Windows 10: My monitor suddenly switched off as my laptop suddenly stopped detecting the external monitor

Discus and support My monitor suddenly switched off as my laptop suddenly stopped detecting the external monitor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using a Lenovo L24e-20 monitor and I've been using it for over a year and it has been working perfectly fine. But just yesterday it suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ethan Lo, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Ethan Lo Win User

My monitor suddenly switched off as my laptop suddenly stopped detecting the external monitor

I am using a Lenovo L24e-20 monitor and I've been using it for over a year and it has been working perfectly fine. But just yesterday it suddenly switched off and I noticed that my PC could only detect the built in monitor of the laptop. I checked the HDMI cable, tried updating and reinstalling the drivers of the display adapter, unplugged the cord of the monitor and restarted my PC, but nothing worked. My monitor is still responding as it still shows the Lenovo logo when I turn it off and on again, so I have no idea what the problem is. Hopefully you guys can find the issue, thank you!

:)

Ethan Lo, Nov 28, 2022
  2. Igal_1234 Win User

Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Original Title: Igal

Hi,

I am using Samsung series 5 Ultra laptop. installed windows 10 and upgraded to office 2015.

my laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor (HDMI connection). checked on a few different cables and monitors but nothing happens.

anyone has any suggestion how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Igal_1234, Nov 28, 2022
  3. RawatH_56 Win User
    External monitor stopped suddenly

My second monitor was working fine but suddenly it stopped detecting it anymore. There no sign of connection. I have tried changing all the connector.

RawatH_56, Nov 28, 2022
  4. My monitor suddenly switched off as my laptop suddenly stopped detecting the external monitor

Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

My monitor suddenly switched off as my laptop suddenly stopped detecting the external monitor

1. My monitor suddenly switched off as my laptop suddenly stopped detecting the external monitor - Similar Threads - monitor suddenly switched

2. External monitor stopped working suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor stopped working suddenly: I have been using an external monitor with my Lenovo laptop. Today it suddenly stopped working. I have tried the following:- connected the monitor and the laptop with an HDMI cable does not work- connected the monitor to docking station, which is connected to the laptop does...
  3. External monitor stopped working suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor stopped working suddenly: I have been using an external monitor with my Lenovo laptop. Today it suddenly stopped working. I have tried the following:- connected the monitor and the laptop with an HDMI cable does not work- connected the monitor to docking station, which is connected to the laptop does...
  4. Why can't my laptop suddenly connect to my external monitors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't my laptop suddenly connect to my external monitors.: Was working Friday and now Monday nothing. I have 2 monitor set ups - one at work and one at home and neither are now connecting. I have restarted, disconnected and reconnected....
  5. Why can't my laptop suddenly connect to my external monitors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't my laptop suddenly connect to my external monitors.: Was working Friday and now Monday nothing. I have 2 monitor set ups - one at work and one at home and neither are now connecting. I have restarted, disconnected and reconnected....
  6. My laptop suddenly stopped recognizing my external monitor which uses an HDMI cable and the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop suddenly stopped recognizing my external monitor which uses an HDMI cable and the...: I have used my laptop for more than a year with an external DELL monitor through an HDMI cable without any problems. Also, brightness buttons had not failed in the past. However, something strange happened because I went to an office yesterday and connected my laptop to the...
  7. My monitor suddenly switched off as my laptop suddenly stopped detecting the external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor suddenly switched off as my laptop suddenly stopped detecting the external monitor: I am using a Lenovo L24e-20 monitor and I've been using it for over a year and it has been working perfectly fine. But just yesterday it suddenly switched off and I noticed that my PC could only detect the built in monitor of the laptop. I checked the HDMI cable, tried...
  8. Laptop suddenly not displaying to external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop suddenly not displaying to external monitor: I am so besides myself. I used my laptop with my 32inch TV as I usually do sometimes to watch movies and, I set the TV to automatically search for best display after choosing the highest resolution possible. The PC notified me that the resolution was too high or something. I...
  9. External monitor stopped suddenly

in Windows 10 Customization
    External monitor stopped suddenly: My second monitor was working fine but suddenly it stopped detecting it anymore. There no sign of connection. I have tried changing all the connector. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitor-stopped-suddenly/e433e86e-aeb3-4353-9b9e-849726c61862
  10. Monitors turned off suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors turned off suddenly: I use a laptop with two connected monitors. This system worked without any problems for a few years. Currently I am facing a random issue. All of a sudden my two monitors went dark and I saw all the apps and files on the laptop screen. I restart the system and the move all...