Windows 10: my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver

Discus and support my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have a monitor from AOC that only ran in 60 hz due to a lack of drivers. i tried the same hdmi cable on another pc and monitor with drivers and i got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by andreasaspenber, Jun 2, 2023.

1. my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver

i have a monitor from AOC that only ran in 60 hz due to a lack of drivers. i tried the same hdmi cable on another pc and monitor with drivers and i got 120 hz, which is the limit of that laptop. i tried it on another pc which i know to support 144 hz and it worked. my acer aspire ES1-420 did not have monitor drivers so, i installed them through windows update. when i did that and the driver came online after restarting, it ran in black and white. the integrated monitor still runs in colors. i am at my wits end in terms of how to fix it. the monitor works in colors on my desktop.

:)

andreasaspenber, Jun 2, 2023

2. My monitor turns black and white

When I boot up my two-month-old Windows 10, the monitor displays lovely color. As soon as I enter my password and hit enter, the monitor turns black and white. Suggestions?

JohnWeidler, Jun 2, 2023
  3. Monitor Black and White

hi

i was just cleaning my keyboard, pressed some buttons and now my monitors are in black and white. how do i fix this?

thanks

JamesJenkinsQB, Jun 2, 2023
  4. Ernie San Win User

my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver

Black and white screen

Hello Benjamin,

There are a lot of possible causes why the screen of your computer turns into black/white. This may be an issue with your graphics driver, monitor (hardware) or corrupted system files. For better assistance, we'd like to ask additional information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, can you send us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we recommend using the screen filter keyboard shortcut. Press
    Windows key + Ctrl + C
    to change the color filter.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Jun 2, 2023
Thema:

my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver

1. my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver - Similar Threads - monitor went black

2. Monitor flashes black and white after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor flashes black and white after factory reset.: Factory reset pc and now my pc will prepare windows and then when it starts the screen just flashes black and white.I’ve tried booting from a USB but it seems to just ignore the USB and boot from my SSD.It also says “Nvidia Control Panel not detected. Click here to install.”...
  3. Monitor flashes black and white after factory reset.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor flashes black and white after factory reset.: Factory reset pc and now my pc will prepare windows and then when it starts the screen just flashes black and white.I’ve tried booting from a USB but it seems to just ignore the USB and boot from my SSD.It also says “Nvidia Control Panel not detected. Click here to install.”...
  4. my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver: i have a monitor from AOC that only ran in 60 hz due to a lack of drivers. i tried the same hdmi cable on another pc and monitor with drivers and i got 120 hz, which is the limit of that laptop. i tried it on another pc which i know to support 144 hz and it worked. my acer...
  5. my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my monitor went to black and white after installng its driver: i have a monitor from AOC that only ran in 60 hz due to a lack of drivers. i tried the same hdmi cable on another pc and monitor with drivers and i got 120 hz, which is the limit of that laptop. i tried it on another pc which i know to support 144 hz and it worked. my acer...
  6. Monitors went black

Monitors went black: When trying to setup an external steering wheel for a game, I exited the steam software and all of my monitors went black. I still have power to the pc and everything connected to the pc, just the display wont show on my monitors. I tried switching the display cords from the...
  7. My screen suddenly went to black and white. No color.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My screen suddenly went to black and white. No color.: My screen suddenly went to black and white. No color. so i went to settings>ease of access>and turned off color filter. That didn't work. How can i get my color back?...
  8. 2nd Monitor went black; "Install new Device Driver"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd Monitor went black; "Install new Device Driver": Hello, How/where do I find the newest Driver for my AOC Monitor as part of my Dell Inspiron set-up ? Gary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor-went-black-install-new-device-driver/ce9c2c65-196e-4dfa-a213-f3490d51ff9c
  9. After installing drivers my screen went black

After installing drivers my screen went black: The issue appeared after Windows update and installation of Intel HD610 drivers. I tried to download a game and received flickers and the screen went black. After that I did a lot: rebooted the system, started in safe mode, performed a clean boot, removed the Intel drivers...
  10. Windows went black and white

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows went black and white: I was using my wife's laptop tonight ... and suddenly the screen went black-and-white. Oh crap! If I can't fix this before she wakes up there will be a colossal New Year's Eve screaming match! A quick web search revealed that pressing ctrl-windows-c puts the screen in...