Windows 10: My monitor is flickering in a small area

Discus and support My monitor is flickering in a small area in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I noticed my monitor started flickering, but only in one small rectangular area. Before this happened, I was on a website and my mouse cursor was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kirby gamez, Sep 3, 2020.

1. My monitor is flickering in a small area

I noticed my monitor started flickering, but only in one small rectangular area. Before this happened, I was on a website and my mouse cursor was perfectly placed where a feature was rapidly flickering in the same spot as my monitor is now, so that might be a cause. I have no idea how to fix this and it's driving me crazy!

:)

kirby gamez, Sep 3, 2020

2. Monitor Dim and Flickers

I have a new Dell Inspiron 3668 cpu and running it with my old Dell ST2010 I have run the windows "troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10" from Windows help. When I go to task Mngr. it still flickers. So, I uninstalled the display driver as suggested
    and then ran the "Check for updates". The problem still remains. Any further suggestions?? My next step is to just replace the monitor and assume Windows 10 will not run it!

corvette65, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Monitor flicker

Hi,

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by an incompatible app or display driver. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest following the steps provided in this
    article and see if it will work for you.

Get back to us with the result if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Sep 3, 2020
  4. My monitor is flickering in a small area

Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model number of your computer?
    2. Have you connected any external monitors to the computer?

To narrow down the issue, I suggest you to try connecting another monitor as well as another monitor cable and check if the issue persists.

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting methods and check if this helps.

Method 1:
    Troubleshoot Screen Flickering In Windows 10.

If the issue persists after checking with another monitor and the monitor cable, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in
    Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10 and check if this
    helps.

Method 2:
    Changing The Screen Refresh Rate.

1. Right-click on an empty area on your desktop > Click on
      Display settings > On the right-pane, scroll down and click on
      Advanced display settings
    2. Click on the Display adapter properties for Display 1 > In the next window, go to
      Monitor tab > Under Screen refresh rate drop-down menu, try changing the desired Hertz rate.
    3. Restart the computer after changing each rate and check if the issue persists.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

My monitor is flickering in a small area

1. My monitor is flickering in a small area - Similar Threads - monitor flickering small

2. why my monitor flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why my monitor flickering: My monitor keep flickering however I turn the brightness all the way down. It wont flickering anymore. But my monitor getting dark. My laptop is operating in window 11...
  3. why my monitor flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my monitor flickering: My monitor keep flickering however I turn the brightness all the way down. It wont flickering anymore. But my monitor getting dark. My laptop is operating in window 11...
  4. display problem small area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display problem small area: display has out of focus icons in just in one spot on the display - it is a rectangle of about 1.5 icons tall and 4 icons wide. - what icon in settings have i pressed or key combinations have i pressed to cause this?- it is apparent it is not a malfunction of the display...
  5. display problem small area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display problem small area: display has out of focus icons in just in one spot on the display - it is a rectangle of about 1.5 icons tall and 4 icons wide. - what icon in settings have i pressed or key combinations have i pressed to cause this?- it is apparent it is not a malfunction of the display...
  6. display problem small area

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Monitor Flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Flickering: I've posted about this before, but this time I don't know what to do. My monitor flickers on fullscreen games and I don't know why. Everytime I restart my PC, it works fine, but then the next day it starts occurring again. Originally, I reinstalled my graphic drivers and...
  8. monitor flicker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    monitor flicker: I downloaded and installed Windows 10 within the last week. It worked fine for several days. Yesterday, the monitor began to flicker occasionally. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-flicker/3bfc65b4-870d-46b2-a4ae-d8b9ecc3c8e6
  9. "Data area ...too small message.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Data area ...too small message.: This message pops up when I'm trying to open JPG's. Why is it being generated and what can I do to correct it?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-area-too-small-message/82efc510-1fcf-4cd9-9a22-c5418ecbf361"
  10. Monitor flickering, taskbar flickering.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor flickering, taskbar flickering.: My monitor keeps flickering for less than a sec every now and then. I'm currently using 2 monitors, 1 is 1980 x 1080 while another is 1280 x 880. I've tried the task manager, it doesn't affect TaskManager or any program. It only affects the desktop background, Document...