Windows 10: My Monitor Is Dimming and agin gains its light

Discus and support My Monitor Is Dimming and agin gains its light in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my pc and monitor have several problems such as 1. It doest shows which is its optiminal resolution 2.I dont know why but the pc can even exeed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShobhanaShewale, Mar 20, 2021.

1. My Monitor Is Dimming and agin gains its light

my pc and monitor have several problems such as

1. It doest shows which is its optiminal resolution

2.I dont know why but the pc can even exeed the mximum resolution of my monitor Far so my monitor is a FHD monitor and it can only support till 1920x1080 but my pc shows uptill 2048x1260 which my monitor dosent support

3. my sharpness of images are gone means all images are so blury even if they are on 1080p

i have tried everything on the internet

My pc is a Intel i3 64x based prosesor 4Gb Ram 3.88 Gb usable

i tired this pc with another moitor and all things were all right and also my monitor's bois didnt even had any blur

so i cant understand the problem i have buyed a new pc and a monitor and they are working well

but i cant understant why it is happening on this pc

i also uploaded a video which has 1080p and is not atall blury

:)

ShobhanaShewale, Mar 20, 2021

2. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Mar 20, 2021
  3. JGT
    jgt Win User
    windows 10 night light when on cycles dimming

I have windows 1903 Build 18362.329 installed on my desktop and I'm using the windows night light in the settings. Lately (not sure just when it started) I've noticed that when it is on about every 2-5 minutes I notice my monitors will dim just enough to
    be very noticeable and then brighten to the night light level. The dimming/brightening is a gradual process (about a 10-second cycle) and is very annoying. If the night light is NOT on then the monitors do not dim/brighten. As a test, I turned the night light
    off and installed f.lux (it is now on) so far it has not dimmed/brightened and it has been at least 30 minutes since f.lux turned on.

I've searched for a solution but so far I have not found a solution. Obviously I can stay with f.lux but I'm attempting to remove all software where windows provide the same function, assuming that the windows code is as good or better than the add-on.

My graphic card (NVIDIA GTX 470 Graphic Card) has the latest drivers from NVIDIA and were installed two days ago. Prior to the installation, I had the night light issue. I installed the latest drivers to see if that would resolve the issue.

4. Stitch194 Win User

My Monitor Is Dimming and agin gains its light

Monitor dims at 6 AM

You've tried Windows settings with no change, I would next check the monitor settings and see if there's anything related to screen brightness. Would you happen to have a light sensor in the screen mount camera?

Automatic screen dimming. - Windows 10 Forums

Stitch194, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

My Monitor Is Dimming and agin gains its light

1. My Monitor Is Dimming and agin gains its light - Similar Threads - Monitor Dimming agin

2. Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected: I have 2 monitors identical View Sonic devices Recently when I select a program on one of the monitors, the other monitor goes dim. If I select a program on the second monitor, the unselected monitor first monitor goes dim. The interesting thing is that if I log in as the...
  3. Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor Dims when second monitor is selected: I have 2 monitors identical View Sonic devices Recently when I select a program on one of the monitors, the other monitor goes dim. If I select a program on the second monitor, the unselected monitor first monitor goes dim. The interesting thing is that if I log in as the...
  4. Dim second monitor on login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dim second monitor on login: I am experiencing a bug where my second monitor is dim after logging in about half of the time. I believe this is a software issue because the cursor (and only the cursor) is at the correct brightness. Taking desktop screenshots also shows correct brightness in the image. I...
  5. Windows 10 dimming on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 dimming on its own: I use my laptop for photo editing and have calibrated the display with brightness set at 32. My problem is that the display dims after some time at its own going from 16 then 8 , 4 and eventually 0. This cause the calibration to be off. I would like the brightness to stay...
  6. Brightness dimming on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness dimming on its own: It has been going on forever and I am getting sick of it. When I am playing a game or watching a movie, the brightness goes down it dims all by itself.. But the bar does not so I have to scroll it up and down till it goes back to normal. I have checked the nightlight and all...
  7. Monitor on laptop intermittently goes blank - but its power light stays on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor on laptop intermittently goes blank - but its power light stays on: I have seen this problem on so many forums - yet to see an answer: I have an Acer KG221Q monitor. Windows 10, Microsoft SurfacePro, Win 10 via Targus Universal Docking Station and HDMI. The Monitor intermittently goes blank - but its power light stays on. Also the same on...
  8. Monitor dims at 6 AM

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor dims at 6 AM: Every morning my monitor brightness level will go all the way to the dimmest level at precisely 6am. How can I stop this? This is a new computer, so not sure if it is a Windows function, an Intel function, or an HP function causing it. I have looked in the power management...
  9. Monitor dims at 6 AM

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor dims at 6 AM: Every morning my monitor brightness level will go all the way to the dimmest level at precisely 6am. How can I stop this? This is a new computer, so not sure if it is a Windows function, an Intel function, or an HP function causing it. I have looked in the power management...
  10. Screen dimming and brightening on its own.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen dimming and brightening on its own.: My monitor seems to be dimming and brightening on its own. My system is a desktop with a monitor which is really a flatscreen tv. Everytime I close out something the screen dims. When I open up something it brightens again but it may not stay bright. When doing MS Word it...