Windows 10: My monitor is 240hz but my monitor is stuck at 1hz and it reset my resolution and it is...

Discus and support My monitor is 240hz but my monitor is stuck at 1hz and it reset my resolution and it is... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there, This is a problem of my Monitor which is stuck at a resolution of 832x600 and a stuck refresh rate of 1 hertz. So all I did was change my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Synthetic Horizon, Mar 31, 2023.

1. My monitor is 240hz but my monitor is stuck at 1hz and it reset my resolution and it is...

Hello there, This is a problem of my Monitor which is stuck at a resolution of 832x600 and a stuck refresh rate of 1 hertz. So all I did was change my refresh rate back to the way it was supposed to be. I saw it was 30hz at the time and I changed it back to 240hz the original refresh rate. Then a black screen got in my screen and after like 30 seconds my screen resolution got smaller 832x600 and my refresh rate is now 1.000hz and I couldn't change it. It also deleted the other refresh rate hertz options when I tried to revert it back to the same hertz.Tried to find a solution in YouTube and

:)

Synthetic Horizon, Mar 31, 2023

2. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 31, 2023
  3. How to keep 240hz refresh rate on new monitor

This is my situation. I have a MSI Stealth GS77 gaming laptop with an HDMI 2.1 output that I have an external monitor connected to. The monitor is a 1440p Asus ROG PG279QM. The monitor has several HDMI 2.0 inputs and a DP 1.4 input. The monitor is capable of a 240hz refresh rate. Everything I have read says that a 240hz refresh rate is supported at 1440p over HDMI 2.1, but not HDMI 2.0. I currently have the monitor connected to the laptop using an HDMI 2.1 to DP 1.4 cable. I am currently getting the 240hz refresh rate. I was getting it the other day and updated the BIOS on the laptop and lost the refresh rate. It dropped back down to 144hz. For some reason, I am able to get the 240hz refresh rate after the computer resumes from sleep. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way for me to lock in the 240hz refresh rate so I don't lose it again in the future? Any help would be appreciated.

Jeffrey108, Mar 31, 2023
  4. My monitor is 240hz but my monitor is stuck at 1hz and it reset my resolution and it is...

Monitor Resolution reset after system restart

Hi there,

I just bought a new 4k Monitor and added it to my system as primary monitor with my 1080p monitor as secondary. The problem I face everyday is when is start my system, the monitor resolution is reset. Earlier it used to reset my 4K monitor to 1080p and when
    I check settings: Display Settings --> Scale and Layout it say 'A Custom Scale factor is Set'. To resolve it I had to log out and log in. After logging back the resolutions are fine and the Display Settings --> Scale and Layout 'A Custom Scale factor is Set'
    is not 200%. But now from yesterday my resolution of 1080p display is getting changed to 4k on system restart. Again I have to do the above steps mentioned to resolve it. This is really annoying, why does not Windows remember my 2 monitors resolution. It
    would be really helpful if anyone can suggest the solution.

My system details if it helps to find solution:

OS - Windows 10 latest update

Monitor 1 - LG 27UD68-B (set to 4K native)

Monitor 2 - LG E2360V (set to 1080p native)

Graphics Card - Nvidia GTX970

gamer_patri0t, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

My monitor is 240hz but my monitor is stuck at 1hz and it reset my resolution and it is...

1. My monitor is 240hz but my monitor is stuck at 1hz and it reset my resolution and it is... - Similar Threads - monitor 240hz monitor

2. my monitor stuck on 120hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my monitor stuck on 120hz: My previous monitor is an Acer nitro VG241Y and 240hz connected with HDMI2.0 on my laptop works pretty fine But I bought an Acer nitro XV252qZ and it stuck on 120hz...
  3. my monitor stuck on 120hz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my monitor stuck on 120hz: My previous monitor is an Acer nitro VG241Y and 240hz connected with HDMI2.0 on my laptop works pretty fine But I bought an Acer nitro XV252qZ and it stuck on 120hz...
  4. my monitor doesn't display the right resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my monitor doesn't display the right resolution: My monitor is a 3840 x 2160 monitor and is running like it is 1920 x 1080 and won't go back to being smooth and is just all blocky. I don't know if this has anything todo with my signal strength being 1920 x 1080 but I don't know how to fix that...
  5. My monitor is 240hz but my monitor is stuck at 1hz and it reset my resolution and it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor is 240hz but my monitor is stuck at 1hz and it reset my resolution and it is...: Hello there, This is a problem of my Monitor which is stuck at a resolution of 832x600 and a stuck refresh rate of 1 hertz. So all I did was change my refresh rate back to the way it was supposed to be. I saw it was 30hz at the time and I changed it back to 240hz the original...
  6. My monitor is 240hz but my monitor is stuck at 1hz and it reset my resolution and it is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor is 240hz but my monitor is stuck at 1hz and it reset my resolution and it is...: Hello there, This is a problem of my Monitor which is stuck at a resolution of 832x600 and a stuck refresh rate of 1 hertz. So all I did was change my refresh rate back to the way it was supposed to be. I saw it was 30hz at the time and I changed it back to 240hz the original...
  7. Monitor stuck at 1hz and cannot change it to 144

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor stuck at 1hz and cannot change it to 144: Unable to edit the rate of hz monitor is MSI G271 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-stuck-at-1hz-and-cannot-change-it-to-144/c30ad726-988f-43ed-94f6-298a27ac2b6b
  8. Monitor Resolution stuck at 1280x768

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Resolution stuck at 1280x768: Hi, My monitor resolution is stuck at 1280x768 resolution. I tried every "solution" online. Uninstalled drivers and re-installed, restarted PC umpteen number of times , unplugged and plugged graphics card. I am not able to go back to the original 1920x1080 resolution....
  9. Can't set my monitor to 240Hz

Can't set my monitor to 240Hz: I just bought this new 240 Hz LC27RG50FQUXEN and I can't set it to any value higher than 240Hz. I tried so many things but to no avail, I tried turning Adaptive-sync off, I tried turning V-sync off, I had the ability to set it to 144hz but with DP Version 1.1, whenever I set...
  10. Can't use my monitor at 3440x1440 resolution

Can't use my monitor at 3440x1440 resolution: Hi, I am not been able to use my new monitor or windows recommended resolution i.e. 3440x1400 refer attached image. Every time I select the recommend resolution I got an error "Input not Supported" The onboard graphics card I am having is Intel HD Graphics 530...