Windows 10: my modem speed high but download and upload speed very slow

Discus and support my modem speed high but download and upload speed very slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have connected my computer directly to the modem and the download speed runs between 9.56 to 12.23. My upload from 4.45 to 11.7. My modem speed is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wilhelmina Brewer, Oct 21, 2020.

1. my modem speed high but download and upload speed very slow

I have connected my computer directly to the modem and the download speed runs between 9.56 to 12.23. My upload from 4.45 to 11.7. My modem speed is over 200 mbps. I had spectrum come out twice and they check the modem speed and it is running 200 plus. I have checked all drivers on my system and they are all updated. I can't figure this out. I need help. I am at a loss to what to look at now I am running windows 10. Can someone help me. Thanks

:)

Wilhelmina Brewer, Oct 21, 2020

2. Slow upload speed

I have a cable service which is supposed to provide download speed of 300 Mbps and upload speed of 20 Mbps. My PC is connected to the service providers modem via an ethernet cable. I recently had a problem with both speeds being ultra low. A technician
    visited and traced the problem to a broken copper wire tip on the input cable to the modem. He cut the end off the cable and crimped a new connector on. He ran some tests presumably to check that no other faults existed, reconnected the cable to the modem
    and both speeds ran within the correct ranges.

The next day I decided to run a speed test and the download speed was fine but the upload speed was very low (down to 1.9 Mbps).

being curious I disconnected the infeed cable to the modem and checked the new connection. Everything looked fine so i reconnected the cable and ran another speed test. Both speeds were back up where they should be.

The next day I ran another speed test and the upload speed was low again. This time disconnecting and reconnecting the input cable to the modem did not resolve the problem.

Sorry for being so long winded here but my technical knowledge is rather limited and I prefer not to play with things I do not understand, but my question, "should I be concerned about the slow upload speed?" It does not appear to be causing any great problem
    but the technician who visited did indicate that a slow upload speed could cause other problems with the modem, such as it automatically rebooting itself. This has occurred twice since the slow upload speed came back.

Other than going back to the service provider and waiting until they can send another technician out, is there anything I can do myself to resolve the problem?

mumbogumbo, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Oct 21, 2020
  4. my modem speed high but download and upload speed very slow

Slow downloading speed

Hi Manthan,

Regarding your download speed issue, we found a suggestion given by Eeshwar Kumar on our Community page. You can check this link on the suggestion he provided:

Why is Windows Store's download speed so slow?

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

my modem speed high but download and upload speed very slow

1. my modem speed high but download and upload speed very slow - Similar Threads - modem speed high

2. Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed: Good morning Support Community,Having an odd problem that I haven't found a solution for online so am going to post.I recently upgraded my internet to 5 Gb Fiber connection.When I run speed tests I'm getting ~950 Mb/s Download and 2355 Mb/s Upload on my 2.5 Gb/s Ethernet...
  3. Fast upload speed but very slow download speed on a single device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast upload speed but very slow download speed on a single device: For the past two days the download speed on my desktop wired connection has totally tanked. My upload speed has taken a slowdown as well, but not nearly to the degree of the download. Every other device I use has perfectly fine internet speed. I've unplugged the Ethernet...
  4. Fast upload speed but very slow download speed on a single device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast upload speed but very slow download speed on a single device: For the past two days the download speed on my desktop wired connection has totally tanked. My upload speed has taken a slowdown as well, but not nearly to the degree of the download. Every other device I use has perfectly fine internet speed. I've unplugged the Ethernet...
  5. Fast upload speed but very slow download speed on a single device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Low download speed , high upload speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low download speed , high upload speed: Hello guys , I recently started having this issue where my download speed will drop around 1 to 3 mbps , whilst my upload speed would keep its average flow of around 90 mbps , like a week ago everything was fine , but suddenly my download speed , from around 80 90 mbps won't...
  7. Low download speed , high upload speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low download speed , high upload speed: Hello guys , I recently started having this issue where my download speed will drop around 1 to 3 mbps , whilst my upload speed would keep its average flow of around 90 mbps , like a week ago everything was fine , but suddenly my download speed , from around 80 90 mbps won't...
  8. Low download speed , high upload speed

9. Very slow upload speeds

Very slow upload speeds: I get around 250-300 Mbps download, but only .02-.05 Mbps upload. I know it's not an issue with my internet or router because i get 30-40Mbps on other devices. The issue persists across both wifi and Ethernet....
  10. Very slow upload speed

Very slow upload speed: Hi, I've been dealing with this issue for the last 6 days. It is extremely weird and at this point I'm about to give up. Randomly my internet started having issues so I checked the ookla speedtest, which said my download speed is great about 40Mbps, but my upload speed...