Windows 10: my monitor not working anymore

Discus and support my monitor not working anymore in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; installed the win 10 on my pc . been working pretty good . but now the monitor does not work anymore . pc boots up , but monitor is still in sleep mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by rncplc, Aug 28, 2015.

1. rncplc Win User

my monitor not working anymore

installed the win 10 on my pc . been working pretty good . but now the monitor does not work anymore . pc boots up , but monitor is still in sleep mode . i have tried shutting down hard and nothing . pressing all configures of buttons and still nothing . changed dvi cords . tried pwr button on monitor . i did plug in monitor thru laptop and dooes work , but just not with pc .
    any ideas

:)

rncplc, Aug 28, 2015

2. Second Monitor Not Working Anymore

it is possible that the problem was caused by a short circuit that prevented the pc from detecting hardware correctly.

Do you sometime get static shock when you touch your computer?

sometime when you have a computer directly sitting on carpet the static electricity generated by friction when you walk on it transfer to your computer since its chassis is in metal and can sometime cause interference with some hardware and sometime even cause
    permanent damage especially on hard drives

Kevin Charland-Asselin, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Second Monitor Not Working Anymore

Strangely Enough, the fix was a simple yet, odd one. All I had to do was shut down my pc > unplug the power cable in the back > and hold the power button located in the front for 30 seconds to 1 minutes. Then replug-in the computer and turn it on, and
    amazingly enough it started to recognize the monitor in the DVI-D port again. My only guess is that caused a energy flush in the system allowing new energy to surge in and reach the DVI-D port which is located a little farther then the DVI-I port causing it
    to come up short in the power department.

JohnPeterson404, Aug 28, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Do you see the Bios splash screen when you first start the computer? The Bios splash screen has nothing to do with the operating system. If you don't see the Bios screen at all then you have a hardware failure.

NavyLCDR, Aug 28, 2015
  5. rncplc Win User
    No i do not see the bios splash . I thought about that also about hardware failure . Ok then so what to do now ?

rncplc, Aug 28, 2015
  6. YOU
    You Win User
    Reset the CMOS, which might be kinda tricky. Be prepared to open up the computer. Tthis happens to me sometimes, and a CMOS reset always fixes it. It could possibly be a corrupt BIOS which is either very easy or a little tricky to fix depending on r computer manufacturer (some companies such as HP have BIOS recovery processes that are easy to do), or a hardware failure in the worst-case scenario. For example, with most HP notebooks, simply have to hold the Windows and B keys while it is off, then press the power button for one second and let go of the keys, and the computer will eventually boot into a BIOS recovery program.

How to Clear r Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings

Do either "Use the CLEAR CMOS Motherboard Jumper" or "Reseat the CMOS Battery".

This will set the BIOS settings to their defaults. That's normally not an issue, but if have a specific computer setup then might have to reconfigure some stuff. If bought r computer and just use it, if know what I mean, should be fine and won't have to change any settings.

7. phistyle Win User
    I used to have problems with windows 10 detecting my monitors as well when i was on the betas. Only time I got it to work was when I switch around the cables and then when my monitor went to sleep, it stopped turning on. Had to revert back to Windows 8.1. I was using a tri-monitor setup so it was kind of annoying dealing with it over and over.

phistyle, Aug 29, 2015
  8. nkg0319 Win User

Not sure my problem is the same with everyone else here, but didn't find the same issue though similar. After installing the 10, everything is working fine except when the system goes to sleep and when I try to resume, the monitor is not responding, remaining sleep. When I use the monitor's switch, I see a message briefly warning me the monitor is going to the sleep mode. Only way I can get back is to force reboot each time. Please help.

nkg0319, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. my monitor not working anymore - Similar Threads - monitor working anymore

2. My PIN does not work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PIN does not work anymore: Dear all, I have no idea what happened. When I turned on my PC today it stated: that there is an error and my PIN is not available. I have to click "set up PIN" in order to set up again. When I click "set up PIN" it does nothing. translated from GermanI have absolutely no...
  3. My PIN does not work anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PIN does not work anymore: Dear all, I have no idea what happened. When I turned on my PC today it stated: that there is an error and my PIN is not available. I have to click "set up PIN" in order to set up again. When I click "set up PIN" it does nothing. translated from GermanI have absolutely no...
  4. Monitor not extending properly anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor not extending properly anymore: I have a monitor that I connect to my laptop via a hdmi to VGA cable, and it has been working perfectly for the past few months. However since this morning I have been having a problem where I can duplicate my laptop screen, but trying to extend it just leaves the other...
  5. Monitor not extending properly anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor not extending properly anymore: I have a monitor that I connect to my laptop via a hdmi to VGA cable, and it has been working perfectly for the past few months. However since this morning I have been having a problem where I can duplicate my laptop screen, but trying to extend it just leaves the other...
  6. Monitor does not appear as a speaker anymore while it worked before

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor does not appear as a speaker anymore while it worked before: Hi!I just recently came back to my appartment after leaving for a month and when I turned on my PC I can't choose my monitor as the speaker it does not appear on the list anymore and have to use headphones as the only audio output. I restarted the PC and monitor many times...
  7. Second monitor won't work in "Extend" mode anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Second monitor won't work in "Extend" mode anymore: Good morning. I've been using a laptop with a second monitor for more than 2 months, and i had no trouble up until now. The issues is that the second monitor won't go into "Extend" mode. It works in "Dublicate", and "Second monitor only", but when i try to set it into...
  8. My screen resolution for my monitor doesn't exist anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen resolution for my monitor doesn't exist anymore: My screen resolution for my monitor doesn't exist anymore. this morning I turned my pc on and the resolution was different then I had last time. I looked at the resolution settings and it doesn't show the resolution that I had before (1440xSomething) and it doesn't tell me a...
  9. Second monitor not working anymore after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Second monitor not working anymore after Windows Update: So I have two monitors for my computer. They both worked totally fine until the last Windows update. Now, my second monitor doesn't work anymore. Here is some information to help you understand what the problem is: When I press the Windows Key + P, I get the following...
  10. Shortcut for turning monitor off does not work anymore.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut for turning monitor off does not work anymore.: I have an Acer Aspire E 15. Since the last Windows update (about November 1st 2016), Fn+F6 to turn the monitor off does not work anymore. It happened to other Acer users. It works only as long as I do not release the Fn key. I tried holding the key for an hour (with a cup and...