Windows 10: My mobile number used by someone phishing, sending to one of my contacts - what can I do?

Discus and support My mobile number used by someone phishing, sending to one of my contacts - what can I do? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi folks, Last night I'd signed in to Skype, not used it before & I noticed a name/series of characters in a side menu, which I thought was odd but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TimHawkinsFF, Mar 18, 2020.

1. My mobile number used by someone phishing, sending to one of my contacts - what can I do?

Hi folks,

Last night I'd signed in to Skype, not used it before & I noticed a name/series of characters in a side menu, which I thought was odd but as one of my contacts has received two phishing emails from my number this afternoon I'm now thinking that this is related to the security issue.

I have been in touch with O2 as service provider, but the best they can tell me is that someone will look into this & get back to me within the next ten days.

I have scores & scores of contacts & am really concerned that they too may receive phishing texts & links purporting to be from me - I'm very worried about this!

Has anyone else had this experience &/or can anyone advise please on what I should do?!

:)

TimHawkinsFF, Mar 18, 2020
  2. raghuraju Win User

Can't send SMS to contact's work number

I have imported contacts from blackberry and most of my contact numbers are saved under work section.

i am unable to send any sms to contacts whose number is listed under work. I can send SMS to only contacts listed under mobile.

I do not want to manually set all my contacts from work to mobile one by one. Is there any solution?

Thanks

RR

raghuraju, Mar 18, 2020
  3. n4blue Win User
    Which mobile number is used for sending SMS?

If I have a contact with multiple mobile numbers from different profiles (e.g. Facebook, Windows Live), how do I know which one is used when I send them an SMS?

I have a contact whose details are correct on Windows Live, but he has an old number still listed on Facebook. I've just sent him an SMS but the phone didn't ask me which number to use and I can't see which one it did use.

n4blue, Mar 18, 2020
  4. My mobile number used by someone phishing, sending to one of my contacts - what can I do?

How do I send a text message to a contact's "mobile2" number?

Yes, it is an issue. See
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wptext/sms-with-two-number-listed-in-contact/6eb86cac-9c8c-45ff-ae71-7dc0245719a7

Unless someone else has found a different way, all I do is copy the mobile2 number and go to messaging and add a new text message and paste the mobile2 number. So, suggest putting in as a feature request.

Chris Trabing, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

My mobile number used by someone phishing, sending to one of my contacts - what can I do?

1. My mobile number used by someone phishing, sending to one of my contacts - what can I do? - Similar Threads - mobile number used

2. My Microsoft mobile number OTP is not sending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft mobile number OTP is not sending: The Microsoft mobile number is not accepting the code sending please activate my mobile number 9626 please accept https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-mobile-number-otp-is-not-sending/5d9fe57c-e4b0-47c3-b887-d5693e5759e9
  3. My Microsoft mobile number OTP is not sending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft mobile number OTP is not sending: The Microsoft mobile number is not accepting the code sending please activate my mobile number 9626 please accept https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-mobile-number-otp-is-not-sending/5d9fe57c-e4b0-47c3-b887-d5693e5759e9
  4. Someone is sending me emails with my email address. What can I do to stop this from happening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone is sending me emails with my email address. What can I do to stop this from happening?: Someone is sending me emails with my email address. What can I do to stop this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-is-sending-me-emails-with-my-email-address/237ffe82-a985-4c66-a724-bb67dec23e46
  5. Someone is sending me emails with my email address. What can I do to stop this from happening?

Someone is sending me emails with my email address. What can I do to stop this from happening?: Someone is sending me emails with my email address. What can I do to stop this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-is-sending-me-emails-with-my-email-address/237ffe82-a985-4c66-a724-bb67dec23e46
  6. Someone is sending me emails with my email address. What can I do to stop this from happening?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Can someone provide me with a phone number to contact Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone provide me with a phone number to contact Microsoft?: I keep going around in circles trying to access my account. "Authenticator isn't working and "reset Password isn't working How can I speak to someone to resolve this issue?...
  8. Can someone provide me with a phone number to contact Microsoft?

Can someone provide me with a phone number to contact Microsoft?: I keep going around in circles trying to access my account. "Authenticator isn't working and "reset Password isn't working How can I speak to someone to resolve this issue?...
  9. What can someone do with my device ID?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What can someone do with my device ID?: My friends are telling me not to leak out my device id, so i'm assuming its not going to be good if someone gets it. What can people do once they get my device ID? submitted by /u/123fury321 [link] [comments]...
  10. Outlook has a virus and is constantly sending virus messages to my contacts, what do I do

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook has a virus and is constantly sending virus messages to my contacts, what do I do: I wanted to know how I can remove a virus from my outlook as its sending irus message to people and I am also recieving inbox with the same issue....