Windows 10: My Mouse and Touchpad are not working combined... Searched for days and days, but no help.

Discus and support My Mouse and Touchpad are not working combined... Searched for days and days, but no help. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I want to use my touchpad and keyboard at the same time, but as some of you may know, it just doesn't work. I've searched but gotten no help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dhanwanth Parameswar, Nov 18, 2020.

1. My Mouse and Touchpad are not working combined... Searched for days and days, but no help.

Hello!

I want to use my touchpad and keyboard at the same time, but as some of you may know, it just doesn't work. I've searched but gotten no help at all, just upvoting would help a lot. Here are the details, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 320 with an ELAN Smart-Pad, I've seen tutorials online, but they all don't help because I don't see any in my settings. I have tried lowering palm tracking and sensitivity, but they don't work. Please leave a comment if you know anything. I've heard you can fix the problem by going into the registry editor, but I don't know where to look.

Thanks for any help!

P.S. Which person made it so that there isn't an option to turn this off easily?

:)

Dhanwanth Parameswar, Nov 18, 2020

2. Double click on touchpad and mouse not working

2 or 3 days ago double click to open files and quit working w/the mouse and the touchpad.

I see no settings describing double clicking in for the mouse or touchpad. I have gone to the device manager and looked for mouse driver updates - there are none. I do not see the touchpad listed in device manager.

I am using an ASUS FX504 i5 8th gen.

I appreciate any help.

Sarah Cynthia SylviaStout, Nov 18, 2020
  3. cauyao615 Win User
    Mouse and touchpad not working

Hey did exactly what you suggested and the first time i did it the mouse cursor became visible, it was at the center of the screen but i still couldnt make it move with the touchpad and i plugged in my usb mouse and that doesnt work too. I did it a few moret times but cursor never showed up again and still could make either the touchpad or the mouse to work. Do you have anymore suggestion?

cauyao615, Nov 18, 2020
  4. nxavis9 Win User

My Mouse and Touchpad are not working combined... Searched for days and days, but no help.

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

My Mouse and Touchpad are not working combined... Searched for days and days, but no help.

1. My Mouse and Touchpad are not working combined... Searched for days and days, but no help. - Similar Threads - Mouse Touchpad are

2. Working on updates for a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Working on updates for a day: My laptop has been working on updates for about a day I've tried everything except resetting I don't know if I need to wait cause sometimes it gets to 100% then restarts the computer and does the whole process again I haven't updated my computer in awhile but I don't think...
  3. Working on updates for a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Working on updates for a day: My laptop has been working on updates for about a day I've tried everything except resetting I don't know if I need to wait cause sometimes it gets to 100% then restarts the computer and does the whole process again I haven't updated my computer in awhile but I don't think...
  4. Working on updates for a day

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The Search is Not Showing Quote of the Day, Word of the Day etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Search is Not Showing Quote of the Day, Word of the Day etc.: I installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 and previously in the Search flyout it used to show pictures about what happened on that specific day and all that stuff. But now the right-hand side pane is empty and nothing is shown there. By clicking the three-dot menu it asks me to...
  6. The Search is Not Showing Quote of the Day, Word of the Day etc.

The Search is Not Showing Quote of the Day, Word of the Day etc.: I installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 and previously in the Search flyout it used to show pictures about what happened on that specific day and all that stuff. But now the right-hand side pane is empty and nothing is shown there. By clicking the three-dot menu it asks me to...
  7. my touchpad is not working since 2 or 3 days.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my touchpad is not working since 2 or 3 days.: my touchpad is not working. i am working after connecting the mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touchpad-is-not-working-since-2-or-3-days/3a3bd5e0-9d22-4b09-8751-d6eaeb0b575f
  8. my touchpad is not working since 2 or 3 days.

my touchpad is not working since 2 or 3 days.: my touchpad is not working. i am working after connecting the mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touchpad-is-not-working-since-2-or-3-days/3a3bd5e0-9d22-4b09-8751-d6eaeb0b575f
  9. I need help with my mouse. its been a few days that its not working..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need help with my mouse. its been a few days that its not working..: just phoof. not working out of nowhere. it has happened before but when i used to keep my laptop shut down for a long time, the problem got fixed by itself. orr when i update my windows it got fixed but neither of that is working now.. my windows fully updated and ive given a...
  10. Mouse Scroll stopped working for 11th day in a row

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse Scroll stopped working for 11th day in a row: My mouse scroll continuously stops working, I have tried all the advice including clean boot. It is a not hardware as when I tap the scroll button it registers. I am using a CiT Avenger gaming mouse. Is there someway to restore the function so this stops happening...