with Akai MPK49 Midi controller - Code 28

Hi,

I'm trying to get my Akai MPK49 midi controller working with Windows 10. The controller was working on my system around 6 months ago but for some reason, it's no longer being recognized correctly by Windows.

The device is class compliant, so it should work with drivers that Windows 10 already has and does not require 3rd party drivers.

When I go to the device manager, instead of appearing under Sound, video and game controllers, it appears under Other devices with a (!) symbol next to it. Here's a screenshot:

My MIDI Device Akai MPK Mini 3 powers up but doesn't recognize in Windows 10 -- HELP!! [​IMG]

When I go to the Properties I see this:

My MIDI Device Akai MPK Mini 3 powers up but doesn't recognize in Windows 10 -- HELP!! [​IMG]

I've been in contact with the manufacturer of the device and they've helped me troubleshoot the issue as best they can, but it seems as if this is a Windows problem and not at all a problem with the device. I have tested the device with another computer running Windows 10 and it works perfectly. You can read the thread here to see some of the things I've already tried: Akai MPK49 not working anymore on Windows 10 / FL Studio

Any ideas?

I've put about 8 hours into trying to fix this *Sad The last resort is reformatting and reinstalling Windows, and I really don't want to do that.

Thanks!
    Aaron

Wavetek, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Midi Keyboard not working

I have an akai lpk25 midi keyboard and until recently it worked fine on windows 10 Pro. Now without reason no response from it in FL Studio 11 or Ableton live 9. Windows is fully updated, both DAWs recognize the device being there and it also appears correctly
    in the device manager.

Not a hardware problem as using all the same but with a win 7, Ubuntu, and Win 10 Pro from January of this year, (without current updates obviously), everything works fine, so I believe that an update somewhere along the line has fubard the midi controllers.

Note that with current updates akai's own editor will not recognize the device, the only semi fix that i have found is uninstalling the drivers windows provides, restarting and plugging it in with a DAW running give a momentary amount of response, (seconds),
    but then back to nothing

RickySantospt, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Gio Black Win User

My MIDI Device Akai MPK Mini 3 powers up but doesn't recognize in Windows 10 -- HELP!!

MIDI Devices not recognized in Win 10

I have multiple MIDI devices that are not recognized by Windows 10. Which driver do I need to replace to fix this?

Gio Black, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

1. My MIDI Device Akai MPK Mini 3 powers up but doesn't recognize in Windows 10 -- HELP!! - Similar Threads - MIDI Device Akai

2. Windows doesn't recognize my mobil device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't recognize my mobil device: My Windows 11 PC does not show neither my phone nor tablet. It is not because of cable or device or driver. I have checked on Device Manager. For tablet it didn't show any problem but windows somehow able to find download and install te driver which is very surprising. Still...
  3. Mpk mini 3 is not compatible with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mpk mini 3 is not compatible with Windows 10: My son tried to installed his MPK mini 3 on his new computer and it is not working at all. It shows that he is ok with the bluetooth but still not working at all. He bought this expensive computer for his music and this is a disaster. Is there a solution to this?...
  4. Windows device manager not recognizing my midi controller Akai MPK249

Windows device manager not recognizing my midi controller Akai MPK249: I just purchased a midi controller, Akai MPK249. When I plug it into my laptop the device manager does not recognize it under sound, video, game controllers. I right click on it to "scan for hardware changes" and it does not recognize it. I uninstalled usb drivers and...
  5. My computer windows 10 wont recognize midi keyboards.

My computer windows 10 wont recognize midi keyboards.: Hi, my computer is not recognizing my midi keyboard ' i have a minilabmkii ' arturia and my computer iss an hp intelcore i7 11th gen ' 32 GB ram ' when i plug in my midi controller the computer recognizes it but it won´t send a signal to any of the applications. i have...
  6. Windows isn't recognizing my usb midi device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows isn't recognizing my usb midi device: When I connect my Keystation Pro 88 I get "usb device not recognized... May have malfunctioned" and in device manager it shows up as "unknown usb device: device descriptor request failed." It is natively supported and doesn't require a proprietary driver, but I did try...
  7. Mpk Midi Not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mpk Midi Not working: I recently bought the MPK Mini Mk2 but its driver seems to be out of date. I checked in device manager and there is a yellow exclamation point next to it what should i do? Im on Windows 10 submitted by /u/flint77021 [link] [comments]...
  8. USB sound/midi device not recognized

USB sound/midi device not recognized: I have a Technics PR804 keyboard attached to my Windows 10 laptop through USB. I've installed the drivers that came with my keyboard by entering compatibility mode to Windows ME, but the device manager won't recognize the hardware when it's turned on and plugged into my...
  9. Windows 10 is Not Recognizing my Midi Interface

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is Not Recognizing my Midi Interface: I am using a Yamaha P-35 keyboard and a Tascam US-122L Audio/Midi interface. All of the audio I/O's are functional but Windows 10 will not recognize the midi input. The Tascam has its own ASIO driver but, I have since installed ASIO4ALL_2_14. Still I have no MIDI. I also...
  10. Windows driver issue with Akai MPK49 Midi controller - Code 28

Windows driver issue with Akai MPK49 Midi controller - Code 28: Hi, I'm trying to get my Akai MPK49 midi controller working with Windows 10. The controller was working on my system around 6 months ago but for some reason, it's no longer being recognized correctly by Windows. The device is class compliant, so it should work with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. akai mkp isnt recognized bu windows

2. windpws 10 mpk mini