Windows 10: My monitors are showing black colour instead swithing to stanby :/

Discus and support My monitors are showing black colour instead swithing to stanby :/ in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want my monitors to switch off after 5 minutes but after 5 minutes they fade to black but I can clearly see the LEDs beneth the screen is working and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mateusz Duzinkiewicz, Feb 15, 2019.

1. My monitors are showing black colour instead swithing to stanby :/

I want my monitors to switch off after 5 minutes but after 5 minutes they fade to black but I can clearly see the LEDs beneth the screen is working and monitors are working just showing black color instead of switching in to stand by mode. I want to save my monitors and power so this is worst case scenario for monitors to show black color - it consumes the highest amount of power My monitors are showing black colour instead swithing to stanby  :/ :(

Got EVGA RTX 2080 / Windows 10 x64

:)

Mateusz Duzinkiewicz, Feb 15, 2019

2. personalisation of colours windows 10 - colour doesn't show true because overlaid on black

Windows 10 - not sure what version but upgraded from windows 8.1 on 19th July 2016 and everything is up to date.

Microsoft surface pro 3

When I personalise colours by choosing an accent colour and ask for the colour to show on start, taskbar, action centre and title bar the colour I want does not show true but is very muted. This seems to be because it is overlaid on an underlying 'dark'
    theme where windows shows white text on black background. If I don't show the colour on start, taskbar etc these elements stay black with white text. Making the start, task bar etc transparent doesn't solve the problem.

Please does anyone know how to remove the dark theme (if that's what it is) so that personalised colours show correctly (as they did in windows 8.1)?

microsoftdisplayname, Feb 15, 2019
  3. TeamK5 Win User
    Black border around monitor

I tried the steps you suggested and it did not change anything regarding the black border. I am trying to come up with a better explanation, the information on my screen has a black frame around the information on my screen. The display does not go from
    corner to corner of my display monitor. There is a 1 inch thick black bar on the left and right sides and a 1/2 inch thick black bar on the top and bottom. I attached the screen shot per your request but it is only showing the information on the screen up
    to the black frame. I can get rid of the black frame by going to a lower resolution but I didn't think that is the right solution. I should be able to upgrade to windows 10 and still have the recommended resolution for my monitor.
    My monitors are showing black colour instead swithing to stanby  :/ c42c231f-af15-4761-9ce5-5f55905843b8.png

TeamK5, Feb 15, 2019
  4. My monitors are showing black colour instead swithing to stanby :/

colour on monitor

When the computer updated it turned my base colours to black and yellow. Its really hard to look at and follow. I have tried adjusting the colour scheme...background tabs...I even reset the screen to the factory presets...nothing is working

RichardMay1, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

My monitors are showing black colour instead swithing to stanby :/

1. My monitors are showing black colour instead swithing to stanby :/ - Similar Threads - monitors are showing

2. My Monitor is Black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Monitor is Black: I have two monitors hooked up to my PC. It worked just fine then all of a sudden, I logged on and the Samsung monitor designated as Monitor 1 is black. It is on and I have checked all of the cables it works when hooked up to my laptop but I can't get my computer to detect it....
  3. My Monitor is Black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Monitor is Black: I have two monitors hooked up to my PC. It worked just fine then all of a sudden, I logged on and the Samsung monitor designated as Monitor 1 is black. It is on and I have checked all of the cables it works when hooked up to my laptop but I can't get my computer to detect it....
  4. Lost the colour red on my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost the colour red on my monitor: I just woke up and noticed that, there wasn't any red on my monitor, at first i thought my setting were somehow messed up but when I tried fixing it it just wouldn't work, I havnt tried alot but I think I need some help, I'm on windows 10 btw...
  5. Lost the colour red on my monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost the colour red on my monitor: I just woke up and noticed that, there wasn't any red on my monitor, at first i thought my setting were somehow messed up but when I tried fixing it it just wouldn't work, I havnt tried alot but I think I need some help, I'm on windows 10 btw...
  6. Monitor doesn't automatically go to sleep, but shows a black screen instead.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor doesn't automatically go to sleep, but shows a black screen instead.: I've noticed in the last month or so that my monitor no longer automatically goes to sleep. Instead, it just has a black screen with the backlight still on and the normal power LED blue, instead of the sleep LED orange. If I manually put the PC into sleep mode via Start...
  7. Monitor Showing Black Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Showing Black Screen: Hello, I recently updated to windows 10 from windows 7. I used a monitor just fine on windows 7, but I only get a black screen on windows 10. I know what you're thinking, but I've updated all my drivers and tested all my cables and the monitor. They all work separately, but...
  8. Monitor colour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor colour: I have added a monitor to my laptop using VGA cabl, the colour on the laptop is good but on the monitor is very yellow?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-colour/2ea75849-d075-4450-a8db-6dd38eea9375
  9. My Monitor shows RGB colours on any movement if it's fast enough. Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Monitor shows RGB colours on any movement if it's fast enough. Help!: Whenever any fast movement occurs, red, blue, or green colours show up on the edge. When I'm playing games, it's really annoying. Please help! submitted by /u/ClaudeVS [link] [comments]...
  10. Tooltips not showing, showing black box instead

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tooltips not showing, showing black box instead: When I hover over Min, Max and Close for any program like IE, Outlook, Skype, Windows Explorer. The tooltips are black boxes. It normally shows a text box saying Minimize, Maximize or Close. I am getting black boxes instead... Its almost like it is trying but cannot do it...