Windows 10: My monitor shuts off and the fans start spinning really fast and its making me nervous.

Discus and support My monitor shuts off and the fans start spinning really fast and its making me nervous. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, I was in the middle of playing some cold-war on my pc and when I was away from my pc and I come back to my monitor being shut off and my fans... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by teako2005, Sep 10, 2021.

1. teako2005 Win User

My monitor shuts off and the fans start spinning really fast and its making me nervous.

Hey, I was in the middle of playing some cold-war on my pc and when I was away from my pc and I come back to my monitor being shut off and my fans screaming at me. Is their any way to prevent this from happening again? I don't wanna have to buy a new computer, If that's the case, I'm not gonna. Also, there was no warning of any sort when this happened, fans kept on spinning for minuets till i did a hard reset on my PC.Thank you, I just want a healthy computer.

:)

teako2005, Sep 10, 2021
  2. arammah Win User

My laptop fan is going crazy and won’t stop spinning

I have had my laptop for abour two years now and it has been working fine until about two weeks ago when the fan started making grinding noises and was on all the time. All of a sudden though my laptop fan started going crazy, it is loud and seems like it
    is spinning really fast. The laptop doesn’t seem to be heating up. I turned off my laptop and left it over night but the next morning when i turned on my laptop the fan starts spinning right away and it still makes the loud noise.

Model:

13-s020nr

arammah, Sep 10, 2021
  3. AlfredAch Win User
    Windows 10 Makes Fan Spin

After installing window 10 on my Lenovo ideapad touchscreen z400, my fan spins too often. I restored back to windows 8 and my fan didn't come on etc like it does on windows 10. I installed windows 10 back and it is doing the same thing? I also noticed
    it is really slow on windows 10.

AlfredAch, Sep 10, 2021
  4. My monitor shuts off and the fans start spinning really fast and its making me nervous.

HP Pavilion 15 randomly shuts down incorrectly if fast startup enabled

I've just updated an HP Pavilion 15 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (Home 64 bit). If fast startup is enabled, the laptop freezes at the very least step of the shutting down process. The shutting down process goes like this:

1. First you click on shut down
    2. The shut down screen appears
    3. The screen turns off and then the fan starts to spin at high speed
    4. After 4-5 seconds, the fan stops
    5. The laptop is completely turned off, no lights are turned on (in most of PC's)

Well, my problem is that randomly, the Pavilion 15 freezes after step 4 has been completed, with the light of the ON/OFF button turned on forever. Sometimes it turns off correctly, but many other times this happens. If I disable the fast startup, this won't happen and it will always turn off correctly.

What can I do?
    How is it that it's random?

I've tested this with no apps running on background, so that can't be the reason, besides, no apps or programs can freeze the system after the step 4 has been completed, since they are all shut down after step 1.

Also, the fast startup option was activated when I was using Windows 8.1 and never had a single problem with this laptop.

rambomhtri, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

My monitor shuts off and the fans start spinning really fast and its making me nervous.

1. My monitor shuts off and the fans start spinning really fast and its making me nervous. - Similar Threads - monitor shuts off

2. Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button: Hi folks,Having a repeat problem over the past month or so. When I use my PC to play a game, I keep getting a crash of sorts. During play my screen shuts off as though it's been disconnected, and the fans on my graphics card spin up fast and just keep going until I do a hard...
  3. Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button: Hi folks,Having a repeat problem over the past month or so. When I use my PC to play a game, I keep getting a crash of sorts. During play my screen shuts off as though it's been disconnected, and the fans on my graphics card spin up fast and just keep going until I do a hard...
  4. pc randomly shuts off and fans spin really fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc randomly shuts off and fans spin really fast: i was playing escape from tarkov when my monitors randomly shut off and my fans spun incredibly fast. I just got an i9-9900k but the temps dont go below 70 degreesfile viewer says:The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the...
  5. pc randomly shuts off and fans spin really fast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc randomly shuts off and fans spin really fast: i was playing escape from tarkov when my monitors randomly shut off and my fans spun incredibly fast. I just got an i9-9900k but the temps dont go below 70 degreesfile viewer says:The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the...
  6. pc randomly shuts off and fans spin really fast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My laptop fan is spinning SO fast in some intervals

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop fan is spinning SO fast in some intervals: Hello!I have Lenovo Ideapad 520 15-IKB 81BF. On 5th of June I removed my hard disk and installed a brand new Samsung 870 EVO Sata III SSD 2,5". I Installed Windows 10 Pro on it and all the drivers I'm supposed to have. On the first reboot I noticed one error when signing in...
  8. Monitor suddenly go to sleep, GPU fans spin fast, have to shut down by press alt+F4 or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor suddenly go to sleep, GPU fans spin fast, have to shut down by press alt+F4 or...: Hello, I’m having this issue over the past few weeks. When I use my computer for few minutes, I keep facing the issue as per state in the subject. During play my screen shuts off as though it's been disconnected, and the fans on my GPU spin up fast and just keep going until...
  9. Monitors Go Black and Fans Spin Fast/ Loud

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitors Go Black and Fans Spin Fast/ Loud: Hi folks, Over the last two or three days my computer is doing this wierd thing where even just in Windows browsing the web the screens will go blank and the fans will start spinning very loud and fast as if on full power. It first happened while in the menu of the...
  10. Both CPU and Fan Spins At the Begining, But Shuts Off before Starting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Both CPU and Fan Spins At the Begining, But Shuts Off before Starting: I have a small HP tower that after a bit of backing up and Upgrading the OS, finally went along to seeing what was wrong with the tower itself. It originally had appeared to be a power supply issue, however, once I replaced the power, and used one of a similar wattage, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. My monitor turns off and all the fans start to spin super fast