Windows 10: My monitor going black when playing

Discus and support My monitor going black when playing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having issues with playing almost all my games. Whenever I load into the game, if the graphics are too high then my monitor would go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MazenZaki1, Sep 3, 2020.

1. My monitor going black when playing

Hello, I've been having issues with playing almost all my games. Whenever I load into the game, if the graphics are too high then my monitor would go black. After that, sometimes not always, my computer would produce a loud noise, this is caused by a fan going very fast, I'm not sure what to do and I can't play anything properly.

:)

MazenZaki1, Sep 3, 2020

2. Monitors go black!!!!!!

Hi Matt,

· Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to check if there is any failed or pending Windows updates, refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Go to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Update and Security’.

2. Under ‘Windows Update’ click on ‘Advanced Option’.

3. Click on ‘View your update history’.

4. Check whether any updates are failed, if any try to install the updates and check.

I suggest you to perform system restore as below and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to perform a System restore to gain back access to all your documents, pictures, mails, etc.

Steps:-

• Press “Windows key + R” Keys to open Run window.
    • On run command type “rstrui.exe” (without double code) and press
      OK.
    • Select the restore point and follow the onscreen instruction.

System Restore Disclaimer: When you use System Restore to restore the computer to a previous state, programs and updates that you installed are removed.

To contact Microsoft refer to the below link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Monitors go black!!!!!!

Hi,

I can understand that must make you feel upset and we will work toward fixing this situation for you.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa in the link below and check again.

Click Here

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 3, 2020
  4. My monitor going black when playing

Monitors go black when switching or pressing Windows Key...

Only recently, my monitors went black when pressing windows key when playing a game or if i switch to my 2nd monitor both monitors go Black once i click on the other monitor it's happened since i installed Geforce Nvidia if you have any ideas for a way to
    fix this then pls help me.

Thank You!

BeauRemington1, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

My monitor going black when playing

1. My monitor going black when playing - Similar Threads - monitor going black

2. How to fix monitors going black when playing games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix monitors going black when playing games?: I've been having a issue everytime I load a game both of my monitors go black and I can only access the game, for example if I'm watching something the sound continues to play in the background but I cannot see it unless I alt+tab but then when I press on the game it goes...
  3. How to fix monitors going black when playing games?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix monitors going black when playing games?: I've been having a issue everytime I load a game both of my monitors go black and I can only access the game, for example if I'm watching something the sound continues to play in the background but I cannot see it unless I alt+tab but then when I press on the game it goes...
  4. When I connect my two monitors, they both go black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I connect my two monitors, they both go black.: I just bought a Sceptre monitor and while trying to set it up with my laptop, I made the Sceptre the main screen. Once I made it the main screen, both monitors went black. What do I need to do to fix this?...
  5. When I connect my two monitors, they both go black.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I connect my two monitors, they both go black.: I just bought a Sceptre monitor and while trying to set it up with my laptop, I made the Sceptre the main screen. Once I made it the main screen, both monitors went black. What do I need to do to fix this?...
  6. When I connect my two monitors, they both go black.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. screen going black when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen going black when playing games: screen keeps going black playing games roblox,minecraft,valorant ive asked this before an d got no help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-going-black-when-playing-games/2d1976c0-7fe0-45ba-8a8b-8911f2df4db8
  8. External monitor going black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor going black: I have a laptop with a damaged screen, so I started using a flat screen TV as a monitor connected with an HDMI cable. I actually have 2 different Dynex flat screens. Both used to work fine. Now one the larger, newer one will display for a short period then go black. The...
  9. Both of my monitors go black when playing ROBLOX.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Both of my monitors go black when playing ROBLOX.: I was playing a game called ROBLOX and both of my monitors went black and when they turned back on Roblox said it wasn't responding and I had to open task manager to close it....
  10. Both monitors go black when I plug in HDMI monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Both monitors go black when I plug in HDMI monitor.: So I normally have two monitors, an HDMI as my main display and a VGA for my secondary display. I have an Intel i5 6500 CPU 3.2 gHz, 8 gb ram. Today when I came home from dinner my pc would not show a display when I moved the mouse or pressed the keyboard. I either left...