Windows 10: My monitor goes black

Discus and support My monitor goes black in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have two monitors and my primary monitor (144Hz) goes into black screen at random times but my secondary monitor (60Hz) never does. I have AMD PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by William40, Aug 7, 2020.

1. William40 Win User

My monitor goes black

Hi

I have two monitors and my primary monitor (144Hz) goes into black screen at random times but my secondary monitor (60Hz) never does. I have AMD PC with x570 motherboard and CPU 3800x , 5700 GPU. I have radeon driver updated to last version. Is there any solution to this ? I am ready to try anything.

Thanks

:)

William40, Aug 7, 2020
  2. anaron Win User

Primary monitor randomly goes black

Got a monitor issue. Looked at other posts about this issue be could not find anything addressing my issue. Over the past few months, my primary monitor randomly (no pattern to the issue) goes black but the led shows it to still be working. Secondary monitor is working. Only way to get the primary back is to reboot the computer. I tried reversing the DVI-D cable but no luck, primary still goes black. Regardless of which monitor is set to primary, that is the monitor that goes black. The monitor set as secondary never goes black. Any ideas?

anaron, Aug 7, 2020
  3. DocRocks Win User
    Monitor goes black

My external monitor loses connection with my laptop 3-4 times per week. First it goes to blue screen with no connection message, then it goes black. Sometimes the image returns in 1-3 minutes, often never without ctl-alt-del then signing in to my account.
    Is this a computer video problem or possible virus?

DocRocks, Aug 7, 2020
  4. My monitor goes black

Primary Monitor goes black

I posted this same exact question in January. I was able to get it resolved by performing an In-Place upgrade, as suggested. That worked, until about a week ago. Now I am having the same exact issue again. I tried
    doing an In-Place upgrade again, and it did not resolve the issue this time. I also confirmed that my NVIDIA drivers are up to date as well (I installed them yesterday).

I have 2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 graphics cards in SLI and 2 monitors (a Dell connected via DVI and a Samsung connected via a DVI->HDMI -> HDMI mini) About a month ago after the Windows Feature Pack update, I started having issues with my monitors. When
    only one is plugged in they work fine, so I know there isn't an issue with the cables. When I plug in the 2nd monitor, it works, but the primary screen goes black. If I open any programs, the still open on the primary screen and I have to use Windows + <Left
    or Right> to move it from the primary monitor to the secondary monitor. If I open the display settings, and switch which monitor is marked as primary, it disconnects both monitors, then brings them both back on, and both display properly. But the primary
    goes black again when my computer goes to sleep or is restarted. I have confirmed installed the latest NVIDIA driver this afternoon, and I still have this issue. I have tried the following:

- changing which ports/graphics cards each monitor is plugged into

- confirmed the Dell monitor's drivers are up to date (the Samsung is a generic PnP)

- uninstalled the Display Adapters completely (it switched to using the default windows driver, but still didn't work)

- unplugged the computer and the monitors for 5 minutes then reconnected them

- scanned my computer for corrupt files using sfc /scannow

Any help you be greatly appreciated, as it is very annoying to have to guess that I'm logging in, and then switch my main display every time I want to use my computer.

Cody Taylor (tcjohn), Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

My monitor goes black

1. My monitor goes black - Similar Threads - monitor goes black

2. My screen goes black on all monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen goes black on all monitors: HiI have 1 tv and 2 monitors for my7 desktop and when ever I am playing a game can be any game, but all of my monitors plus tv goes black for a couple of seconds then my screen is back but depending on the game it crashes, I have checked if my drivers is up to date anbd they...
  3. My screen goes black on all monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen goes black on all monitors: HiI have 1 tv and 2 monitors for my7 desktop and when ever I am playing a game can be any game, but all of my monitors plus tv goes black for a couple of seconds then my screen is back but depending on the game it crashes, I have checked if my drivers is up to date anbd they...
  4. My monitor goes black then changes to Analog??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor goes black then changes to Analog??: Syncmaster s22b300 is the monitor model. It seems that when a certain pattern of collors appear my monitor goes black, mostly while playing something, for example in a minecraft world i'm playing, the same spot will turn off the monitor, any ideas on how to help? my pc config...
  5. My monitor goes black then changes to Analog??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor goes black then changes to Analog??: Syncmaster s22b300 is the monitor model. It seems that when a certain pattern of collors appear my monitor goes black, mostly while playing something, for example in a minecraft world i'm playing, the same spot will turn off the monitor, any ideas on how to help? my pc config...
  6. Monitor Goes Black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Goes Black: Hey, My current setup is an Acer Laptop with windows 10 connected to an acer monitor and an OLD Lenovo MonitorMy laptop to Acer Monitor works perfect. However, my old Lenovo monitor screen is black and immediately goes into power saving mode when connected to my laptopI...
  7. My monitor goes black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My monitor goes black: Hi I have two monitors and my primary monitor (144Hz) goes into black screen at random times but my secondary monitor (60Hz) never does. I have AMD PC with x570 motherboard and CPU 3800x , 5700 GPU. I have radeon driver updated to last version. Is there any solution to this...
  8. Primary monitor randomly goes black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Primary monitor randomly goes black: Got a monitor issue. Looked at other posts about this issue be could not find anything addressing my issue. Over the past few months, my primary monitor randomly (no pattern to the issue) goes black but the led shows it to still be working. Secondary monitor is working. Only...
  9. Monitor goes black

Monitor goes black: My external monitor loses connection with my laptop 3-4 times per week. First it goes to blue screen with no connection message, then it goes black. Sometimes the image returns in 1-3 minutes, often never without ctl-alt-del then signing in to my account. Is this a computer...
  10. Primary Monitor goes black

Primary Monitor goes black: I posted this same exact question in January. I was able to get it resolved by performing an In-Place upgrade, as suggested. That worked, until about a week ago. Now I am having the same exact issue again. I tried doing an In-Place upgrade again, and it did not resolve...