Windows 10: My monitor Keeps losing its background

Discus and support My monitor Keeps losing its background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i just got a second monitor the other day its a ASUS ROG XG32VQ QHD 144Hz FreeSync 32in Monitor same as my first one however the new monitor can't keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarcusSteele, Aug 7, 2020.

1. My monitor Keeps losing its background

i just got a second monitor the other day its a ASUS ROG XG32VQ QHD 144Hz FreeSync 32in Monitor same as my first one however the new monitor can't keep backgrounds and no matter what i do restart, sign out then in, disable desktop icons, wipe the "themes" folder in appdata nothing fixes it can someone please help me

:)

MarcusSteele, Aug 7, 2020
  2. mathesar Win User

Dual monitor setup, Monitor #2 keeps losing color calibration.

Running dual monitors in Win 10 and when going through the Color calibration steps on monitor #2 (Control panel / Display / Calibrate color) the settings stick as long as the 2nd monitor is active.

If I switch to single display (Windows Key + P / PC Screen only) then the 2nd monitor loses its color calibration. Also anytime I reboot my PC (Even if I have both monitors active) the 2nd monitor loses my calibration.

The 2nd monitor has a fairly strong bias for the color Green so I can always tell right away.

I'm probably overlooking something and was hoping someone might of dealt with this before My monitor Keeps losing its background :)

mathesar, Aug 7, 2020
  3. (4K DP, 1440p DP, 1200p DVI-D) Triple monitor setup; 2 monitors have the same background when background is set to slideshow shuffle

My setup:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
    • GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition, fully updated drivers

Steps to reproduce:

1. Connect the monitors as in the title
    2. Set wallpaper background to shuffle in Windows Settings

What happens:

2 of the monitors (always adjacent to each other) have the same background.

What should happen:

All 3 monitors should have different backgrounds.

Anyone ever seen this before? Any ideas?

Judah_Richardson, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

My monitor Keeps losing its background

Different Backgrounds on each monitor

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to set different wallpapers on each monitors.

We would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1: Identify Displays.

Try using the Identify option to identify the displays and then check if you can set different background. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on System, and select
      Display
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Rearrange your displays, click on
      Identify to identify the displays.

Refer screenshot below:

My monitor Keeps losing its background 8f709fba-58a5-4927-8b85-7b2e6d47a4a3?upload=true.png

Once the displays are identified as Monitor 1 and Monitor 2, try setting the background.

Method 2: Duplicating Displays

One other thing we can try is to set the displays to Duplicate first and then Extend them.

To Duplicate the Displays, press Windows key + P, and select
    Duplicate. Follow the same steps and select Extend.

After Extending the displays, check if we get the option to set different backgrounds.

Method 3: Reinstall Display Drivers.

If Method 1 and 2 didn’t help, we can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Display Drivers. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Now, right click on the Display
      device
      and select Uninstall Device.
    4. Once the device is uninstalled, click on Actions and select
      Scan for hardware changes.
    5. Restart the computer.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

My monitor Keeps losing its background

1. My monitor Keeps losing its background - Similar Threads - monitor Keeps losing

2. My Monitor keeps causing windows to lose display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Monitor keeps causing windows to lose display: I had a monitor that used a HDMI to VGA adaptor and when the Laptop was unlocked, I kept the windows open on the second screen. But The old monitor died, now the new monitor has a direct HDMI connection, but when I lock the PC, The display goes to standby. When the PC is...
  3. My Monitor keeps causing windows to lose display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Monitor keeps causing windows to lose display: I had a monitor that used a HDMI to VGA adaptor and when the Laptop was unlocked, I kept the windows open on the second screen. But The old monitor died, now the new monitor has a direct HDMI connection, but when I lock the PC, The display goes to standby. When the PC is...
  4. My Monitor keeps causing windows to lose display

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My pc monitor keeps losing signal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc monitor keeps losing signal.: So it just somtimes randomly loses signal and then mabye a minute later it comes back on. It very stranger I have tried reseting pc and also checked to see if any loose connections.all driver are updated I am so confused.when I boot up just before the login screen it loses...
  6. My pc monitor keeps losing signal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc monitor keeps losing signal.: So it just somtimes randomly loses signal and then mabye a minute later it comes back on. It very stranger I have tried reseting pc and also checked to see if any loose connections.all driver are updated I am so confused.when I boot up just before the login screen it loses...
  7. My pc monitor keeps losing signal.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Keep Losing My Bluetooth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep Losing My Bluetooth: Several times a day, after coming back to my computer after it has gone to sleep, I lose my mouse and Bluetooth. The Bluetooth icon disappears from the notifications window and the "Turn on Bluetooth" switch is gone from the Settings->Devices->Bluetooth window. I can...
  9. 2nd monitor background image keeps changing back to the 1st monitor's background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd monitor background image keeps changing back to the 1st monitor's background: I've got two different background images for my two monitors, and every few days or so, the 2nd monitor will get its image changed to the same image as the first monitor. No idea what causes this. I've got the "Choose a fit" set to "Fill", if that helps. submitted by...
  10. Dual monitor setup, Monitor #2 keeps losing color calibration.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitor setup, Monitor #2 keeps losing color calibration.: Running dual monitors in Win 10 and when going through the Color calibration steps on monitor #2 (Control panel / Display / Calibrate color) the settings stick as long as the 2nd monitor is active. If I switch to single display (Windows Key + P / PC Screen only) then the...