Windows 10: my monitor is 1440p but it wont allow me to run it in 1440pm pls help

Discus and support my monitor is 1440p but it wont allow me to run it in 1440pm pls help in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my monior is a Samsung 144hz 1440p gaming monitor but ive booted my pc up and it wont allow me to change the resolutiuon to 1440p even if it was before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CalebHarris3, Sep 14, 2019.

1. my monitor is 1440p but it wont allow me to run it in 1440pm pls help

my monior is a Samsung 144hz 1440p gaming monitor but ive booted my pc up and it wont allow me to change the resolutiuon to 1440p even if it was before I powered out when I go into the windows control panel for display it wont let me change to any other exept form 1280x1024 and a few others that are worse resolution can some one please explane why this is happening (pc i9 16gb 3200 240 aio aorus master)don't have a gpu oinstaled because it hasn't come yet).

:)

CalebHarris3, Sep 14, 2019

2. Horrible font rendering with Samsung 1440P monitor.

I can post up pics if you want, but in most apps the fonts look horrible. I even tried reinstalling windows 10 completely!! Still bad.

My (hopefully) temporary workaround, at least for Explorer, was to change the system font to Consolas. Renders better.

Samsung says it is not the monitor because when I boot into Linux or when I tried running MacType it looked fine. It seems to be the method or hinting and aliasing Windows 10 uses in conjunction with this monitor.

Help? S24H850QFN is the monitor. There is no driver for it. Uses default Windows driver.

Note, I owned an Asus monitor that was 1440P that I had to dispose of because of an issue with a capacitor. I though "any 1440P monitor should work" and Samsung has a decent reputation. There were no issues with font rendering on the Asus.

MichaelJessop, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Looking at 1440p suggestions

Hi all, I'm looking to upgrade my monitor and would like suggestions. My current screen is a Samsung PLS 60 Hz 24" monitor, I would like a 1440p screen with more then 60hz, around 24 - 27 inches, non TN Panel and no more then 5ms. My budget is around 200-450 CAN at most, I'm not expecting to cover all my needs in this range but 75hz freesync should be doable.

Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated *Smile my monitor is 1440p but it wont allow me to run it in 1440pm pls help :)

AlienIsGOD, Sep 14, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

my monitor is 1440p but it wont allow me to run it in 1440pm pls help

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

my monitor is 1440p but it wont allow me to run it in 1440pm pls help

1. my monitor is 1440p but it wont allow me to run it in 1440pm pls help - Similar Threads - monitor 1440p wont

2. pls help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pls help me: "Windows 7 too outdated please install kb4534310" after getting this error i tried installing this and got another error, "Installer encountered an error: 0x800b0109" please help me solve this...
  3. pls help me with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pls help me with...: this thing always show since avira prime delete a system32 because it think the file have a virus and then it terminates the file but I cannot do anything about it pls help...
  4. Pls help me!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pls help me!: I have a Chuwi Herobook Pro!It has windows 11 homeToday I tryid to get windows 11 22H2 and after some hours I did fail!I checked youtube!I watched what is sayd o tryd that but is also soIt says:"Windows 11, version 22H2 is availabile.""We couldn't install this update,but you...
  5. PLS HELP ME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLS HELP ME: Hello, I also have a problem with my windows since I installed it on my laptop, I had problems with the constant printing problems and I actually can't stand it anymore and I want to go back to windows 10 because I had much higher expectations and I also have WINDOWS 11 PRO...
  6. PLS HELP ME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PLS HELP ME: Hello, I also have a problem with my windows since I installed it on my laptop, I had problems with the constant printing problems and I actually can't stand it anymore and I want to go back to windows 10 because I had much higher expectations and I also have WINDOWS 11 PRO...
  7. pls help me :

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pls help me :: My c drive is getting filled because of apps and features everytime I restart my pc. I only have 2 gb of apps when I checked. Pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pls-help-me/2da51dd5-52bd-439c-aa76-8305de5da8e0
  8. Pls help me

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pls help me: I installed bios few days ago. And now my pc taking forever to check for updates can bios affect windows OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pls-help-me/7f9759ff-04d4-408c-a6c0-8adf4d6c2c48
  9. Help me pls

Help me pls: I have an error or somthing i don't know, there is an icon on my desktop and when i delete it a window pop ups and said "Item not found" like the picture below but the icon was still there, how can i delete this annoying icon[ATTACH]...
  10. Help me pls !!!!!!!

Help me pls !!!!!!!: I got noticed that my local disk C is full, and then i check all the apps in my local disk C and its only 80GB , and then i check to setting and go to storage and there is 120 GB Temporary files. Can u help me how to delete those files. Ps : I have this problem after i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1440p monitor wont let me change to 1440p

2. windows wont allow 1440p