Windows 10: My mouse and keyboard suddenly stop working but the LED lights on the keyboard and mouse...

Discus and support My mouse and keyboard suddenly stop working but the LED lights on the keyboard and mouse... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The mouse keeps disconnecting when I'm playing or just even browsing the internet, this happens frequently and then just reconnects immediately, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shdddwww, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Shdddwww Win User

My mouse and keyboard suddenly stop working but the LED lights on the keyboard and mouse...

The mouse keeps disconnecting when I'm playing or just even browsing the internet, this happens frequently and then just reconnects immediately, but this causes a huge problem while playing games as it stops the mouse from moving for a second. But the huge problem is when my mouse and keyboard stop working simultaneously, they freeze and I can't type or use the mouse, but their LED lights are still on. For them to work again I need to un-plug and then plug them again.I already tried connecting to different ports and I also have updated the drivers, but it doesn't help at all. I used the mouse

:)

Shdddwww, Apr 20, 2023

2. Computer mouse and keyboard not working

Was on my computer when suddenly my mouse and keyboard stopped working. Tried turning it off and on still nothing , the LEDs on my keyboard still light up and the laser at the bottom of my mouse still lights up but doesn't do anything , I cant do anything ,can't log in ,I tried getting a bootable USB to try repair my windows but I can't use my mouse to click on anything . Both mouse and keyboard work on my brother's computer. His mouse and keyboard did not work on mine . Tried all the usb ports none of them work

Peter 2727ho, Apr 20, 2023
  3. External Mouse and Volume Keys on External Keyboard Stopped Working

I've been using an external mouse and keyboard with my laptop for a while now. A few days ago, the mouse stopped working. It's a wired mouse and the red light comes on when it's plugged in. At the same time, the top row of keys on my wired keyboard stopped working (the volume controls, mail button, home, customizable buttons, etc.). When I plug the mouse in, it appears under Other Devices in the Device Manager, listed twice as a USB Input Device. When I try to update the driver automatically, it says Windows was unable to. The mouse doesn't work in safe mode. I tried a wireless mouse as well and it doesn't work either. My external keyboard shows up under keyboards as an HID Keyboard Device and Windows says the best drivers for my device are already installed. I've tried all three USB ports and the mouse works on another computer. The built-in keyboard and touch pad on my laptop still work fine. What else can I do? Thanks in advance.

purplewalrus, Apr 20, 2023
  4. My mouse and keyboard suddenly stop working but the LED lights on the keyboard and mouse...

keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 20, 2023
Thema:

My mouse and keyboard suddenly stop working but the LED lights on the keyboard and mouse...

1. My mouse and keyboard suddenly stop working but the LED lights on the keyboard and mouse... - Similar Threads - mouse keyboard suddenly

2. My keyboard and mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard and mouse stopped working: Widows 10 pro 64-bitwindows update version 1909 4gb rab 256gb ssdIntelR coreTM i5-5200 CPU @2.20GHzMy problem is:My keyboard and mouse stopped working after update but some of its keywords work like alt+f4 tab, num lock keys, etc,And after some times spend my mouse and...
  3. My keyboard and mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard and mouse stopped working: Widows 10 pro 64-bitwindows update version 1909 4gb rab 256gb ssdIntelR coreTM i5-5200 CPU @2.20GHzMy problem is:My keyboard and mouse stopped working after update but some of its keywords work like alt+f4 tab, num lock keys, etc,And after some times spend my mouse and...
  4. My keyboard and mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly: This is kind of complicated, but I'm hoping someone has some insight.I have an All In One HP running Windows 10. Lately it's been doing some odd things -- gets unresponsive and requires a restart, which has always helped.Today the keyboard and mouse stopped working all of a...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly: This is kind of complicated, but I'm hoping someone has some insight.I have an All In One HP running Windows 10. Lately it's been doing some odd things -- gets unresponsive and requires a restart, which has always helped.Today the keyboard and mouse stopped working all of a...
  7. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My mouse and keyboard suddenly stop working but the LED lights on the keyboard and mouse...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse and keyboard suddenly stop working but the LED lights on the keyboard and mouse...: The mouse keeps disconnecting when I'm playing or just even browsing the internet, this happens frequently and then just reconnects immediately, but this causes a huge problem while playing games as it stops the mouse from moving for a second. But the huge problem is when my...
  9. My mouse and keyboard suddenly stop working but the LED lights on the keyboard and mouse...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse and keyboard suddenly stop working but the LED lights on the keyboard and mouse...: The mouse keeps disconnecting when I'm playing or just even browsing the internet, this happens frequently and then just reconnects immediately, but this causes a huge problem while playing games as it stops the mouse from moving for a second. But the huge problem is when my...
  10. My keyboard and mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My keyboard and mouse stopped working: my Lenovo will not wake up from hybernation unless I reboot. While trying to figure this out my keyboard and mouse stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-and-mouse-stopped-working/369b7251-0044-4413-9882-9250df86d1b5