Windows 10: My monitors won’t go to sleep. They turn on immediately after going idle. What could be the...

Discus and support My monitors won’t go to sleep. They turn on immediately after going idle. What could be the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ayonick [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mbh2a0/my_monitors_wont_go_to_sleep_they_turn_on/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ayonick, Mar 23, 2021.

1. My monitors won’t go to sleep. They turn on immediately after going idle. What could be the...

/u/ayonick, Mar 23, 2021

2. Monitors won't go to sleep... Why?

Weird, I've got a nvidia card, two monitors and also a logitech mouse and zero issues with monitor sleep (nor downclocking). Check your osd, they might have some sort of a setting for sleep.

What software is running ?

I've got afterburner,xtu,utorrent,samsung magician,uplay,steam,rtss,logitech software,irst,geforce experience and killer network app running 24/7, and usually youtube is running on autoplay when I go to sleep.

Mine is running 24/7 cause why not. I download a crapload of videos (tv shows mostly) and it does not shorten the lifespan of anything as long as the pc is idling fine (the cpu,gpu,ssds and monitors). My hdds are pretty much doing something 24/7 but the pc still turns off the monitor when I'm not touching the peripherials. Even when my phone and watch start recharging automatically it does not wake up the monitors.

cucker tarlson, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]

The situation:

• When shutting down, the laptop proceeds as normal until the screen turns off.
    • After the screen turns off, it takes a while for the battery LED to go off.
    • After that the power led remains on and it looks like the laptop is stuck in this state forever.
    • When I try to get my laptop to sleep, something similar happens; the power led remains on, the battery led turns off and the laptop appears to be stuck in this state.
    My laptop is: Asus FX553VD.

What I've tried:

• I have tried to troubleshoot power management and power options.
    • Tried clean boot.
    • Updated the BIOS.
    • Reinstalled windows and tried shutdown and sleep (without installing the drivers and stuff), however that didn't work either.

Additional Info:

• I have multiple operating systems installed in my laptop, however this problem persists on windows only (the OSes are installed on different drives).
    • The disk usage is abnormally high.
    • There are spikes in CPU usage that kick up the fan really fast while idle.

Please suggest other ideas as to what I should do?

[It appears that the only option I have left is to reinstall everything]

10gic-80m8, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Jonas Flo Win User

My monitors won’t go to sleep. They turn on immediately after going idle. What could be the...

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

My monitors won’t go to sleep. They turn on immediately after going idle. What could be the...

1. My monitors won’t go to sleep. They turn on immediately after going idle. What could be the... - Similar Threads - monitors won’t sleep

2. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer: Hello,I recently got a new graphics card as well as monitors. Suddenly, my monitors will not go to sleep after the 10 minutes specified in the power settings. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card, gone through every single advanced power setting, gone through all...
  3. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer: Hello,I recently got a new graphics card as well as monitors. Suddenly, my monitors will not go to sleep after the 10 minutes specified in the power settings. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card, gone through every single advanced power setting, gone through all...
  4. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Monitors not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors not going to sleep: I have managed to find out why my monitors are not going to sleep by running powercfg /requestsC:\Users\Clayton>powercfg /requests DISPLAY: [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exeHow do I fix this?...
  6. Monitors not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors not going to sleep: I have managed to find out why my monitors are not going to sleep by running powercfg /requestsC:\Users\Clayton>powercfg /requests DISPLAY: [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exeHow do I fix this?...
  7. Monitor going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor going to sleep: Hey,I've a problem with here. When i connect my HP monitor to acer Aspire v5 using a VGA cable,the monitor goes to sleep and when i disconnect it,it wakes up saying checking for video cables...
  8. Computer won’t go to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won’t go to sleep: Something in the system isn’t letting my computer go to sleep and I’ve tried everything, I’m open to tip because I have it set to 5 minutes until it should go to sleep but it will stay on all day. submitted by /u/SilverPhantom66 [link] [comments]...
  9. Computer won’t go to sleep!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer won’t go to sleep!: My Windows 10 desktop is set to go to sleep after two hours of inactivity in the power settings, but it rarely goes to sleep even if I haven’t used it for much greater than two hours. Not a major issue but I would like to know why. Nothing else is apparently running that...
  10. PC won’t go into sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won’t go into sleep.: I’ve had my desktop for a few months now and it’s never had this problem. Whenever I want to put the PC into sleep mode, I click the Windows button, then power, then sleep. Usually the monitor will go black followed by the mouse and keyboard lights turning off. The fans will...