Windows 10: My monitor goes blank for a few seconds and then comes back on it slowly gets worse . I am...

Discus and support My monitor goes blank for a few seconds and then comes back on it slowly gets worse . I am... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since the last windows 10 update, my monitor goes blank black for a few seconds and then comes on again. It continues to do this whatever I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PeterLynch2, Mar 18, 2020.

1. My monitor goes blank for a few seconds and then comes back on it slowly gets worse . I am...

Since the last windows 10 update, my monitor goes blank black for a few seconds and then comes on again. It continues to do this whatever I have tried. Contacted Microsoft/windows and they looked into my unit but didn't see my screen going blank. Not at all happy with them. Have had the problem previously and have overcome the problem. I even paid for it to be solved, but the next windows update brought the problem back.

:)

PeterLynch2, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Juntao Win User

monitor goes blank

hey, i have a samsung 22"ws and an 850xt. 1 gig of ram and an old xp3200. Every time I watch a movie in powerdvd or media player i can get some of the way through it and then the monitor goes blank and it acts like the cable is not even hooked up. After that I have to reset. Atitool temps are fine throughout on vid card and mobo temps are good as well. I was just wondering if anyone may have a suggestion at to what it may be. Thanks.

Juntao, Mar 18, 2020
  3. DaveHD Win User
    Second Monitor is Blank after Windows 10

My setup is a Dell Inspiron 2350 with HDMI to second Monitor, a Dell P2815Q. After upgrading to Windows 10 and updating all drivers and Bios, my second monitor is blank. The system recognizes the second monitor and on very rare occasions, my second monitor
    will work, but within a minute, it begins to derez, flicker and go black. I've tried new cable, different refresh rates, and screen resolutions with no luck. Any suggestions? There is no alternate video output rom the Inspiron to try. Thanks for any suggestions.

DaveHD, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

My monitor goes blank for a few seconds and then comes back on it slowly gets worse . I am...

Monitor goes blank for a couple of seconds

Hello John,

It is possible that the driver for your display adapter was updated when you received a Windows update. To assist you with your concern, let's perform these troubleshooting steps to isolate the issue:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter to fix common hardware issue:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot in the results.
    • Under Find and fix other problems highlight
      Hardware and Devices then click
      Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: If the issue still persists, try to uninstall the driver and reboot the computer to reinstall it. Here's how to uninstall your display adapter driver.

• Right click on the Windows/Start button and choose Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right-click the driver and click Uninstall.
    • Reboot computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jay Jap, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

My monitor goes blank for a few seconds and then comes back on it slowly gets worse . I am...

1. My monitor goes blank for a few seconds and then comes back on it slowly gets worse . I am... - Similar Threads - monitor goes blank

2. monitor goes black for a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor goes black for a few seconds.: So I have two monitors. The second one always gets detected as no1 when plugged in. It doesnt matter if its HDMI or DP.The main monitor set to 2 in the control panel is a viewsonic HDR monitor. HDMI 2.1 and Dp1.4a.This happens only in 1 game. during normal use this has never...
  3. monitor goes black for a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor goes black for a few seconds.: So I have two monitors. The second one always gets detected as no1 when plugged in. It doesnt matter if its HDMI or DP.The main monitor set to 2 in the control panel is a viewsonic HDR monitor. HDMI 2.1 and Dp1.4a.This happens only in 1 game. during normal use this has never...
  4. Black screen and comes back after few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen and comes back after few seconds: Hello,It started happening today. What I already tried?Enter in safe mode, uninstall all NVIDIA drivers and make a clean install of the latest version 466.77 I was running either 466.47 or 466.63.sfc /scannowdism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthWhen I was installing the...
  5. At random, screen would go blank for a few seconds then come back.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    At random, screen would go blank for a few seconds then come back.: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 1809 x64 AMD Ryzen 5 2400G @3.8GHz MSI B450M PRO-M2 V2 MicroATX/current BIOS 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4-3200 Radeon Vega 11 Graphics/current drivers Dell SE2717H 1080p 1920x1080 @60Hz using HDMI At random, screen would go blank for a few seconds...
  6. My screen goes all black for few seconds and it comes back to normal, very randomly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My screen goes all black for few seconds and it comes back to normal, very randomly.: Hi, In my friend's PC: The screen goes black for few seconds and it goes back to normal, in a very random way. This is his build: i5 9600k, Z390 Aorus Pro, 2x8 GSkill 3200 and no GPU (uhd 630). He tried stress test, a different GPU (rx580), a different PSU, different...
  7. Monitor goes dark for a few seconds

Monitor goes dark for a few seconds: Bought this desktop recently, not even 2 weeks ago and this monitor was bought about 1 month and a week ago, so they are both quite fresh equipments Desktop: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Hexa Core ASROCK Phantom RX 580 8GB ASUS EX-A320M-GAMING 8GB 2x4 RAM CL16 Ballistix 2400 Mhz...
  8. Dual Monitors : Second monitor won't come back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dual Monitors : Second monitor won't come back on: I am running Windows 10 in a dual monitor setup. Main monitor (LG) is connected with DisplayPort cable and is at it's naitive 4k resolution, second monitor (ASUS) is connected via HDMI at also at it's native resolution 2560x1440. Both monitors go to sleep properly...
  9. Display goes black suddenly, then comes back on in a few minutes

Display goes black suddenly, then comes back on in a few minutes: I've been searching for a few months for a solution to this. I just bought this HP Pavilion and new HP monitor in November, 2018, four months ago. It started about a month after I bought it. Suddenly, the display goes black. The computer and monitor are still ON, but the...
  10. Screen goes black for a few seconds and comes back randomly Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes black for a few seconds and comes back randomly Windows 10: Hi, This just started happening after the Windows 10 anniversary upgrade recently. The screen goes black at random times for 2 seconds or so and comes back and it is quite annoying at times. My PC: Lenovo c260 CPU: J2900 Ram: 4 GB Graphics: Intel HD 1. Tried...