Windows 10: My mobile number used by someone phishing, sending to one of my contacts - what can I do?

Discus and support My mobile number used by someone phishing, sending to one of my contacts - what can I do? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi folks, Last night I'd signed in to Skype, not used it before & I noticed a name/series of characters in a side menu, which I thought was odd but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TimHawkinsFF, Mar 18, 2020.

1. My mobile number used by someone phishing, sending to one of my contacts - what can I do?

Hi folks,

Last night I'd signed in to Skype, not used it before & I noticed a name/series of characters in a side menu, which I thought was odd but as one of my contacts has received two phishing emails from my number this afternoon I'm now thinking that this is related to the security issue.

I have been in touch with O2 as service provider, but the best they can tell me is that someone will look into this & get back to me within the next ten days.

I have scores & scores of contacts & am really concerned that they too may receive phishing texts & links purporting to be from me - I'm very worried about this!

Has anyone else had this experience &/or can anyone advise please on what I should do?!

:)

TimHawkinsFF, Mar 18, 2020
  2. raghuraju Win User

Can't send SMS to contact's work number

I have imported contacts from blackberry and most of my contact numbers are saved under work section.

i am unable to send any sms to contacts whose number is listed under work. I can send SMS to only contacts listed under mobile.

I do not want to manually set all my contacts from work to mobile one by one. Is there any solution?

Thanks

RR

raghuraju, Mar 18, 2020
  3. n4blue Win User
    Which mobile number is used for sending SMS?

If I have a contact with multiple mobile numbers from different profiles (e.g. Facebook, Windows Live), how do I know which one is used when I send them an SMS?

I have a contact whose details are correct on Windows Live, but he has an old number still listed on Facebook. I've just sent him an SMS but the phone didn't ask me which number to use and I can't see which one it did use.

n4blue, Mar 18, 2020
  4. My mobile number used by someone phishing, sending to one of my contacts - what can I do?

How do I send a text message to a contact's "mobile2" number?

Yes, it is an issue. See
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wptext/sms-with-two-number-listed-in-contact/6eb86cac-9c8c-45ff-ae71-7dc0245719a7

Unless someone else has found a different way, all I do is copy the mobile2 number and go to messaging and add a new text message and paste the mobile2 number. So, suggest putting in as a feature request.

Chris Trabing, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

My mobile number used by someone phishing, sending to one of my contacts - what can I do?

1. My mobile number used by someone phishing, sending to one of my contacts - what can I do? - Similar Threads - mobile number used

2. HOW CAN I CHANGE MY REGISTERED MOBILE NUMBER IN MICROSOFT ACCOUNT?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW CAN I CHANGE MY REGISTERED MOBILE NUMBER IN MICROSOFT ACCOUNT?: HEY GUYS AS YOU ALL KNOW THIS IS OP_ARITRA FROM THIS SIDE........... I AM FACING SOME PROBLEM THAT I WANT TO CHANGE MY REGISTERED MOBILE NUMBER IN MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT................. PLEASE GUYS HELP MEEE....
  3. Someone is using my Email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone is using my Email: Hi ,I unable to receive some Emails,As someone was using my Email address to send scam Emails eg British Gas.How can i start to receive all Emails Thank you. [Original Title: Emails]...
  4. How can i change my mobile number for Microsoft account.

How can i change my mobile number for Microsoft account.: I want to change my mobile number as the current number is not my personal number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-mobile-number-for-microsoft/75ee7294-a5d0-4934-b67d-d4d2769e0534"
  5. How can I telll if someone is using my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I telll if someone is using my computer: I do not have a locked internet core. Also How do I set a security code on my computer? Can I do myself or shall I contact Xfinity? Thank you. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. How do I add my new phone mobile number into Windows

How do I add my new phone mobile number into Windows: How do I add my new phone mobile number into Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-my-new-phone-mobile-number-into/37c121eb-f5c1-4e7e-9d90-fe736acf155a"
  7. Outlook has a virus and is constantly sending virus messages to my contacts, what do I do

Outlook has a virus and is constantly sending virus messages to my contacts, what do I do: I wanted to know how I can remove a virus from my outlook as its sending irus message to people and I am also recieving inbox with the same issue....
  8. I can not use my keyboard and what is a domain?

I can not use my keyboard and what is a domain?: I can't use my keyboard from my laptop anymore. It is blocked complete. I have to use the screen keyboard . What can be wrong ? I have an Acer Aspire with Windows 8.1 and I have to be a part off a domain. What does it mean? I have also a lot shared dll's. Please help...
  9. How do I check to see if someone is using my bandwidth?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I check to see if someone is using my bandwidth?: Every night around 11 P.M. the internet connection speed is either drastically reduced or web pages won't even load. I am supposed to have a 15Mbps and at these times it drops down to 5 or none at all. The service provider has come out and changed the modem and all the...
  10. What is my Build Number?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is my Build Number?: What is a quick and easy way to find what build number I am currently running? That info does not show in System Properties. 38740