Windows 10: My mini desktop PC will turn off and sign me out at random times when I am using it

Discus and support My mini desktop PC will turn off and sign me out at random times when I am using it in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The PC will seem to turn off at random. When I sign back in my tabs are all still open, It seems to just be going to sleep for no reason. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kathy Loven, Jul 9, 2024.

1. My mini desktop PC will turn off and sign me out at random times when I am using it

The PC will seem to turn off at random. When I sign back in my tabs are all still open, It seems to just be going to sleep for no reason. I tried to look for the Minidump folder but It was not in C:\Windows

:)

Kathy Loven, Jul 9, 2024

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 9, 2024
  3. Replacing a desktop with a mini

You can easily find many complaints about the 9600 and 9700 CPUs running hot.

Not so for the 9500, but maybe you don't want to step down to that. Or maybe you can't find it in a mini.

Are you the type who would get quite nervous if your temps were, say, constantly in the 60s or 70s under a typical load? A lot of people are, even though these critters don't throttle till up around 100 the last I heard. Failure is so random that I personally can't get too nervous over temps. Your opinion may differ.

I'd assume the 9700T has fewer heat complaints, but I haven't really kept up as I won't be upgrading till 10 nanometers arrives in the mainstream desktop, which might still be a year or more away.

As usual, it's all a trade-off between heat, anxiety over heat, and performance and we all are at different points on that bell curve.

I'm personally antsy over minis, but that's because I like more roomy cases and upgrade internal components from time to time. If I never opened a case and simply replaced the whole thing every few years, I might well go mini, heat be damned. Or even a small cube-ish case.

Can't help you on graphics specific issues. I've been perfectly happy with built-in graphics on a 6600K (Intel integrated 630 series).

Intel has a 10000 series of CPUs out, but I'm not sure if any have yet trickled down to minis.

Good luck.

ignatzatsonic, Jul 9, 2024
  4. jonahst10 Win User

My mini desktop PC will turn off and sign me out at random times when I am using it

Windows 10 desktop turning itself on at random times

First post so let me know if you guys need more info.

I have a gaming computer I built ~3 years ago, upgraded from 7 to 10 when it was free, and I shut it down whenever I'm not using it. For the last six months or so it's powered itself on at random times of the day (and night), with no clear indication in Event Viewer as to why. I have a local backup configured to run once a week on Sunday afternoon, and virus scans say the computer is clean. It's gotten to the point where I can look over at it at any point in the day and it will be on.

Because of the way I need it set up, I recently (more recently than this problem has been occurring) set my computer up to stay awake for 3 hours after inactivity, so having it turn itself on and stay on for no reason is messing with my power bill. Any suggestions as to what may be causing it? Some weird Windows update policy or such?

I'll be back at my computer later today and can look for specific Event Viewer events then. Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated.

jonahst10, Jul 9, 2024
Thema:

My mini desktop PC will turn off and sign me out at random times when I am using it

1. My mini desktop PC will turn off and sign me out at random times when I am using it - Similar Threads - mini desktop turn

2. My mini desktop PC will turn off and sign me out at random times when I am using it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mini desktop PC will turn off and sign me out at random times when I am using it: The PC will seem to turn off at random. When I sign back in my tabs are all still open, It seems to just be going to sleep for no reason. I tried to look for the Minidump folder but It was not in C:\Windows...
  3. Pc keeps randomly turning off then back on when in use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps randomly turning off then back on when in use: Built my new pc a while ago and it was all fine at first but then for some reason it while I was using it it started to randomly turn off and back on...
  4. Signing out of my desktop randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Signing out of my desktop randomly: My PC keeps randomly signing me out. I have to log back in to windows and everything i had open prior to it signing me out is closed. Three chrome windows, notepad, games. It happens randomly. Sometimes after a few seconds sometimes after a few hours. It's not idle, it will...
  5. Turning my computer off signs me out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning my computer off signs me out: Just recently, whenever I turn my computer on and off, all my accounts are logged out, and it says I need to resign in or else I run this risk of losing anything I do. Its the same login I'd been using for the past few months, and only recently started this issue....
  6. Turning my computer off signs me out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning my computer off signs me out: Just recently, whenever I turn my computer on and off, all my accounts are logged out, and it says I need to resign in or else I run this risk of losing anything I do. Its the same login I'd been using for the past few months, and only recently started this issue....
  7. Turning my computer off signs me out

8. my desktop pc turns off randomly at night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my desktop pc turns off randomly at night: when i leave my pc at night to mine eth it randomly shuts down but pc fans and gpu fans are still running and pc lights are onwhen i check even viewer its all errors of "this pc didnt shut down properly at this time" everything is updated and i have reinstalled windows and my...
  9. my desktop pc turns off randomly at night

my desktop pc turns off randomly at night: when i leave my pc at night to mine eth it randomly shuts down but pc fans and gpu fans are still running and pc lights are onwhen i check even viewer its all errors of "this pc didnt shut down properly at this time" everything is updated and i have reinstalled windows and my...
  10. my desktop pc turns off randomly at night

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging