Windows 10: My monitor's resolution suddenly changed, and there is no color after rebooting.

Discus and support My monitor's resolution suddenly changed, and there is no color after rebooting. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was playing with my friends and it stopped working all of the sudden after making it error sound, I rebooted my PC after trying to unplug it and plug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by evanstidam, Sep 17, 2019.

1. My monitor's resolution suddenly changed, and there is no color after rebooting.

I was playing with my friends and it stopped working all of the sudden after making it error sound, I rebooted my PC after trying to unplug it and plug it back in but it didn't work, once I rebooted it turned gray and the resolution got really low, the monitor still displays color, but once it gets into windows it's messed up, I am not very experienced with this type of thing, so I would really appreciate help, as this is also not my PC, and is my brothers.

:)

evanstidam, Sep 17, 2019

2. Monitor resolution

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with screen resolution. I will try to help you in fixing the issue.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

What exactly happens when you try to change the screen resolution? Do you get any error message?

The recommended resolution on windows 10 is 1920 x 1080. Change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and check.

The reason why your display was stretched sideways is because the resolution was in-corrected.

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.
    Hope the information was helpful

Nachappa C K, Sep 17, 2019
  3. JD Meyer Win User
    Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Sep 17, 2019
  4. My monitor's resolution suddenly changed, and there is no color after rebooting.

Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

My monitor's resolution suddenly changed, and there is no color after rebooting.

1. My monitor's resolution suddenly changed, and there is no color after rebooting. - Similar Threads - monitor's resolution suddenly

2. Forced to Reboot PC When it Freezes After Changing Monitor Resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced to Reboot PC When it Freezes After Changing Monitor Resolutions: Hello, everyone. This has been an extremely jarring mystery for me that I have spent months trying to figure out what causes it. I have two Asus VG278 144Hz monitors, both of them hooked up via DisplayPort. I always have them running at 144 FPS. Here's the issue, though....
  3. Forced to Reboot PC When it Freezes After Changing Monitor Resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forced to Reboot PC When it Freezes After Changing Monitor Resolutions: Hello, everyone. This has been an extremely jarring mystery for me that I have spent months trying to figure out what causes it. I have two Asus VG278 144Hz monitors, both of them hooked up via DisplayPort. I always have them running at 144 FPS. Here's the issue, though....
  4. Forced to Reboot PC When it Freezes After Changing Monitor Resolutions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Resolution Suddenly Changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Resolution Suddenly Changed: I booted up my windows 10 and found out it has been switched to 1660 x 900 instead of the 1440 x 900 I usually stay with. Not really a long sentence, but quite crucial for me since I've been using 1440 x 900 for the past few years and this happens. My graphics card is a...
  6. Windows Resolution Suddenly Changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Resolution Suddenly Changed: I booted up my windows 10 and found out it has been switched to 1660 x 900 instead of the 1440 x 900 I usually stay with. Not really a long sentence, but quite crucial for me since I've been using 1440 x 900 for the past few years and this happens. My graphics card is a...
  7. Changing Colors for the Monitor

Changing Colors for the Monitor: I need to know whether it is possible to configure the system to display a certain color differently. For example, I want to change the white color to dark yellow, so that the monitor may never display 100 percent white color, displaying the specified yellow hue instead....
  8. sudden color changes

sudden color changes: Alright, for the past month or so, once every week roughly, my taskbar color, as well as the general window color has changed from my preferred dark to light on its own. By that i mean the choice given in the colors tab under the personalization menu. I don't know what is...
  9. Resolution of second monitor messed up after resolution change

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution of second monitor messed up after resolution change: I changed the resolution of my second monitor (Emmrson 19" TV, my first monitor is a BenQ 27") and now it no longer fits on the screen, even if I put it back to the resolution it was in before. I have tried to change the scaling on it but that didn't work. Also, as soon as...
  10. Blurry Monitor after resolution change

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry Monitor after resolution change: Hi. I've read through a number of similar problems but can't find a solution. I have a 28 inch Samsung 4K monitor but was running it on its recommended resolution of 1920x1080. Everything looked clear and good. I switched it to 4K to see what the difference was. Since I...