Windows 10: My monitor black screens when gaming but I still hear audio

Discus and support My monitor black screens when gaming but I still hear audio in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello every time I open certain games my pc would black screen and this issue started 3/19/2023 so a few days back from now but when i black screen i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zach sanson, Mar 21, 2023.

1. My monitor black screens when gaming but I still hear audio

Hello every time I open certain games my pc would black screen and this issue started 3/19/2023 so a few days back from now but when i black screen i can still hear some audio from the game and from my friends on discord for a while and so then i was forced to manually restart but it happens again and again and if it helps my system is CPU AMD ryzen 5 3600GPU GTX 1660 superRam 16 GB i forgot the brandmotherboard Gigabyte b450m my only source for the error message is in the event viewer where its thisLog Name: Security Source: Microsoft-Windows-Eventlog Date: 3/20/2023 11:

:)

zach sanson, Mar 21, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 21, 2023
  3. How To Change Monitor Audio To Motherboard Audio

Hi Saurav,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Do you want to use your external speakers for the audio instead of the monitor speakers?
    2. Are you hearing the audio both from your external speakers and the monitor speakers?

Meanwhile, you may try the below steps to change the playback device and check if this helps.

1. Select on the Start button > Type Sound in the search box > Select
      Sound from the list of results.
    2. Go to Playback tab > Select your Sound System Device that you want to hear the audio from > Then click on
      Set Default.
    3. Restart the computer once and check if this helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 21, 2023
  4. patrickB Win User

My monitor black screens when gaming but I still hear audio

Computer with dual monitor setup showing black screen on game launch

Just purchased two Dell U2715H 27" monitors the other day and a Dell XPS8900 tower.

intel Core i7
    16GB Ram
    NVidia GTX 960

I am having an issue where when I launch two steam games I run into a crash. The games i'm trying to run are "Pure Pool" and "Pool Nation FX". Both games sometimes run without any issues, but occasionally when the game has ended the screen which I was gaming on will turn completely black, not even backlit, just black.

Also when I launch the games sometimes the monitor in which the game is running will be completely black, not even backlit, but i'll still be able to hear the sound.

What is really odd is that when I close the program such as the pool game, the black screen will still remain. (please note I can still use task manager on my other monitor).

Also, sometimes when I finish playing either game I won't get any black screen, but when I come to restart my computer one of my monitors will be black, not even backlit as before.

I can run DOTA 2 without any issues at all. This PC and monitors are both new purchased this week.

patrickB, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

My monitor black screens when gaming but I still hear audio

1. My monitor black screens when gaming but I still hear audio - Similar Threads - monitor black screens

2. My screen turns black randomly and i can hear audio still

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen turns black randomly and i can hear audio still: This keeps happening to me, sometimes after 10 minutes or sometimes after a few days. I have no clue why it is happening but it sometimes happens when gaming and sometimes when just doing nothing. Sometimes the screen will also come back or go white too....
  3. My screen turns black randomly and i can hear audio still

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen turns black randomly and i can hear audio still: This keeps happening to me, sometimes after 10 minutes or sometimes after a few days. I have no clue why it is happening but it sometimes happens when gaming and sometimes when just doing nothing. Sometimes the screen will also come back or go white too....
  4. My screen turns black randomly and i can hear audio still

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My screen keeps going black while gaming but i can still hear audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen keeps going black while gaming but i can still hear audio: started about a week ago, where the screen will go black whilst gaming at random interavals but i can still hear audio. sometimes itll restart on its own and sometimes i will have to restart the computer from the on/off button. i have monitored CPU and GPU temps, GPU core...
  6. My screen keeps going black while gaming but i can still hear audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen keeps going black while gaming but i can still hear audio: started about a week ago, where the screen will go black whilst gaming at random interavals but i can still hear audio. sometimes itll restart on its own and sometimes i will have to restart the computer from the on/off button. i have monitored CPU and GPU temps, GPU core...
  7. My screen keeps going black while gaming but i can still hear audio

8. My monitor black screens when gaming but I still hear audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor black screens when gaming but I still hear audio: Hello every time I open certain games my pc would black screen and this issue started 3/19/2023 so a few days back from now but when i black screen i can still hear some audio from the game and from my friends on discord for a while and so then i was forced to manually...
  9. My monitor black screens when gaming but I still hear audio

My monitor black screens when gaming but I still hear audio: Hello every time I open certain games my pc would black screen and this issue started 3/19/2023 so a few days back from now but when i black screen i can still hear some audio from the game and from my friends on discord for a while and so then i was forced to manually...
  10. Screen turns black while in game can still hear audio, have to reset pc to see again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen turns black while in game can still hear audio, have to reset pc to see again: Hello I recently have begun to have these issues since 8/29/21It started with this error while I was playing a game. My screen went black but I could still hear my friends in discord and the game audio.I waited a while to see if just the game simply crashed but my monitor...