Windows 10: My monitor os showing screen so. Is the problem with pc or monitor. Im using dvi. How to...

Discus and support My monitor os showing screen so. Is the problem with pc or monitor. Im using dvi. How to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/knastman [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/knastman, Nov 7, 2020.

1. My monitor os showing screen so. Is the problem with pc or monitor. Im using dvi. How to...

/u/knastman, Nov 7, 2020
  2. DiBBz Win User

DVI issue with LG Monitor

my GT640 has 2 DVI ports ive tried both. and as far as im aware no it didn't automatically switch to the dvi mode on the monitor. pretty much all i done was shutdown PC unplug VGA and then plug in DVI and switch from VGA to dvi mode in the monitor.

in all honesty it could just be the monitor. its at this point its like 8-9 years old. i wouldnt have a doubt in a mind if it wasnt the monitor

DiBBz, Nov 7, 2020
  3. ACD0236 Win User
    Continuum with VGA/DVI-D only monitor

Hello there,

I am planning to try out Continuum with a Lumia 950XL. The monitor I should connect it to has only VGA and DVI-D input connectors, and it supports a 1920 x 1200 resolution on a 24" panel with 16:10 aspect ratio.

• Would it be possible to get a stable, reliable and functional connection between the Lumia and such monitor?
    • The resolution and aspect ratio of the external monitor would be correctly interpreted by the Lumia or would I face problems in image size, resolution or aspect ratio of the contect that I see on screen?

My idea is to buy the Display Dock, connect the phone on one end and an HDMI to DVI-D cable on the other end.

How does it sound?

Thank you very much.

ACD0236, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

My monitor os showing screen so. Is the problem with pc or monitor. Im using dvi. How to...

DVI not working on extended monitor with Surface Book docking station

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Make sure the power light for the docking station is on

• Make sure the monitor is getting power

• Make sure the cable is connected properly to the monitor

• Unplug and reconnect the Mini-DVI adapter on the back of your docking station

• Try flipping the connector for the adapter over (turns out some adapters can go in upside-down)

• Take the Surface out of the docking station then put it back in

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

My monitor os showing screen so. Is the problem with pc or monitor. Im using dvi. How to...

1. My monitor os showing screen so. Is the problem with pc or monitor. Im using dvi. How to... - Similar Threads - monitor showing screen

2. DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card: Hello I run a dual pc setup windows 10 x64. I have razer external capture card I use for streaming. Usually every other time I restart my gaming pc it will boot into hdmi connection instead of dvi port which will cause me to have too restart it again till I get my gaming...
  3. So im trying to make an dual monitor with my laptop and an monitor and the monitor its...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So im trying to make an dual monitor with my laptop and an monitor and the monitor its...: So im trying to make an dual monitor with my laptop and an monitor and the monitor its saying "Out Of Range" of " 67.5kHz / 67Hz " and im on windows 10. the graphics are: Vega Graphics 3...
  4. So im trying to make an dual monitor with my laptop and an monitor and the monitor its...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So im trying to make an dual monitor with my laptop and an monitor and the monitor its...: So im trying to make an dual monitor with my laptop and an monitor and the monitor its saying "Out Of Range" of " 67.5kHz / 67Hz " and im on windows 10. the graphics are: Vega Graphics 3...
  5. So im trying to make an dual monitor with my laptop and an monitor and the monitor its...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. problem with screen/monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problem with screen/monitor: hey guys! i just got my dads old laptop as a gift which runs on windows 10 and i have a problem. my dad used to have a monitor attached to it which now doesnt exist but hasnt updated the laptop to display stuff on the laptop screen. (my dad only used the monitor and not the...
  7. monitor screen problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    monitor screen problem: ok so this black hole has appeared suddenly is it repairable what could have caused it [img] 138157
  8. Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI

Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI: I have one samsung syncmaster t240 very old monitor that i bought used from someone because i could not buy 1920x1200 monitors where im located. I connect it to my dell xps 15 9550 via hdmi to hdmi cable with no issue. I previously had an asus monitor that stopped working...
  9. monitor & OS

monitor & OS: I bought a Dell monitor about a month ago. It seems to be plug and play but there are no instructions. I read the online manual but it was not a lot of help. I mistakenly assumed, as it was new, that it was compatible with Windows 10. There were no operating systems listed...
  10. DVI issue with LG Monitor

DVI issue with LG Monitor: Greetings again. so to make it simple i made a thread not to long ago about a related display issue here > HDMI issues with LG Flatron M2294D ? and was adviced that possibly getting a dvi cable would fix the issueim currently having with my VGA cable. long story short!...