Windows 10: My monitor is connected by a HDMI lead to my PC. The monotor indicates "No signal"

Discus and support My monitor is connected by a HDMI lead to my PC. The monotor indicates "No signal" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Here is some information. Monitor - Smart TV - LG web OS YV MT49S Operating system - windows 10 The same HDMI lead in all cases. Older Lenovo B570 -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kearneyjim, Feb 25, 2019.

1. My monitor is connected by a HDMI lead to my PC. The monotor indicates "No signal"

Here is some information. Monitor - Smart TV - LG web OS YV MT49S Operating system - windows 10 The same HDMI lead in all cases.

Older Lenovo B570 - Display Adaptor - Intel(R) Graphics 3000.

Newer Lenovo Yoga 510 - Display Adaptor- AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics

On newer PC there is no problem.

Problem on older PC - No display on LG TV. In Currys with older PC there is a display on Currys monitor with the same HDMI lead.

:)

kearneyjim, Feb 25, 2019

2. Monitor not receiving signal from pc after using hdmi passthrough

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

HDMI Pass-Through does not work with all devices. Before attempting to set up an HDMI Pass-Through connection, you should make sure the source of the signal such as a Blu-ray player or Set Top Box, supports HDMI Pass-Through.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Did you try a different HDMI cable to connect your PC to the monitor?
    2. When you say "my pc will not display to my monitor", are you able to see any error message on it? For example: 'No signal'.

Meanwhile, try the below suggestions and check if this helps.

• If your monitor has an option in the Menu Button to switch the
      Input Source to HDMI Port, I would suggest you to try it.
    • Try completely disconnecting your Xbox from the computer and just connect your computer to the monitor and check if you are able to see the display on the monitor.
    • Make sure your display is plugged in and turned on.
    • Unplug the video cable from both your display and PC, and then reconnect them firmly. After you reconnect the video cable, try moving your mouse on your display.
    • Try connecting to different video outputs on your PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent to a different display adapter or output.
    • If you have your own display adapter installed and connected to your display,
      try connecting your display to the built-in video on the motherboard.
    • Check for damaged HDMI cable, loose connections, or faulty adapters.

Hope it helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Monitor not working - HDMI has no signal

Yesterday, my ASUS monitor was working fine connected to my HP spectrum using Windows 10. Today, the monitor delivers a no HDMI signal message. I have restarted both laptop and monitor, replaced the HDMI cable, updated display driver and still no luck.
    Suggestions welcome.

SteveEayrs1, Feb 25, 2019
  4. bha19 Win User

My monitor is connected by a HDMI lead to my PC. The monotor indicates "No signal"

no HDMI signal

I have an ASUS monitor and ASUS desktop with a graphics card not on board graphics. I have an HDMI cable from the monitor to the video card. Today for the first time while on the internet my screen froze and then went blue saying no HDMI signal. I tried everything but still no signal. I then tried my VGA cable and all was working. I then tried my HDMI cable again and it worked until this afternoon when I was watching a video on the internet and the screen froze and said no HDMI signal. also when this happened I could hear my fan running loudly. Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

bha19, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

My monitor is connected by a HDMI lead to my PC. The monotor indicates "No signal"

1. My monitor is connected by a HDMI lead to my PC. The monotor indicates "No signal" - Similar Threads - monitor connected HDMI

2. Connected a new monitor to my pc and now both my monitors say “No Signal”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected a new monitor to my pc and now both my monitors say “No Signal”: I bought a new monitor and I connected it to my pc it was fine and after a day it stopped working and now both of my monitors say “No Signal”.I already tried disconnecting and switching the cables, as well as trying hdmi and Displayport and it doesn’t seem to be fixing...
  3. Connected a new monitor to my pc and now both my monitors say “No Signal”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected a new monitor to my pc and now both my monitors say “No Signal”: I bought a new monitor and I connected it to my pc it was fine and after a day it stopped working and now both of my monitors say “No Signal”.I already tried disconnecting and switching the cables, as well as trying hdmi and Displayport and it doesn’t seem to be fixing...
  4. Connected a new monitor to my pc and now both my monitors say “No Signal”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Tv connected to pc as monitor no hdmi signal after factori reset

Tv connected to pc as monitor no hdmi signal after factori reset: Hi, i have a pc and i connected The tv as monitor because i dont own a monitor then i did a factory reset Reset this PC option and then îs saying me no hdmi signal, it dont allow me to look at reset menu from tv and now my tv is blocked on this screen and i cant do anything...
  6. Tv connected to pc as monitor no hdmi signal after factori reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tv connected to pc as monitor no hdmi signal after factori reset: Hi, i have a pc and i connected The tv as monitor because i dont own a monitor then i did a factory reset Reset this PC option and then îs saying me no hdmi signal, it dont allow me to look at reset menu from tv and now my tv is blocked on this screen and i cant do anything...
  7. Tv connected to pc as monitor no hdmi signal after factori reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal

External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal: Hi All,I purchased a Acer Predator Triton 500 model PT515-52 laptop, with an RTX 2070S with Max Q, running Windows 10. I have a Samsung external monitor that I have been using with my other laptop, which is an ASUS Zenbook. As soon as I plug in this laptop, the external...
  9. HDMI not detected/no signal on monitor but whole pc is still on

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI not detected/no signal on monitor but whole pc is still on: Good evening/morning!, Today I've experienced something strange happening on my desktop, whenever I start to play/open up a game (be it gfx intensive or not) after few minutes, my monitor would tend to die out/turn black as if going on sleep (orange led still lit) and has a...
  10. HDMI not detected/no signal on monitor but whole pc is still on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI not detected/no signal on monitor but whole pc is still on: Good evening/morning!, Today I've experienced something strange happening on my desktop, whenever I start to play/open up a game be it gfx intensive or not after few minutes, my monitor would tend to die out/turn black as if going on sleep orange led still lit and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i was moving my monitor around and the hdmi no longer works