Windows 10: My monitor randomly turns off when I start a game.

Discus and support My monitor randomly turns off when I start a game. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, so lately I have been experiencing an issue. When I start a game eg. League of Legends my monitor starts showing colored dots and turns off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Samuel Ballay, Jan 16, 2021.

1. My monitor randomly turns off when I start a game.

Hello, so lately I have been experiencing an issue. When I start a game eg. League of Legends my monitor starts showing colored dots and turns off. Then after a few minutes my mouse and keyboard disconnects too but the PC is still running. I have updated all drivers and the issue continues. I have some errors in my Event viewer. I tried to switch to a different cable and the issue is still present. I tried to plug the monitor into another PC and the issue didnt appear. Is there anything I can do? I will enlist the all the errors.

Error 1

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3

Graphics Exception: Shader Program Header 9 Error

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Error 2

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

\Device\Video3

Graphics Exception: Shader Program Header 17 Error

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Error 3

\Device\Video3

Graphics Exception: ESR 0x405840=0x82020200

Error 4

\Device\Video3

Graphics Exception: ESR 0x405848=0x80000000

Error 5

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

\Device\Video3

00000000 00000000 00000000

Error 6

Názov chybujúcej aplikácie: GameBar.exe, verzia: 5.420.11102.0, časová značka: 0x5faaa7cb

Názov chybujúceho modulu: KERNELBASE.dll, verzia: 10.0.19041.662, časová značka: 0xec58f015

Kód výnimky: 0xc0000409

Odstup chyby: 0x000000000010bd5c

Identifikácia chybujúceho procesu: 0xfdc

Čas spustenia chybujúcej aplikácie: 0x01d6ec10d6c271cf

Cesta chybujúcej aplikácie: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay_5.420.11102.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GameBar.exe

Cesta chybujúceho modulu: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Identifikácia hlásenia: 2ff0bad0-82d3-4fce-a599-853f0365318a

Celé meno chybujúceho balíka: Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay_5.420.11102.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Identifikácia chybujúcej aplikácie vzhľadom na balík: App

Error 7

The program GameBar.exe version 5.420.11102.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: fdc

Start Time: 01d6ec10d6c271cf

Termination Time: 4294967295

Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.xboxgamingoverlay_5.420.11102.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GameBar.exe

Report Id: 5fb4c002-8c05-44c7-a557-7bf22de2bc20

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay_5.420.11102.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Hang type: Quiesce

:)

Samuel Ballay, Jan 16, 2021

2. Monitor is going black or distorted white randomly

I have a LCD monitor on my computer. Randomly, the monitor will either go completely black (as if powered off, and the power light turns off) or it will get a distorted frozen white screen (like how your smartphone would look if you dropped it in a toilet and tried to turn it on). Not too surprising, I have not dropped this 21 inch monitor in a toilet. The only way I can get the monitor to work again is by unplugging it and plugging it back in

I'm pretty sure that it is just a dead monitor that needs to be replaced, but a friend suggested that it might just be the power cord, since the monitor will work (like it is now) for hours on end, then suddenly start randomly not working. It's worth checking out, but before dropping money on a new monitor (if it isn't the power cord), can anyone confirm (or strongly suggest) that it is not a CPU issue or video card? Or maybe someone has seen this before?

Steven Rayback, Jan 16, 2021
  3. itzwab Win User
    Why does my computer monitor turn off when i start up games or render?

Why does my computer monitor turn off when i start up games or render videos on it? its never done it before until lately. ill just be playing a game on it like CSGO or H1Z1 and it just randomly turns off after a little bit. Please help.

itzwab, Jan 16, 2021
  4. My monitor randomly turns off when I start a game.

Monitor turns off randomly

My monitor turns off randomly. It comes back on after I restart the computer. Today it took 4 tries.

Also, sometimes the screen randomly becomes magnified. Help?!

Thank you in advance

Anniecreel, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

My monitor randomly turns off when I start a game.

1. My monitor randomly turns off when I start a game. - Similar Threads - monitor randomly turns

2. monitors are turning off when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitors are turning off when gaming: everytime i play something it cause my monitors to turn off after some time and i dont know whyI`ve already changed my PSU and cpu cooler to a water cooling system and the problem still existI was also testing my temps and my cpu has 84* max when gpu is 80*so im really...
  3. monitors are turning off when gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitors are turning off when gaming: everytime i play something it cause my monitors to turn off after some time and i dont know whyI`ve already changed my PSU and cpu cooler to a water cooling system and the problem still existI was also testing my temps and my cpu has 84* max when gpu is 80*so im really...
  4. monitors are turning off when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Monitor turning on and off randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turning on and off randomly: Ive got 2 monitors, and a gpu thats about a year old, but every so often, the right monitor goes blank and comes back on. This is mostly shown during games, but sometimes during normal use aswell. Sometimes the monitor just completely goes off, but still is registered as I...
  6. Monitor turning on and off randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turning on and off randomly: Ive got 2 monitors, and a gpu thats about a year old, but every so often, the right monitor goes blank and comes back on. This is mostly shown during games, but sometimes during normal use aswell. Sometimes the monitor just completely goes off, but still is registered as I...
  7. my monitor turns off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my monitor turns off randomly: https://www.facebook.com/trollensten/videos/1035799690504941/?notif_id=1631708527745656&notif_t=video_processed&ref=notif this is what it does everytime randomly.i managed to record it since when it does this it shows a sideways line on the screen and then suddenly after a...
  8. Monitor turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns off randomly: My monitor turns off randomly. It comes back on after I restart the computer. Today it took 4 tries. Also, sometimes the screen randomly becomes magnified. Help?! Thank you in advance...
  9. Monitor randomly stays off when turning on the PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor randomly stays off when turning on the PC: Hi, my wife's computer is acting strange, some times her Monitor's (shes having 2 connected) stays turned off but windows 10 starts just fine. ( I tested this by typing her login info and then presseed the windows key, and typed "youtube" + enter, and pressed a random place...
  10. Why does my computer monitor turn off when i start up games or render?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does my computer monitor turn off when i start up games or render?: Why does my computer monitor turn off when i start up games or render videos on it? its never done it before until lately. ill just be playing a game on it like CSGO or H1Z1 and it just randomly turns off after a little bit. Please help. 67344