Windows 10: my monitor turns off randomly

Discus and support my monitor turns off randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; https://www.facebook.com/trollensten/videos/1035799690504941/?notif_id=1631708527745656&notif_t=video_processed&ref=notif this is what it does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by santiagoanelli, Sep 15, 2021.

1. my monitor turns off randomly

https://www.facebook.com/trollensten/videos/1035799690504941/?notif_id=1631708527745656&notif_t=video_processed&ref=notif this is what it does everytime randomly.i managed to record it since when it does this it shows a sideways line on the screen and then suddenly after a few secs after it does that

:)

santiagoanelli, Sep 15, 2021

2. Monitor turns off randomly

My monitor turns off randomly. It comes back on after I restart the computer. Today it took 4 tries.

Also, sometimes the screen randomly becomes magnified. Help?!

Thank you in advance

Anniecreel, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Monitor is going black or distorted white randomly

I have a LCD monitor on my computer. Randomly, the monitor will either go completely black (as if powered off, and the power light turns off) or it will get a distorted frozen white screen (like how your smartphone would look if you dropped it in a toilet and tried to turn it on). Not too surprising, I have not dropped this 21 inch monitor in a toilet. The only way I can get the monitor to work again is by unplugging it and plugging it back in

I'm pretty sure that it is just a dead monitor that needs to be replaced, but a friend suggested that it might just be the power cord, since the monitor will work (like it is now) for hours on end, then suddenly start randomly not working. It's worth checking out, but before dropping money on a new monitor (if it isn't the power cord), can anyone confirm (or strongly suggest) that it is not a CPU issue or video card? Or maybe someone has seen this before?

Steven Rayback, Sep 15, 2021
  4. my monitor turns off randomly

Dual Monitors randomly turning off then on

So i have a user using a Dell Optiplex 7040 on Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit OS. The user complained of her 2 monitors turning off then off randomly while she was working. When the monitors would come back up, all her icons would be rearranged either all
    on one monitor or the other. The 2 monitors she had were rather old and were both using a display port to VGA adapter. I decided to just replace both monitors with 2 brand new Dell P2217H monitors. These monitors had a display port so there was no need for
    adapters any more. I went to check on the user to make sure everything was good and she said it was better. She said that while the monitors still turn off briefly from time to time, her icons no longer are rearranged. I got on her PC and made sure that both
    video drivers are updated, which they were. Basically the same issue is happening, on 2 totally different monitors, so this tells me its the PC, but what? Drivers are updated, the cables are new, and the problem intermittently. Sometimes just the right monitor
    will turn off and the left will stay on, and other times the left monitors turns off and the right stays on. Never together. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

VernonButler, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

my monitor turns off randomly

1. my monitor turns off randomly - Similar Threads - monitor turns off

2. My monitor turns off randomly, but my computer stays on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor turns off randomly, but my computer stays on: When i do anything on my computer for a while about 30 mins, my monitors will go black and say that they’re is ‘no display input’ and the only way i can turn my computer off is by cutting off the power manually on the back. When i unplug my monitor and plug it back in, my...
  3. My monitor turns off randomly, but my computer stays on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor turns off randomly, but my computer stays on: When i do anything on my computer for a while about 30 mins, my monitors will go black and say that they’re is ‘no display input’ and the only way i can turn my computer off is by cutting off the power manually on the back. When i unplug my monitor and plug it back in, my...
  4. My monitor turns off randomly, but my computer stays on

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My monitor turns off randomly, but my computer stays on

6. Monitor's Turn Off Randomly - HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor's Turn Off Randomly - HELP!: HelloRecently I have been experiencing an issue where both my monitors turn off randomly usually when I'm dragging and dropping image/video/audio files into Premier pro and almost puts the PC into sleep mode where I have to wiggle the mouse or the screens come back on after a...
  7. Monitor's Turn Off Randomly - HELP!

Monitor's Turn Off Randomly - HELP!: HelloRecently I have been experiencing an issue where both my monitors turn off randomly usually when I'm dragging and dropping image/video/audio files into Premier pro and almost puts the PC into sleep mode where I have to wiggle the mouse or the screens come back on after a...
  8. Monitor turning on and off randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turning on and off randomly: Ive got 2 monitors, and a gpu thats about a year old, but every so often, the right monitor goes blank and comes back on. This is mostly shown during games, but sometimes during normal use aswell. Sometimes the monitor just completely goes off, but still is registered as I...
  9. Monitor turning on and off randomly

Monitor turning on and off randomly: Ive got 2 monitors, and a gpu thats about a year old, but every so often, the right monitor goes blank and comes back on. This is mostly shown during games, but sometimes during normal use aswell. Sometimes the monitor just completely goes off, but still is registered as I...
  10. Monitor turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns off randomly: My monitor turns off randomly. It comes back on after I restart the computer. Today it took 4 tries. Also, sometimes the screen randomly becomes magnified. Help?! Thank you in advance...