Windows 10: My monitor keeps turning on after I turn it off

Discus and support My monitor keeps turning on after I turn it off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, Every time I turn off my monitor -- either when I'm leaving for somewhere or I'm heading to bed -- my monitor turns on. After trying multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by etgrandio, Oct 13, 2020.

1. etgrandio Win User

My monitor keeps turning on after I turn it off

Hello,

Every time I turn off my monitor -- either when I'm leaving for somewhere or I'm heading to bed -- my monitor turns on. After trying multiple things, I've figured out that my keyboard is turning my monitor on, even when I don't touch it!

I've tried multiple procedures, and none of them work. Help would be appreciated.

:)

etgrandio, Oct 13, 2020

2. Monitors keep turning themselves back on

Wow that is really silly... So after all of this troubleshooting, it turns out that my monitors were turning on because me pressing the sleep button on my keyboard was actually waking them back up again.
    I'm going to file a ticket on this to microsoft because that's just silly. If I press a button on my keyboard to turn the monitors off, they should stay off until I press another button.

@swarfega You might want to check some of the suggestions that other users have put on this thread and see if any apply to you.

As for me, I'm signing off. Thanks for all your help y'all. Take it easy.

CausticLasagne, Oct 13, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Monitor turns on by itself

Thanks. Suggest you do a clean boot and see what happens, then if the monitor still turns on, you have potentially far less logged by Proc Mon.

dalchina, Oct 13, 2020
  4. My monitor keeps turning on after I turn it off

Monitors keep turning themselves back on

Hi guys. I have an issue where my monitors keep turning themselves back on. I've scoured google (or more accurately ddg) and I've found little in the form of a solution.

I hear tale that xbox 360 USB controllers cause monitors to turn back on, and I do plug mine in for development, but the monitors still keep turning on when they are unplugged.

I've run through powershell and some other solutions regarding powercfg and various sub-commands but to no avail.

Can anyone lend a hand please?
    Many thanks in advance.

ps. Does anyone know how to change your profile picture on these forums? I'm new. My monitor keeps turning on after I turn it off :)

CausticLasagne, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

My monitor keeps turning on after I turn it off

1. My monitor keeps turning on after I turn it off - Similar Threads - monitor keeps turning

2. I turned on HDR on in the settings and now my monitor keeps turning off and on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned on HDR on in the settings and now my monitor keeps turning off and on.: I have tried unplugging my monitor many times, i switched out my cables, and still not working on my pc. It is not the monitor berceuse i tried it on a laptop and it worked. the monitor turns off fast so I cannot see if the HDR settings are still on or not....
  3. I turned on HDR on in the settings and now my monitor keeps turning off and on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned on HDR on in the settings and now my monitor keeps turning off and on.: I have tried unplugging my monitor many times, i switched out my cables, and still not working on my pc. It is not the monitor berceuse i tried it on a laptop and it worked. the monitor turns off fast so I cannot see if the HDR settings are still on or not....
  4. Monitors turn off after booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitors turn off after booting: Hey, I need help with this issue I have where my monitors I have 2 turn off right after the booting screen disappears, or maybe they don't turn off but it shows that there is no signal. I've tried changing sources 1 used display port and the other uses hdmi I changed the...
  5. Monitors turn off after booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors turn off after booting: Hey, I need help with this issue I have where my monitors I have 2 turn off right after the booting screen disappears, or maybe they don't turn off but it shows that there is no signal. I've tried changing sources 1 used display port and the other uses hdmi I changed the...
  6. Monitors turn off after booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...: For clarification, I have my display to turn off after ten minutes of inactivity and usually, the monitor would go off and stay off until the mouse was moved or a key pressed. Recently I've noticed that after the ten minutes elapses, the monitor goes to turn off and then...
  8. My second monitor keeps turning off and on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My second monitor keeps turning off and on: I have 2 monitors connected to my pc. I reset my pc a week ago and when I got windows running my second monitor starts turning off and on when I’m playing a game and alt+tab out. Anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/TRxz-FariZKiller [link] [comments]...
  9. Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart: On my machine the monitor isn't turning off immediately after a restart. It's not been logged into yet, but it's simply staying on. Normally it sleeps very quickly if no one logs on at the lock screen. What might be the cause of this? 137103
  10. Monitor turns off after boot!

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off after boot!: I think I' ve screwed something :-( I've installed the latest insider on my desktop as it works fine on the netbook, and now the screen turns off after the boot screen, the computer doesn't hang and seems to show signs of working (HDD light flashing). The video card is OK....