Windows 10: My monitor screen goes black whenever i play a game in fullscreen

Discus and support My monitor screen goes black whenever i play a game in fullscreen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just got my new pc and was trying out new games. I opened up a game in full screen on my main monitor and my screen just starts to flash black and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Drew_928, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Drew_928 Win User

My monitor screen goes black whenever i play a game in fullscreen

I just got my new pc and was trying out new games. I opened up a game in full screen on my main monitor and my screen just starts to flash black and I couldn't do anything. I can run them in windowed mode but I would want to get the most of my new pc. I've tried updating my drivers I downloaded the system software but I haven't fully messed around with the settings yet. My other montior which is LG works fine with fullscreen but my main monitor AOC dosen't work.

:)

Drew_928, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Black screen when playing games on fullscreen.

Hi Syrius,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have clarity on this issue and guide you accordingly, kindly help us with the following information.

• Is the issue specific to a game or does it occur on all the games?
    • Is the issue specific to only games or does it occur while playing full screen videos?

If the issue occurs while playing videos in full screen, you may want to uninstall and reinstall the video card drivers to see if it helps.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device manager.

• Expand Display Adapters, right click on your video card driver and choose
      Uninstall.
    • Check the box Delete the driver software for this device.
    • Reboot the machine for Windows to automatically reinstall the drivers.

If the issue is specific to games, it could be a compatibility issue. I suggest you to refer to the article
    Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows and run the games
    in compatibility mode to see if it helps.

If the issue persists, it could be due to the full screen optimization. As you’ve already updated the drivers, I would suggest you to disable the same and check if it works.

• Open Settings and go to System > Display.
    • On the right pane, click on the Advanced graphics settings
      hyperlink.
    • Uncheck Enable fullscreen optimizations
      and exit Settings.
    • Restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Varg Nord Win User
    Black screen when playing video fullscreen in Windows 10

My Laptop has dual graphic card:Intel HD Graphics 530 and GTX 970m and I usually connect an external monitor to it, setting external monitor (noted as Monitor 1) as main monitor. Both monitors are on. But these days I found that when I play video fullscreen on chrome, the monitor will turn to black but audio goes on, ie. my computer cannot render video correctly. I tested several times and got some info:

1. When I set Monitor 2(internal monitor of laptop) as main monitor, the video is ok when fullscreen, no matter which screen you drag the chrome window into.
    2. When the HD 530 is banned in Device Manager, ie. only GTX 970m working, it also works well.
    3. I tried disabling Hardware Accleration as some solution instructed but seems this issue remains unsolved.
    4. Playing video file (.mkv, .mpeg, etc.) with video player (Windows video player, Potplayer, .etc) never meets black screen.
    5. Rolling graphic cards' drivers back has been tried but not working.
    6. Edge as well as IE has same problem as chrome, so I guess the real problem is about video cards indeed.

Addition:

I seem to recall that weeks ago when I played web video fullscreen on Monitor 2 (which is not main), Windows crashed and went BLUE SCREEN. Though if Monitor 2 set as main the error would not occur according to my tests.

I really want to know why and how to fix. Thank you.

Varg Nord, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Brt08 Win User

Games in Fullscreen don't work on main Monitor

Hey, I have this problem where i cant play my favorite games like CS:GO on my main monitor in FULLSCREEN without the game flickering on launch of just having a black screen. However if i make my second monitor the main display the game works perfectly.
    **** is going on

The monitor im having problems with is the BenQ XL2411Z

The second monitor is LG 29UM65

I find this really important because i run CrossFire and i dont get the benefit of extra fps if im not running the game in FULLSCREEN

(ps: the game runs fine in windowed mode but thats not what i want!)

Brt08, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

1. My monitor screen goes black whenever i play a game in fullscreen - Similar Threads - monitor screen goes

2. PC screen glitches out whenever playing a game in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC screen glitches out whenever playing a game in fullscreen: So recently I was playing my games as normal, closed the game for half an hour-ish and when I got back and opened it, the screen started glitching.Tried with other fullscreen games, same thing.If there is anything like Alt Tab or Windows Menu taking priority in the screen the...
  3. PC screen glitches out whenever playing a game in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC screen glitches out whenever playing a game in fullscreen: So recently I was playing my games as normal, closed the game for half an hour-ish and when I got back and opened it, the screen started glitching.Tried with other fullscreen games, same thing.If there is anything like Alt Tab or Windows Menu taking priority in the screen the...
  4. Monitor goes black when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes black when trying to play games: I recently tried to play RDR2 on my computer and after a bit of playing the screen went black and told me that the HDM cable was not detecting anything, although the computer was noticeably on. I then tried to play other games on my computer after it turned back on and none...
  5. Monitor goes black when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor goes black when trying to play games: I recently tried to play RDR2 on my computer and after a bit of playing the screen went black and told me that the HDM cable was not detecting anything, although the computer was noticeably on. I then tried to play other games on my computer after it turned back on and none...
  6. Monitor goes black when playing some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes black when playing some games.: Hey guys, I'm getting a black screen when playing certain games i.e. rocket league, fall guys, code vein, dying light + more. Unfortunately it doesn't happen on all titles which is weird. The black screen only last for a second and then the game runs perfectly fine, however...
  7. Flickering happening whenever i play a game in fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flickering happening whenever i play a game in fullscreen: I saw another thread like this but it didnt help, basically the computer that i have was updated into windows 10 and was windows 7 before and like mostly i play roblox so whenever i put roblox in fullscreen the screen starts flickering and this also happens to other games...
  8. Monitor goes black in videogames that are fullscreened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes black in videogames that are fullscreened: I have had this pc for a bit more than a year now but just a couple days ago I started having a issue where if I load into a game and it is full screened and only on full screen it crashes within a second of opening the game of within a few minutes. The monitor goes black and...
  9. Black screen when playing games on fullscreen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen when playing games on fullscreen.: Hi, i ve recently bought a new PC and i can t play the games in fullscreen becouse of random blackscreens.I get these blackscreen whenever the frames are changing too much (going into inventory/menu/options/in match) PC SPEC: Ryzen 5 2600 RX 580 8GB VRAM 8GB RAM 600W...
  10. Monitor screen goes black while gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor screen goes black while gaming.: Yesterday i built my first gaming pc, and it seems like i've done everything right but when I launch games I get consistent blackscreens, especially with FreeSync enabled. My specs are: Ryzen 5 2600 ASRock B450m Pro4 mobo 2x8GB G. Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3000 (16ms CAS latency)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. opening games in fullscreen goes to black

3. apps causing monitor to go black.when fullscreen

4. screen goes black after full screen,
  5. Why does my screen go black when I fullscreen a game?