Windows 10: My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key

Discus and support My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Florence Low, Dec 11, 2023.

1. My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key

My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key

:)

Florence Low, Dec 11, 2023
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Activation of windows key after motherboard replacement.

Hi Nitin

Replacing a motherboard is a major hardware change . . .

Is your Windows 10 licence based on an OEM licence (came pre-installed on a PC) or Retail (purchased separately to a PC)

If it is a Retail licence, then it will have transfer rights to a new Motherboard or PC, if it is OEM it will not . ..

Is your Windows 10 licence a Retail Licence?

Here is the Microsoft page on the steps to take before replacing the motherboard so your licence is transferred successfully:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/...

DaveM121, Dec 11, 2023
  3. Activation of windows key after motherboard replacement.

Thank sir for your response. I have gone from the above link.In this I found that if window came pre-installed and if I made change for motherboard after Linking my Microsoft account with windows digital license then I can reactivate my genuine window.

Sir if link content is verified then I think I can go for motherboard replacement.

NitinAgrawal21, Dec 11, 2023
  4. LoisBlack Win User

My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key

Motherboard Replacement

Hi just recently finished building my new pc, purchased Win 10 (from the MS store) and everything was going good until my motherboard died on me. I'm getting a replacement sent to me next week but obviously I'm worried about having to rebuy Windows 10
    twice in 2 weeks. Is there anyway to get the licence transferred to a new mbo?

LoisBlack, Dec 11, 2023
Thema:

1. My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key - Similar Threads - motherboard died replaced

2. My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key: My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-motherboard-died-i-replaced-the-motherboard-how/67f1cb11-ee4a-4239-964f-cbd2726f50a0
  3. My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key: My motherboard died. I replaced the motherboard. How do I recover my Windows 10 licence key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-motherboard-died-i-replaced-the-motherboard-how/67f1cb11-ee4a-4239-964f-cbd2726f50a0
  4. My motherboard died and I had to replace it, now I can't activate windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My motherboard died and I had to replace it, now I can't activate windows: I had already had a very bad experience RMAing that same motherboard. I actually had to pay for a warranty repair? Than the problem persisted even after it was "fixed". I couldn't get any answers either via e-mails or phone calls.Shortly after reinstalling the board I smelled...
  5. My motherboard died and I had to replace it, now I can't activate windows

My motherboard died and I had to replace it, now I can't activate windows: I had already had a very bad experience RMAing that same motherboard. I actually had to pay for a warranty repair? Than the problem persisted even after it was "fixed". I couldn't get any answers either via e-mails or phone calls.Shortly after reinstalling the board I smelled...
  6. Do I need a new windows key after replacing motherboard?

Do I need a new windows key after replacing motherboard?: I'm currently running Windows 10 Home. I just bought some new PC components CPU, motherboard, RAM. Do I need a new windows 10 activation key or can I use the one on my current system?...
  7. I replaced my motherboard.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I replaced my motherboard.: I have a digital license. Window 10 will not activate. My new motherboard is linked to my Microsoft account. The troubleshooter does not resolve my issue. How do I activate Windows 10 on my computer with the new motherboard?...
  8. How do I reset my Windows 10 after replacing motherboard

How do I reset my Windows 10 after replacing motherboard: After some performance issues my Windows 10 Sony Vaio finally stopped working, I took it to the shop and they said it was the motherboard and basically were not prepared to do any more. Out of interest I did look and found a working motherboard for my laptop on Ebay and...
  9. Motherboard died, can I use my Windows 10 with a new motherboard and hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Motherboard died, can I use my Windows 10 with a new motherboard and hard drive?: Hello, my Gigabyte motherboard died and I will have to replace it with another but newer Gigabyte motherboard. I have Windows 10 64 bit installed on a hardrive which I plan to keep and use with the new build. I do not plan to boot from that drive but from a new 1 terabyte...
  10. I replaced my Motherboard

I replaced my Motherboard: My motherboard failed and replaced it, the question is can I activate my Windows License again on this new motherboard? I don't have money to buy a new one at the moment, if there is any way to install again the same Windows let me know please...