Windows 10: My Minecraft Windows 10 can't download due to it being blocked.

Discus and support My Minecraft Windows 10 can't download due to it being blocked. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So, I was playing Minecraft, as I do, and all of a sudden a new update comes out 1.16.100. My friend and I share the same Microsoft account, and he... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Smaulman, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Smaulman Win User

My Minecraft Windows 10 can't download due to it being blocked.

So, I was playing Minecraft, as I do, and all of a sudden a new update comes out 1.16.100. My friend and I share the same Microsoft account, and he managed to update it on his PC. However, when I tried to update it, it said that it was already updated, but it turns out it didn't. So, I tried uninstalling the app and it uninstalled. But when I tried to reinstall it, it blocked me from reinstalling it. If I press install on my devices and select my own PC, an error message pops up. I searched the internet for ways to solve it like turning off my antivirus, doing wsreset.exe, but nothing worked. Before this, everything worked fine and I was able to update the game. I also have auto-update turned on. Is there a problem with my Microsoft Store? I tried this on 2 different PCs and it still did not work. Thanks! My Minecraft Windows 10 can't download due to it being blocked. 68caad0a-4b35-4717-9ac0-f2ed5a1a0cb8?upload=true.png My Minecraft Windows 10 can't download due to it being blocked. 4256cda7-19e6-4832-95a2-a8cade204152?upload=true.png My Minecraft Windows 10 can't download due to it being blocked. af9d38a0-a962-4362-8b5e-6a3911fdb30c?upload=true.jpg

:)

Smaulman, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

Windows 10 - Minecraft Download Issue

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with downloading Minecraft application.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Are you trying to install Minecraft application from Windows Store?
    • Do you get any error message?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Corrupt Windows Store cache.

2. Conflict between third party applications.

If you are facing this issue while downloading Minecraft from Windows Store, I suggest you to try these steps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to reset Windows Store Cache and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys to open run box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and hit
      Enter.
    Method 2:

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to disable Antivirus software/ Firewall and check if it helps.

Warning:

1) Please make sure to re-enable Antivirus software after performing troubleshooting steps.

2) Antivirus software/ Firewall can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable or uninstall your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable or uninstall
    it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled or uninstalled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Can’t download minecraft

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft on your PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the version of Minecraft you are installing? (Java/Windows 10)
    • Do you get any error message?

If you are installing Minecraft Windows 10 version,
    then we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install Minecraft.

Step 1:
    Reset the Windows Store Cache

Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2:
    Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Select the Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3:
    Reset Microsoft Store

Refer the steps in this article: Reset Microsoft Store via Settings.

Step 4: New user account

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 20, 2020
  4. My Minecraft Windows 10 can't download due to it being blocked.

Minecraft game is not available in windows 10 Tablet

Hi John,

I realize that you are facing difficulty in downloading Minecraft game in tablet. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, let us know

• What is the make and made of the tablet?
    • Which version of Minecraft you are trying to download?
    • Which build of Windows 10 is installed in the tablet?
    • Are you using the same Microsoft account to check the game on the pc?

This issue might be due to windows update. So, is suggest you update the windows (including all the pending windows updates).

I also suggest you to run windows store app troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps to run windows store app troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and press
      enter
    • Click on view all from the left panel and select
      Windows store apps
      troubleshooter.
    • Click on advanced and select run as administrator.
    • Then click on next.

Please get back to us with necessary information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prahalad Aramanda, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

My Minecraft Windows 10 can't download due to it being blocked.

1. My Minecraft Windows 10 can't download due to it being blocked. - Similar Threads - Minecraft can't download

2. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  3. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  4. Can't Download Minecraft for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Download Minecraft for Windows 10: I bought Minecraft for Windows 10 on the Minecraft website, but it won't show up in my Microsoft Store. I didn't buy it while logged in, so that may be the issue. I tried refreshing my store even followed instructions to clear cache but nothing worked. It still shows that I...
  5. Can't Download Minecraft for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Download Minecraft for Windows 10: I bought Minecraft for Windows 10 on the Minecraft website, but it won't show up in my Microsoft Store. I didn't buy it while logged in, so that may be the issue. I tried refreshing my store even followed instructions to clear cache but nothing worked. It still shows that I...
  6. My Download is being blocked as a Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Download is being blocked as a Virus: I want to download this file that i'm fully aware of it's being false scanned for viruses and i'm having trouble trying to access this file because the download is getting blocked and its very frustrating. So how do i download files with "viruses."[Original Title:...
  7. Glasswire download is being blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Glasswire download is being blocked: I can install virtually all software from any company and some even from Microsoft. Software I have used for a long time when trying to install updates I frequently get a message for instance: "Glasswire Setup was blocked because it could harm your computer" If I certify it...
  8. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads Being Blocked: I have recently found that everything that I download gets blocked. Not jist sketchy files that my firewall might block but everything. And I’ve tried everything that I can think of to try and disable download blockers/firewalls. I was able to downlaod sruff before but now I...
  9. Why are my downloads being blocked?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my downloads being blocked?: I have a software program that alerts me to updates to all the various programs I have installed on my computer. Today 12/17 I got a notice that I have 5 updates. All the updates are for programs that I have installed on my computer. When I click on any of them to...
  10. Can't download Minecraft for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download Minecraft for windows 10: I own minecraft for windows 10 on another computer but when I tried to download it on my new computer it said i did not own the game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-minecraft-for-windows-10/0b3fe2b0-4174-4a65-862f-fb8f0b8f339b