Windows 10: My mother's USB shows full storage usage BUT it doesn't show anything.

Discus and support My mother's USB shows full storage usage BUT it doesn't show anything. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Avast found a little malware but it's under control, however it doesn't show anything. It's almost 4 Gb of used storage but literally the folders don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Felipe_AP, Jun 15, 2020.

1. My mother's USB shows full storage usage BUT it doesn't show anything.

Avast found a little malware but it's under control, however it doesn't show anything. It's almost 4 Gb of used storage but literally the folders don't appear.

EDIT: I tried compressing to .rar the USB files from outside but when it was at 8% showed an error during the compression. Ideas?

submitted by /u/Felipe_AP
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Felipe_AP, Jun 15, 2020

2. The Phone Storage Usage Is Showing More Space

Hi I'm having Lumia 640 XL . The storage usage of phone is showing pending updates and preview builds of 49.9 MB . Sometimes it shows 6.85 GB used out of 7.28 GB and sometimes it shows 6.70 GB . I have removed some apps from the phone memory and moved
    to SD card then also it is showing the same storage of the phone .

Pls suggest what to do . I think there are pending updates worth %) MB but they are still pending . What to do ? Pls suggest .

Mukesh Lala, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - settings - storage usage - other?

Hi Steve,

It's possible that some folders are not showing under the Storage usage >
    Others since they are hidden. Though they are hidden, the space that they are taking will still be counted under
    Storage usage > Others. You'll have to identify what files and folder are hidden with the steps below:

• Type hidden in Cortana, the Windows search bar or your task bar.
    • Select Show hidden files and folders from the result.
    • Go to View tab.
    • Enable the Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    • Hit Apply, then click OK.

Once you're done with these steps, try checking the Storage usage again and see if it will match.

Let us know if it addressed your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Zuzas Win User

My mother's USB shows full storage usage BUT it doesn't show anything.

Windows 10 showing USB storage device that does not exist

Again, thank you very much for your reply and trying to help me.

I did exactly as you suggested. Entered registry editor and deleted those 2 entries you listed. After that, i restarted my PC.

Everything is the same, the drive is still showing. It appears on the device manager list as "Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device".

Any kind of information you need me to provide, just ask.

Zuzas, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

My mother's USB shows full storage usage BUT it doesn't show anything.

1. My mother's USB shows full storage usage BUT it doesn't show anything. - Similar Threads - mother's USB shows

2. My taskbar is broken, it doesn't show anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar is broken, it doesn't show anything: My taskbar is broken, it doesn't show anything, and i need to fix it right nowdo not reinstall windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-is-broken-it-doesnt-show-anything/ea5ddd9d-c91b-4044-965e-621fad872399
  3. My taskbar is broken, it doesn't show anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar is broken, it doesn't show anything: My taskbar is broken, it doesn't show anything, and i need to fix it right nowdo not reinstall windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-is-broken-it-doesnt-show-anything/ea5ddd9d-c91b-4044-965e-621fad872399
  4. My taskbar is broken, it doesn't show anything

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My laptop doesn't show anything when I turn it on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop doesn't show anything when I turn it on: When I turn my laptop on the only thing I see is the light turn on and the fans starting but, the screen it's a laptop so the monitor is connected just gets slightly darker, no lenovo logo or nothing... I have tried windows re but...
  6. Windows showing incorrect storage usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows showing incorrect storage usage: My valorant app in control panel programs shows it uses 2.74terabytes of storage usage but my pc only has 500+ gb storage I dont know how to fix this...
  7. Showing Incorrect Storage Usage

Showing Incorrect Storage Usage: When I go to storage settings, it says that Valorant takes up 328GB of storage, which it obviously doesn't, it takes up around 10GB of storage. Also, I tried to uninstall Valorant to see if the '328GB' is gone, but when it said 'Valorant has been uninstalled" my PC crashes...
  8. Storage spaces doesn't show some of my drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage spaces doesn't show some of my drives: I have a 250GB SSD with the operating system, 2 identical 1.8 TB Hard Drives and a 1TB drive: I want to mirror the 2 identical drives in Storage Spaces, but only the 1TB and one of the 1.8 TB drives are visible in Storage spaces All drives are visible and accessible with...
  9. Windows defender doesn't show anything.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender doesn't show anything.: So i wanted to scan a file with windows defender , the option wasn't there so i decided to open it and do it that way. But when i opened it it shows just this. How do i fix this? [ATTACH]...
  10. SSD showing full storage, but barely anything installed.

SSD showing full storage, but barely anything installed.: All I have downloaded on my SSD is Windows and a couple of drivers for audio, chipset etc. But when I check to see how to free space up, it says 80 gb are in downloads and applications, but when I go to the uninstall and make it the ssd drive sorted by largest files first it...