Windows 10: my mouse cursor if flickering and dissapears when not moving?

Discus and support my mouse cursor if flickering and dissapears when not moving? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My mouse cursor is flickering constantly when I move it and disappears when not moving. Changed mouse's and problem still persists. Have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by garyadams4, Feb 10, 2019.

1. my mouse cursor if flickering and dissapears when not moving?

Hello,

My mouse cursor is flickering constantly when I move it and disappears when not moving. Changed mouse's and problem still persists. Have to shut down the computer for it to work normally again but that doesn't last long. I've been told that I may need to reinstall the drive but if I uninstall then how do I navigate to reinstall?

:)

garyadams4, Feb 10, 2019

2. Mouse Cursor Moving Spontaneously

Hey All,

I have an MSI GE72 2QD Apache Pro laptop with Windows 10 64-Bit OS. I use a wireless Logitech M510 mouse.

My problem is that my mouse cursor will move spontaneously at different times and start randomly clicking on things. Super annoying.

Things I have done to try to revert the issue:

• Made sure my drivers for both the touchpad and wireless mouse were fully updated.
    • Rolled-back the drivers to see if that would fix the problem.
    • Completely uninstalled the drivers and then reinstalled them.
    • Disabled the touchpad, which does work, but I don't want to keep it this way.
    Since disabling the touchpad is the only thing that seems to work, I am thinking it has something to do with that.

Any suggestions or tips that might resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Johnw28020, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Mouse Disconnects, Cursor Dissapears

Hi Aaron,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

What is the make and model number of the system?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with mouse. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your hardware.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Hardware troubleshooter
    Method 2:

I suggest you to update all the drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select
      Device manger
    • Select Mouse and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on
      Update
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    Hope this helps. Please reply us back if you need any assistance further.

Anup Karkal, Feb 10, 2019
  4. NVFOX Win User

my mouse cursor if flickering and dissapears when not moving?

Flickering mouse pointer.

I have a brand new ASUS Vivo PC, with I7, 128GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Intel Graphics. Installation of Windows 10- was no plem, and so was the installation of other programs/apps. The PC came with a USB mouse (generic but with ASUS branding).

I noticed that the mouse pointer was flickering so every 4 seconds, showing the "background busy" cursor for less than a second. all other cursors within a group would not do this. To narrow where this flickering is coming from, I connected the mouse to
    another PC: no flickering at all. Conclusion: it cannot be the hardware of the mouse. The next step was to select another pointer from the windows\cursor folder. Still the flickering was going on. That confirmed my conclusion. I tried other pointers, which
    I downloaded, still flickering.

I also connected a Logitech wireless mouse, a MS wireless mouse, with the same result: still flickering. Again this proves, it is not the mouse hardware. I use now my Logitech wireless mouse.

Here is another observation: At a startup/restart, the pointer (any size) would be quit for at least 4 minutes and then start flickering. During this time, no program/app was started. It just starts this flickering. From this I concluded that it appears
    not to be a hardware problem but a software problem. Where exactly, is here the big question. It probably would not help to start in safe mode, because it will not solve the issue even when the flickering does not occur. Under a start/restart (cold/warm start)
    the flickering would reoccur.

I researched the net, but could only very specific circumstances under which the flickering would occur. There was no solution for this case. Even ASUS Support, with whom I am in contact, do not have an answer so far.

There is one thing that bothers me: the basic drivers from Microsoft are from 2006: mouclass.sys, and mouhid.sys. Is this normal?

I appreciate any help to overcome this very annoying behavior.

NVFOX, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

my mouse cursor if flickering and dissapears when not moving?

1. my mouse cursor if flickering and dissapears when not moving? - Similar Threads - mouse cursor flickering

2. Screen Flickering when moving cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering when moving cursor: So, when I start the laptop, the screen is fine until I move the mouse. The moment the cursor appears on the screen, it starts flickering. My laptop is touch screen so when I touch anywhere on the screen the cursor disappears when touch is used, the screen stops flickering. I...
  3. Screen Flickering when moving cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering when moving cursor: So, when I start the laptop, the screen is fine until I move the mouse. The moment the cursor appears on the screen, it starts flickering. My laptop is touch screen so when I touch anywhere on the screen the cursor disappears when touch is used, the screen stops flickering. I...
  4. Cursor dissapeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor dissapeared: My mouse was working perfectly fine, but all of a sudden my cursor disappeared and mouse stopped working. I have to navigate my files and computer with my keyboard trying to uninstall the mouse drivers and reinstall them but it still doesn’t work. In device manager under mice...
  5. Cursor dissapeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor dissapeared: My mouse was working perfectly fine, but all of a sudden my cursor disappeared and mouse stopped working. I have to navigate my files and computer with my keyboard trying to uninstall the mouse drivers and reinstall them but it still doesn’t work. In devise manager under mice...
  6. screen flickering when moving mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen flickering when moving mouse: Hello! I am currently having an issue where after I close my computerLaptop from using it and wait some time and re-open it; when I use my mousepad or external mouse the screen flickers. Once it flickers if I don't move the mouse from that position then the screen stays...
  7. screen flickering when moving mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen flickering when moving mouse: Hello! I am currently having an issue where after I close my computerLaptop from using it and wait some time and re-open it; when I use my mousepad or external mouse the screen flickers. Once it flickers if I don't move the mouse from that position then the screen stays...
  8. screen flickering when moving mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. 2 mouse cursors on screen, one is stuck other flickers when moved.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 mouse cursors on screen, one is stuck other flickers when moved.: Hi, new to this sub reddit but Basically the title, girlfriends laptop suddenly decided to have one fixed mouse at the bottom right of the screen and one that flickers when she moves it around, it's a wireless mouse she has hooked up to it, and suddenly this has happened...
  10. Flickering Mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flickering Mouse cursor: This is a relatively new problem for me. The mouse has a fully charged battery (I think) but the problem is continuing. I've tried Google but I don't appear to have the HP Simple Pass program which is mentioned by some people. If it matters, I'm 72 and not exactly the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse disappears when not moving

2. cursor keeps flickering on screen

3. logitech mouse cursor flickering

4. something flickering next to my cursor,
  5. mouse flickers windows 10 doesnt move,
  6. wireless mouse stuck at extreem left and flickering in surface 2 pro,
  7. wireless mouse logitech flickering and 2 aarows visible,
  8. hp laptop two cursors one that moves on that is frozon,
  9. cursor frozen in one place on screen and flickers when mouse moves,
  10. why am i getting two mouse pointers flickering on my laptop,
  11. recent contacts disappears when moves mouse over it,