Windows 10: My mother in law cannot reset her password

Discus and support My mother in law cannot reset her password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; She listed her land line as the contact telephone for password resets and the only option is to send a text which her land line cannot receive. She... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BethanyCrease, Nov 21, 2020.

1. My mother in law cannot reset her password

She listed her land line as the contact telephone for password resets and the only option is to send a text which her land line cannot receive. She also never uses her outlook email, so we are not able to confirm the last emails she sent because as far as she is aware she's never sent an email from that account.

:)

BethanyCrease, Nov 21, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Mother-in-law fell for a "Windows support" scam. Can I save her laptop?

My mother-in-law fell for a Windows scam. Apparently a window popped up telling her that her computer had a virus, and she should call this number where they would clean it up for her. To cut a long story short, she gave them her credit card number and enabled remote access.

Credit cards have now been cancelled and we're going to (on another computer) change mother-in-law's password for every web service.

The laptop is now shut down and in my physical possession. I do not want to boot it up: they could have installed anything (trojans, keyloggers), which even Avast may not be able to defend against, right?

My plan is to remove the hard drive, mount it on another machine, and copy off any important files.

After that, what's the safest way of resurrecting it? Can I reinstall Windows on the drive without first booting it up? Or is it safe to boot up for the sole purpose of initiating a factory reset?

What other steps should I be considering?

Graham Borland, Nov 21, 2020
  4. mlee49 Win User

My mother in law cannot reset her password

mlee49, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

My mother in law cannot reset her password

1. My mother in law cannot reset her password - Similar Threads - mother law cannot

2. Elderly mother had lost access to her windowslive account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elderly mother had lost access to her windowslive account: My elderly mother has lost access to her windowslive account, all recovery options have been tried and failed so we don't know what to do to regain access. What other options outside of receiving a code via text message or the recovery information form? Neither of these...
  3. Elderly mother had lost access to her windowslive account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elderly mother had lost access to her windowslive account: My elderly mother has lost access to her windowslive account, all recovery options have been tried and failed so we don't know what to do to regain access. What other options outside of receiving a code via text message or the recovery information form? Neither of these...
  4. Widnows 11 password reset after mother baord changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widnows 11 password reset after mother baord changes: Hi Team,This is Ravichandran I recently changed my dell laptop mother board.From there on I could not able to login as it is not recognizing either pin or fingerprint.And Also my old password also not working....
  5. My mother has dementia and MS keeps charging her for a support plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mother has dementia and MS keeps charging her for a support plan: My mother has dementia and MS keeps charging her for a support plan. I don't have her computer, I don't have her sign in and password, I don't have ANYTHING. Other articles on MS lead me to an email to send if a parent died. The email came back with errors. This is totally...
  6. My mother has dementia and MS keeps charging her for a support plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mother has dementia and MS keeps charging her for a support plan: My mother has dementia and MS keeps charging her for a support plan. I don't have her computer, I don't have her sign in and password, I don't have ANYTHING. Other articles on MS lead me to an email to send if a parent died. The email came back with errors. This is totally...
  7. Cannot reset my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot reset my password: I cannot reset my password i forgot it entirley i had step 2 verification and it goes to a phone number which i dont have anymore becuase someone stole my phone. i tried resetting through email but they still requirted my phone number ID like to get my password back thanks...
  8. Help logging out of my mother-in-law's computer!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help logging out of my mother-in-law's computer!: I visited my in-laws a few months ago and used my mother-in-law's computer. I logged into Edge to get my bookmarks, and now it thinks that my MS account belongs on her computer. I went to devices on my MS account and deleted her laptop 3 times, but it keeps coming back. Any...
  9. My mother allowed a caller access to her computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My mother allowed a caller access to her computer.: My mother got a caller pretending to be an agent from McAfee needing to update her virus software and she gave him access to her pc. When she realized what she had done, she turned off her computer, hung up on the guy and stopped answering her phone. My sister has already...
  10. I cannot reset my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot reset my password: I forgot my password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-reset-my-password/1e7bd5cf-a752-439e-8cd7-dfedb80a633c"