Windows 10: my motherboard has failed.

Discus and support my motherboard has failed. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The hdmi and 2 usb ports stopped working. Since it is an 1155 socket board, it will be costly to replace. What kind of work is involved if I keep this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DennisGingras, Oct 20, 2020.

1. my motherboard has failed.

The hdmi and 2 usb ports stopped working. Since it is an 1155 socket board, it will be costly to replace. What kind of work is involved if I keep this computer and just replace the board Most likely with a refurbished one It is a computer I built with retail parts and a full retail version windows 10.

:)

DennisGingras, Oct 20, 2020

2. Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 20, 2020
  4. chideock Win User

my motherboard has failed.

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

my motherboard has failed.

1. my motherboard has failed. - Similar Threads - motherboard has failed

2. Failing Motherboard? Faulty Ram?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failing Motherboard? Faulty Ram?: Hello So i had a question early about a my windows 10 being corrupt spent the last couple of hours fiddling with my pc and got to the stage where i realise 4 sticks of ram breaks my pc causing me bluescreens and infinite boot loops. Tried it with 1 stick 2 stick and 3 sticks...
  3. Failing Motherboard? Faulty Ram?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failing Motherboard? Faulty Ram?: Hello So i had a question early about a my windows 10 being corrupt spent the last couple of hours fiddling with my pc and got to the stage where i realise 4 sticks of ram breaks my pc causing me bluescreens and infinite boot loops. Tried it with 1 stick 2 stick and 3 sticks...
  4. Failing Motherboard? Faulty Ram?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Failing to Detect Motherboard Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Failing to Detect Motherboard Devices: I'm trying to troubleshoot why Windows fails to detect my motherboard's onboard devices explicitly pertaining to Wireless network functionality and Bluetooth. So far, I have attempted to reinstall the wireless drivers. However, Windows is still failing to detect them. When...
  6. Replacing motherboard with same motherboard as sound failed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replacing motherboard with same motherboard as sound failed.: Hello, I'm just wondering if I will have to get a new Windows Product Key after replacing my current motherboard with the same Model. Rather not pay for Windows again as the only reason I need to replace the motherboard is because I've lost sound. I have the exact model of...
  7. Motherboard dashboard has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Motherboard dashboard has disappeared.: Hi there, I just installed a new Gigabyte z390 motherboard to my PC and managed to access the motherboard's dashboard. Upon installing Windows 10 pro, the dashboard which has got my UEFI settings along with a heap of other things are no longer accessible, all I get is a...
  8. Windows Activation failed after changing my motherboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Activation failed after changing my motherboard: I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu and now a pop-up appears on the bottom right telling me to activate Windows. I have troubleshoot and exhausted every option in Settings but to no avail. I have even scheduled calls with Microsoft using the "Get Help" option on the...
  9. my motherboard is failing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    my motherboard is failing: my motherboard is failing, so I am upgrading it. How do I get my win10 license on new motherboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-motherboard-is-failing/37a12529-6091-4ae1-ba73-0abf5ef4118d"
  10. motherboard failed or something else?

in Windows 10 Support
    motherboard failed or something else?: Recently I have upgraded ram and GPU on my PC, since then PC had failed with many bluescreen thread stuck in driver etc and freeze, with livekernalevent 141. Number of things I have done all failed. 1. swapped the ram from PC which was running fine, my new ram running ok on...